Aviation pioneer Curtiss finally gets...

Aviation pioneer Curtiss finally gets a memorial park in hometown

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Aviation pioneer Curtiss finally gets a memorial park in hometown. In it, Newsday reports that:

In the centenary year of one of aviation's greatest triumphs, a patch of wilderness next to Keuka Lake is finally being turned into a park honoring the Wright brothers' archrival, Glenn H. Curtiss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Greg Le Noue

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#1 Jan 12, 2008
Finally!

Curtiss' legacy is deserving of such an honor. This is definitely a step in the right direction to preserving the memory of someone a good friend of mine called the 'Henry Ford of Aviation.' If only this would have come a few years earlier. Jack Carpenter, author of "Pendulum" and one of Glenn Curtiss' strongest supporters dreamed of creating such a place. However, Jack died in Nov. 2005, and all that is left of his legacy are his books. If only we could offer Jack some sort of place in history at this park for his tireless efforts and support of Americas greatest aviator, Glenn H. Curtiss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hammondsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bath judicial system (Apr '16) May '17 judges indabag 2
News FCC fines Syracuse radio owner $20,000 after 'u... (Jun '16) May '17 ZIONIST MEDIA CABAL 4
More Bath Rumors... (Apr '13) May '17 yidfellas v USA 20
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 Sister Beatrice 1
dundees f*&cked up! (Mar '07) Aug '16 I know 2
Convicted Felons working on Wheelock rides Hamm... (Jun '11) Jun '13 booking agent 7
News On campus news (May '13) May '13 Halito 2

Hammondsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hammondsport Mortgages