Baby Found Wandering, Mother Arrested...

Baby Found Wandering, Mother Arrested l WPRI.com

There are 27 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Jan 22, 2009, titled Baby Found Wandering, Mother Arrested l WPRI.com. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

Police in Louisiana arrested a 22-year-old East Providence woman after her 18-month-old baby was found wandering in the parking lot of motel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nancy

Southbridge, MA

#1 Jan 22, 2009
put her away too
Dude

Bald Knob, AR

#2 Jan 22, 2009
Whoredog drug and alcohol abuser needs to have her tubes tied
anonymous

Providence, RI

#3 Jan 22, 2009
now this is a bad mother...
cadaz

East Providence, RI

#4 Jan 22, 2009
i agree nancy
russ

Michigan City, IN

#5 Jan 22, 2009
It seems fashionable for years now to attack the 'nuclear' American family with married parents raising children together. Tell you what, kids in such families have a lot less abuse and neglect, and those families raise kids instead of just watching them grow older in front of a TV.

There's a reason people ought to be out of school, and adults, and married, before they start having sex and making babies. That poor kid in the story above is going to be 'raised' by someone who doesn't know jack about anything at all.

Since: Dec 08

USA

#6 Jan 22, 2009
I'll bet shes got summer teeth

summer here summer there
Linda

Rumford, RI

#7 Jan 22, 2009
I can't freaking believe the stupidy that some young mothers do. Why in the world would you leave your child alone? You don't leave a baby alone, if you can't bring the baby with you, you should go out at all...
Will Austin TX

Austin, TX

#8 Jan 22, 2009
Bet the daquaris and meds were bought with WELFARE money.
pat RI

AOL

#9 Jan 22, 2009
what a shame, take the baby and let someone who wants children and can't have them, adopt the baby and give the love that it needs.
Donna

North Scituate, RI

#10 Jan 22, 2009
This is why we need to bring back forced sterilization for those dullards who cannot possibly take care of themselves, let alone innocent babies!
GOD IS GREAT

Providence, RI

#11 Jan 22, 2009
donna was this also GODS fault?
PJM

Lincoln, RI

#12 Jan 22, 2009
"put her away too".......why bother? Just execute her...save the taxpayers money and set an example...maybe people will think twice if they see what despicable and irresponsible behavior can bring.......no, wait; she needs help: shower her w/ counseling and parenting classes so she can 'improve'.........yeeeaaaaaaah hhhhhhh.....
cadaz

East Providence, RI

#13 Jan 23, 2009
God i was 17 when i had my daughter and my social life stop. I didnt get to go out till after she was in her teens. Not that I regreat one min of it. i enjoyed my time with her when she was small. Before anyone comments NO I WAS NOT A WELFARE MOM! my parents and her father helped me out big time. I hope they do give the baby to someone who deserves it but they wont. thats our system!!!!
JULIE

Providence, RI

#14 Jan 23, 2009
cadaz the story is not about YOU but i notice on all the post you try to make the story about YOU.stop being a drama queen for every subject it makes you look foolish
No surprise---

Evanston, IL

#15 Jan 23, 2009
Louisiana?? Is Britney S. the mother? Also, nice that the article refers to the baby as "it". And if the "boyfriend" works nearby(ish)- close enough for the mother to have purported to go pick him up - why is there a hotel involved? It's not like they were out-of-towners. Why wasn't the mom home in her trailer with "it"?
Matthew

Newport, RI

#16 Jan 23, 2009
Hey Julie, stfu. Cadaz was relating an anecdote which is appropriate to the story. Stop being an ignorant AND arrogant douchebag.
wakka

San Diego, CA

#17 Jan 23, 2009
The mother is stupid and, the writer needs to use more comma splices, great.
Mel

Manchester, NH

#18 Jan 23, 2009
That is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong! But I have noticed lately that if the father does something stupid like this the state will just hand the child over to the mother. I am wondering why if the mother does something wrong and the father isn't being charged why the child isn't released to him as opposed to being placed in foster care?
Donna

North Scituate, RI

#19 Jan 23, 2009
Hey God....of course it is his fault....he did invent BIRTH CONTROL. More people need to use it!!
Marnie

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jan 23, 2009
I think you people missed the fact that the family was from Rhode Island! Sense the article said the father was at the job site I'm going to guess he has some kind of construction job or he does some kind of specialized service. So all the comments about welfare are most likely unfounded. Also the mother is 22 with an 18 month old same age I am, meaning she was 20 or 21 when she had her child. So she was out of school. Pay attention and think before you post, or you look like the idoit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hammond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man accused of snatching purses from Hammond de... Sep 27 Noyb 1
Review: Townsend Recovery (Feb '11) Sep 21 Alexander 28
The Latest in large format Military Grade 3D Pr... Sep 20 3dPrintersnews 1
What's It Like Working For Sanderson Farms??? May '16 sierras_ride 1
News Jamie Lynn Spears blazes own trail (May '06) May '16 Tastee 1,149
Scariano Brothers is a crappy place to work (Jul '09) Apr '16 Livefromhammond 162
Apologies to the Portier Family (Feb '16) Feb '16 DAE 1

Hammond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hammond Mortgages