Hammond rejects idea of red light cam...

Hammond rejects idea of red light cameras

There are 4 comments on the WWL-TV New Orleans story from Nov 19, 2008, titled Hammond rejects idea of red light cameras. In it, WWL-TV New Orleans reports that:

The Hammond City Council has rejected on a 4-1 vote a measure opening the way for a private company to install cameras to photograph vehicles running red lights at the city's busiest intersections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWL-TV New Orleans.

Peggy S Arnold

AOL

#1 Nov 22, 2008
I agree for the cameras not to be installed at the red lights. What needs to be inforced is the number of people riding around without insurance. Someone needs to address this issue. I am in the insurance business and I see it everyday. Honest, hardworking citizens that are being victimized by hit and runs, parking lot accidents,(where the cameras are really needed) and accidents where the insured has to fix their own vehicle. Where is the justice in that? Cameras for running a red light? No some kind of system identifying the people without insurance on the roads is what our town needs. Lets get real and get something done about this problem!
Hammond Resident

Walker, LA

#2 Nov 23, 2008
Yes. I totally agree. I have heard of car park accidents many times over already. How can we get something done in this respect? Needs to be done!
Tina

Covington, LA

#3 Feb 28, 2009
So what are those cameras thats up already?
OL TIMER

Covington, LA

#4 Nov 27, 2009
YEAA I WANNA KNOW TOO .....SO I CAN SHOOT THEM OFF THE POLE !!!FREAKIN RETARDS !!! PUTTIN UP CAMERAS SO THE POLICE CAN GO STUFF MORE DONUTS IN THEIR FAT ASSES AND HIDE DRINKIN COFEEE !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hammond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's It Like Working For Sanderson Farms??? May '16 sierras_ride 1
News Jamie Lynn Spears blazes own trail (May '06) May '16 Tastee 1,149
Scariano Brothers is a crappy place to work (Jul '09) Apr '16 Livefromhammond 162
Apologies to the Portier Family Feb '16 DAE 1
News Jury convicts Bordelon of murdering girl (Jul '06) Jan '16 Witness 191
Pond in Ponchatoula (Nov '15) Nov '15 User1938 1
Christian Muscians (Nov '15) Nov '15 Faith Guy 1

Hammond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hammond Mortgages