Judge orders hiring plan for Tangipahoa School District

Nov 14, 2009 Full story: WWL-TV New Orleans

HAMMOND, La. -- A judge has ordered the Tangipahoa Parish School Board to increase its hiring of black educators for administrative positions.

Full Story
Phil

Auburn, AL

#2 Nov 15, 2009
So, who cares if the kids are being taught by qualified individuals, as long as there is a black person teaching them. There are significantly less black people in college and do you really think that a lot of blacks are going to go into education? No. The problem with the poor black souls that go into post-secondary institutions is that the sheer fact that they either choose a really hard/high income major and fail miserably and drop out...OR...they major in something really really really easy such as sociology.

The majority of blacks that I know do not possess enough patience and self control to educate others. La must have sub-par teaching standards for certification and that is a shame all in itself.

Teaching is a rewarding job and career, but I have never seen a school so far that has 40% black teachers; In order for this school district to meet this repugnant goal set by this idiot of a judge, they'll have to hire half of the black teachers in the state.

If the color of a teacher means more than their qualifications to the NAACP and district parents, I would pull my child out of that district and send them to a private school/another district in a heart beat.

I just hope this was not brought about by a black individual who applied for a position and was turned down due to lack of qualification or the lowest qualified. I would not put it past a black person to do this and cause all this ruckus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hammond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr OneHundrethMonkey 3,304
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) Sep 9 Tim 472
Scariano Brothers is a crappy place to work (Jul '09) Aug 20 bob 160
Compass Career College Jul '14 Michelle 1
Debate: Marijuana - Hammond, LA (Aug '10) Jul '14 Some1 Else 25
Baton Rouge woman celebrates 106th birthday: 'I... Jul '14 Hardy Parkerson JD 1
Review: Mary Cruz's Beauty Salon & Barber Shop (Apr '13) Jul '14 wendy 8
•••
•••
Hammond Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••