Hammond justice of the peace refuses ...

Hammond justice of the peace refuses to marry interracial couple

There are 4 comments on the WWL-TV New Orleans story from Oct 16, 2009, titled Hammond justice of the peace refuses to marry interracial couple. In it, WWL-TV New Orleans reports that:

A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWL-TV New Orleans.

mbtt31905

Mountain Home, ID

#1 Oct 16, 2009
I think that is disgusting. That man has no right to impose his personal predjudices on that couple. Interracial or not. There is no law against it, and absolutely nothing wrong with it, however what he did is very wrong. I think he should lose his job at the very least.
damnyankee

Belmont, NH

#2 Oct 16, 2009
mbtt31905 wrote:
I think that is disgusting. That man has no right to impose his personal predjudices on that couple. Interracial or not. There is no law against it, and absolutely nothing wrong with it, however what he did is very wrong. I think he should lose his job at the very least.
He should lose his job and the couple should sue his ass into the swamp he came from ...
mbtt31905

Mountain Home, ID

#3 Oct 17, 2009
amen to that!
Girl With hairy Arms

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2010
I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hammond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa walker Sep 18 New release 1
List the Bad Renters / Tenants in Hammond, La. ... Aug 30 Sam White is a Thief 3
list the people you know are thieves in our com... (Sep '09) Aug '17 Borderguard 10
Cindy or cynthia E. Mcswain use to live in Taz... Aug '17 friend 3
Darlene Willie of Loranger, Rumors?? Aug '17 truthseeker 1
Looking for Button Aug '17 Wheeler 2
Review: Townsend Recovery (Feb '11) Aug '17 Soberman 29

Hammond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hammond Mortgages