Since: Dec 08

South Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

I was returning home on I-55 south and went into Hammond to try and locate a good family restaurant with good food. All I saw was fast food chans (mickeyD, BK, Popeye)-thats not what I wanted. Are there any outstanding places to eat that I didn't find or is there just nothing other than chain type fast food places?
If you could help me out here, next time I go through, I would like to know. Thanks

“Ride em hard - Get em wet.”

South Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Well no replies in a week so I guess either people don't read and use these forums in Hammond, or there are just no good places to eat there.
blm

Ponchatoula, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

cowboycjn wrote:
Well no replies in a week so I guess either people don't read and use these forums in Hammond, or there are just no good places to eat there.
There are a couple of places down town. Brady's is good. Lee's drive in is good. They have a few salads that are good, we usually get the shrimp pasta salad. There are a few Mexican rest. but I have not ate at so I don't know how good they are. Catfish Charlies is good, Don's seafood is good. There is a coffee shop close to the mall, Sisters, we eat there a lot.

South Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

blm wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a couple of places down town. Brady's is good. Lee's drive in is good. They have a few salads that are good, we usually get the shrimp pasta salad. There are a few Mexican rest. but I have not ate at so I don't know how good they are. Catfish Charlies is good, Don's seafood is good. There is a coffee shop close to the mall, Sisters, we eat there a lot.
Well I was hoping for some good info but your very 1st suggestion "Brady's" - well look what another person had to say about it-:(its in these blogs)

- THE COCKROACHES AT BRADYS ARE A SPECIAL TREAT..... THEY CRAWL RIGHT OFF THE WALL AND INTO YOUR PLATE... IF THATS THE DINING AREA CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THE HELL IS HATCHING AND FESTERING IN THAT NASTY ASS KITCHEN???????? BON A PETITE!!!!! FOOL !!!! I EAT WHAT I COOK!!! GO AHEAD EAT IN A RESTURANT!!! PUT THAT FLU CARRING SPOON IN YOUR MOUTH!!!! DRINK OUT THAT GLASSS THE PREVIOUS CUSTOMER WITH PIAREHEA OF THE MOUTH DRANK OUT OF !!!!! MAKE SURE YOU WASH YOUR HANDS AND GRAB THAT DOORKNOB THE LAST GUY GRABBED WITH FECES ON HIS HANDS!!!! ENJOY YOUR OVERPRICED MEAL !!!!DONT FORGET TO LEAVE A 15% TIP!!!

So now I wonder what do YOU call a good resturant. As I said I was looking for a good family resturant - Mexican/Chinese or other etchnic group food joints is NOT my idea of a good American family resturant. Well like I said - guess there are no good places in Hammond.
Joe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Wow, it appears that you just want to be another self righteous judgemental human being with your snide generalization comments. Or perhaps you really didn't mean your statements to appear as cocky as I took them to be.

South Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Me being self righteous and judgemental -yet here YOU are judgeing me?? The nerve. I don't care how you take it dude - I just asked for info on a good outstanding place to eat when passing through and I am trying to make an educated decesion based on local peoples input. Yet I have one that speaks highly of a certain place; then in another post that same place is very poorly rated. Now that is all I have to work with - one for - one aganist. Makes for a tuff decesion. Or like I stated maybe there are no special outstanding places to eat there. So snide generalizations or not thats your opinion. If you don't have any input to the original question, I see no reason why you have to jump onto this bandwagon.
albany man

Lake Jackson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

cowboycjn wrote:
I was returning home on I-55 south and went into Hammond to try and locate a good family restaurant with good food. All I saw was fast food chans (mickeyD, BK, Popeye)-thats not what I wanted. Are there any outstanding places to eat that I didn't find or is there just nothing other than chain type fast food places?
If you could help me out here, next time I go through, I would like to know. Thanks
You should have got off on Wardline / College and gone east. Chilly Willys has great food, especially poboys.

South Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

albany man wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have got off on Wardline / College and gone east. Chilly Willys has great food, especially poboys.
Hey now thanks - that is the FIRST response that addresses the question I asked. I will keep it in mind and try it next time around. THANKS.

Since: Aug 11

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

cowboycjn wrote:
GO TO COOP DEVILLE. You won't be disappointed

South Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

albany man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dude, followed your suggestion and stopped there today. The food at Chilly Willys is very good. Service was great, the appertizer mushrooms were outstanding and their Hamburger Steak and the Chicken fried Steak meals were very tasty. Good meals and moderately priced - so I thank you for pointing that place out to me. Place was full and at 1 pm people were still coming in - seems to be a favorite and lots of good looking college women in there.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hammond Discussions

Search the Hammond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 11 hr Hold on there 2,639
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) Sat ACS 463
Compass Career College Fri Michelle 1
Debate: Marijuana - Hammond, LA (Aug '10) Jul 24 Some1 Else 25
Baton Rouge woman celebrates 106th birthday: 'I... Jul 20 Hardy Parkerson JD 1
Review: Mary Cruz's Beauty Salon & Barber Shop (Apr '13) Jul 10 wendy 8
Scariano Brothers is a crappy place to work (Jul '09) Jul 8 justhere4thecomments 159
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hammond Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hammond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••