United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2007

Judged:

Byard “Peck” Edwards, Jr. Law Office, L.L.C.
906 C.M. Fagan Drive, Suite 4-A
Hammond, Louisiana 70403

February 14, 2007
O’Donnells Restaurant
131 SW Railroad Avenue
Ponchatoula, LA 70454
Dear O’Donnell:
One would presume from your name an Irish heritage but from your manners one would presume more of a descent from Stalin. I have never been so rudely treated in a restaurant before in my entire life-The food quality was mediocre but still much better than your manners-You may rest assured that neither myself, my employees, clients, guests nor friends will ever dine with you again. I and my family are life long and generations long residents of Ponchatoula and I am going to see if I can generate a little adverse publicity for you and your place. Thank you.
Sincerely,
BYARD “PECK” EDWARDS, JR.
BPEjr./dmn

Since: Feb 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2007

DO NOT POST THE FORUM.
Mrs Ron Bauerle

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2007

My husband and I spent our Wedding Anniversary and Valentine's Day at O'Donnell's. This was our first visit. The food was fine, the service unprofessional. We asked that our food be boxed and didn't realize until we returned home that it had not been given to us (not left on the table). When I called, Sean O'Donnell was rude, told us we got off easy at $140 for dinner for two, made no effort to apologize or make any compensation. Business is built by reputation. This isn't New Orleans - I was offended by his attitude.
Stefanie

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2007

I don't know what you people are talking about but I have never had a bad experience at O'Donnell's. The food is always fabulously prepared and the service is second to none. I have always gotten the red carpet treatment when I have eaten at O'Donnell's. Mr. O'Donnell and his brother run a wonderful establishment and anyone in the area will tell you that we are simply blessed to have such a nice, posh place to dine in our quaint little town. If you have not tried O'Donnell's yet, I highly recommend it and furthermore let's let qualified food critics such as the Zagat rate restaurants and not uncultured people who simply like to cause problems.
Stefanie
Ponchatoula
Shannan Morgan

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2007

I am responding to the article Mr. Peck wrote. I felt very offended for O'Donnell's Restaurant. My husband and I have eaten at O'Donnell's numerous times. Each time we have dined here, we have had a wonderful experience. In fact, we have brought many of our friends and family there to eat. We live out of town and feel that this quaint restaurant is worth the drive. Because of my love for this restaurant, my girlfriends had a shower for me and held it at O'Donnell's. This too was a wonderful experience that myself, and the 50 guests attending, will remember. I think those Irish brothers need to disregard the 'negativity' written in the paper and keep on doing what they have been. I will continue dining there to show my support for such a deserving eatery; I hope others do too!!
Amber L

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2007

My family and I have eaten at O'Donnell's on several occasions. Each time we were treated kindly, had great service, and the food was wonderful. I think that the O'Donnell brothers need to continue doing the excellent job they are doing. I encourage anyone who hasn't been to eat there, to try it out for yourself. As far as Mr. Edwards goes, he needs to find something better to do with his time and energy.
Ann

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2007

I have eaten at O'Donnell's in the past, and I feel that both the food and service was good. To those who feel like the service or food was not up to their standards, maybe they should find somewhere else to dine and leave the O'Donnell brothers alone and keep their comments to themselves. I would recommend O'Donnell's to anyone.
Joe

Tickfaw, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2007

Judged:

BYARD PECK EDWARDS wrote:
DO NOT POST THE FORUM.
Hey pecker why don't you take care of your 1983 lawsuit before you take the time to write a food reveiw
Normal Guy USA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2007

Byron Pr ick Edwards, you sir are an idiot.
Normal Guy USA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2007

Junior. Classic. :)
Shooter McGavin

Tickfaw, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2007

Judged:

Thank you very much Mr. Edwards for having the courage to post what you did. You really made my day. I've known both brothers for quite some time and frankly your story doesn't surprise me. Both boys are bad seeds who move from scandal to scandal with no regard for anyone but themselves. Hopefully the townspeople heed your warning about these two creeps. The Floor-Manager, Sean actually hates all people in general it seems. He actually tortured kittens for fun when we were children. Thats when I made new friends. How's that for a front man at a nice restaurant. What's more fascinating is that Phil, the other brother who prepares the food hardly ever takes a bath. Did I mention the body hair on this guy. When Phil turned 15, Bigfoot went back into hiding. A modern day Neanderthol man who is handling your meat and eating off your plate in the back you can bet.

Keep up the good work Pecker! You must be very proud.

PS: I know about a Red Lobster in Metairie that is run by a questionable individual. Would you like to tag along with me in an attempt to crush his life and ruin the future of his family. We could spend money. I heard you were rich. We would really hit off I think.
David Duke

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2007

Judged:

Mr. Edwards,

I could not agree with your thoughts on O’Donnell’s or actions more. I've heard rumors that O'Donnell’s restaurant actually allows black people and the damn Jews in the restaurant... in the same dinning room as you and I if you can imagine such a thing. I can understand wanting to make money off those two despicable races, but keep them in the back room right?

I also agree with the control and power you have over your employees and clients… Allow them to eat when and where you say… Allow them to think only the way we Aryan brothers think. I'm sure your employees will always be faithful and stand beside you (those little dogs are so cute... which one answers the phone?), but if any of 5 or 6 clients you’ve had over the years ever gets out of line, call me and I will DESTROY them with you.
tator

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2007

in regards to this comment by the so called "international chef" edwards from pontchatoula! You sir are an egotesticle moron and should be neutered. The O'Donell's have always and will allways presented an excellent and enjoyable atmosphere and their food could not be any better. Go back to being a blood theif! Thanks Phil.

Randon
CBD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2007

Judged:

Pretty good trick you wiley old curmudgeon; trying sink this restaurant like you sunk that boat. You KNOW what I'm reffering to, buster! Tell you what tho, why don't you get sober for a few hours, think about what you are doing, and lay off. You are bashing good people who are working hard to make a living. This type harassment should be illegal.
Gunther

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2007

You, sir, are making an effort to ruin the business of some perfectly fine individuals just because you personally were treated less than the royalty you assume you are. Do us all a favor and rethink this decision. You are a scoundrel and a trickster, but we shall not fall for this tomfoolery! These are good people, and the truth shall come out as the owners are provide the excellent service and enjoyable atmosphere that I know they do! Be a good man and stop bashing a good restaurant.
Michael Scott

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

BYARD PECK EDWARDS wrote:
DO NOT POST THE FORUM.
That's what she said!
Jesse James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Judged:

Get a f**king life, Peck.
Brandi Harris

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2007

I was born, raised, and currently still live in Ponchtoula. O'Donnell's is by far one of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten. The staff is very friendly and courteous. You cannot find any food better on the North or South shore. I have always received the best service and food at O'Donnell's Restaurant. The owners, Sean and Phil have worked with me on several occasions to get a private party hosted there. I am so glad to have business owners and a restaurant like this in Ponchatoula.

Brandi Harris
Ponchatoula
Kristie

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2007

Dear Mr. Edwards:

Do you know how hard it's to run a restaurant? I never knew exactly what it took until I became involved in the restaurant business when marrying my husband. The restaurant business is the hardest living EVER. I am saying this from the heart I live this life everyday. I know we all have great experiences and horrible experiences. I personally know the Chef at O'Donnells and he is not at all as horrible as you are making him out to be. We can ALL be assholes especially when the guy probably had been working for more then 12 hours. Hadn't seen his family in two days. I am by no means trying to make excuses. I understand completely we all want everything to be great. I hope one day you will give these guy another chance. I know as being a part of the restaurant business I would want you to give us another chance.
DJ Shatter

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Hell No don't give them (or should I say us) another chance. Yes I am an employee of O'Donnells, Have been for a while now. We treat all of our visitors with the same exact hospitality. If you Mr. Edwads were treated badly then you must have done or said something to piss someone off. We treat even the worst of assholes with respect and politness. What probably happened is that you wanted a nice dinner so you could impress a female and then you realized that our quality meals come with a reasonable fine dinning price. Mr. Edwards if you didn't like O'Donnells then by all means don't come back!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hammond Discussions

Search the Hammond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mary Cruz's Beauty Salon & Barber Shop (Apr '13) 2 hr joe smith 4
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 4 hr Living Wage 2,109
Debate: Marijuana - Hammond, LA (Aug '10) Fri The Radio Star 23
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) Apr 17 Mike 443
Does Any One No Buddy Hinkle (Feb '10) Apr 12 friend 9
Review: Townsend Recovery (Feb '11) Mar 27 Quinton 26
flea market Mar '14 person of interest 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hammond Jobs

•••
•••