First Prev
of 2
Next Last
------

Branchland, WV

#1 Mar 31, 2013
What's good about this county ??
Whitey is Rightey

Hamlin, WV

#2 Mar 31, 2013
Low crime rate , almost no blacks, no drug problems
bob

Danville, WV

#3 Mar 31, 2013
Whitey is Rightey wrote:
Low crime rate , almost no blacks, no drug problems
lol. no drugs you are high
tori

Huntington, WV

#4 Mar 31, 2013
Crime has exploded thanks to drugs!
There's NOTHING good about Lincoln County. I left over 20 years ago and will never move back. The schools are terrible. The people are racist bigots who use the Bible to justify their hate. Pills and meth every where. Neighbors in your business. People don't value education. They're proud of their ignorance. There's not even a decent grocery store. The land is cheap but who wants to live with a meth trailer (not even a house) on one side and a pig farm on the other? Lincoln County is the turd of WV. And WV is the butt hole of the US.
------

Branchland, WV

#5 Mar 31, 2013
Lincoln County Schools Suck ! I go there ,
rabble rabble

Danville, WV

#6 Apr 1, 2013
tori wrote:
Crime has exploded thanks to drugs!
There's NOTHING good about Lincoln County. I left over 20 years ago and will never move back. The schools are terrible. The people are racist bigots who use the Bible to justify their hate. Pills and meth every where. Neighbors in your business. People don't value education. They're proud of their ignorance. There's not even a decent grocery store. The land is cheap but who wants to live with a meth trailer (not even a house) on one side and a pig farm on the other? Lincoln County is the turd of WV. And WV is the butt hole of the US.
I agree 100 percent tori!! you hit the nail on the head!
Hard Times

Charleston, WV

#7 Apr 1, 2013
You tell me the last time Lincoln County took applications for a company that was hiring. Our elected leaders have no desire to help the people of our county. The get their little pay checks for attending meetings, socializing, and saying this or that, but where is the jobs. Apparently no company wants to go to Lincoln County, so our young people usually leave for better places after graduating. Sad!
tori

Huntington, WV

#8 Apr 1, 2013
No company will ever move to Lincoln County to do business. First its too rural. There's not decent roads. The people are poorly educated, read through how people post on this site, you can't even read most of the comments. There aren't any services for new residents, again stores or restaurants. The people who live there are stuck in the past. As for the politicians, of course they don't want outsiders, they might interfere with all the dirty business. Vote buying, rigged elections and down right theft. Politicians there care about one thing and that's filling their own pockets at the cost of the residents.
------

Branchland, WV

#9 Apr 1, 2013
This County is horrible and filled with little nastys !!!
chuck d

Danville, WV

#10 Apr 1, 2013
Hard Times wrote:
You tell me the last time Lincoln County took applications for a company that was hiring. Our elected leaders have no desire to help the people of our county. The get their little pay checks for attending meetings, socializing, and saying this or that, but where is the jobs. Apparently no company wants to go to Lincoln County, so our young people usually leave for better places after graduating. Sad!
if they are smart they leave here for better places or they get stuck behind and get hooked on dope. a lot of ppl i graduated high school with are strung out or in jail.
$$

Branchland, WV

#11 Apr 1, 2013
I'm a 12th grader at Lchs & a teacher asks me for a chew & a bottle all the time & he always looks like he's high & his room always smells like weed
chuck d

Danville, WV

#12 Apr 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="$$"]I'm a 12th grader at Lchs & a teacher asks me for a chew & a bottle all the time & he always looks like he's high & his room always smells like weed[/QUOTE]ask him for a joint if he is bumming you for chews
Old Man

Charleston, WV

#13 Apr 1, 2013
Been here for a long time and seen no progress except for the West Hamlin and Hamlin area. I always thought the Steele Farm at West Hamlin would have been a great place for a Industrial Park. If the new high school was there I believe it would have been the best thing that ever happened for Lincoln County. Now the county is at war because Harts area people are sending their kids to Chapmanville. Really, the new school should have been built at the Steele Farm. Just think how much money the county is losing per student. Always thought Lincoln County would eventually get a big employer that could really help the county, but so far that has not happened.
Mil

Tampa, FL

#14 Apr 1, 2013
tori wrote:
No company will ever move to Lincoln County to do business. First its too rural. There's not decent roads. The people are poorly educated, read through how people post on this site, you can't even read most of the comments. There aren't any services for new residents, again stores or restaurants. The people who live there are stuck in the past. As for the politicians, of course they don't want outsiders, they might interfere with all the dirty business. Vote buying, rigged elections and down right theft. Politicians there care about one thing and that's filling their own pockets at the cost of the residents.
After I got married my husband tried to get a job in Lincoln county (he's originally from charleston) and no one would hire him because he was not from there and no one knew him so we were forced to sale everything we owned just to move out of Lincoln county to a place that would hire him. It ridiculous that you have to get in good with people from Lincoln county just to get a job to support your family. Even at a fast food place.
......

Branchland, WV

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Stupid People ! Hicks
simpleman

Beckley, WV

#16 Apr 6, 2013
Lincoln county is actually alot better than some places. The person that started this converse is right. This place does have a low crime rate and the drugs are not sold on the streets. The drugs are delt within the privacy of a persons home. So a person that doesnt live around a bad street can say that this place isn"t that bad of drugs because they never see it. It is boring all over unless you have a bunch of drug buddys coming over bout everyday or unless you have friends to go out with. Also I have lived here since I was twelve and i have heard alot of people say that we have the nicest people in this comummity they have seen. We help strangers and say hi to almost anyone. Most places if you say hi to someone you dont know there all snoby and missjudging you. So yeah lincoln is a peacful place and because of that...I Love My Town. Besides that borness and emptyness
alkdj

Danville, WV

#17 Apr 6, 2013
simpleman wrote:
Lincoln county is actually alot better than some places. The person that started this converse is right. This place does have a low crime rate and the drugs are not sold on the streets. The drugs are delt within the privacy of a persons home. So a person that doesnt live around a bad street can say that this place isn"t that bad of drugs because they never see it. It is boring all over unless you have a bunch of drug buddys coming over bout everyday or unless you have friends to go out with. Also I have lived here since I was twelve and i have heard alot of people say that we have the nicest people in this comummity they have seen. We help strangers and say hi to almost anyone. Most places if you say hi to someone you dont know there all snoby and missjudging you. So yeah lincoln is a peacful place and because of that...I Love My Town. Besides that borness and emptyness
drugs might not be sold in the streets but ppl break into your house to get them. ppl trade their foodstamps and let their kids go hungry for them.
......

Branchland, WV

#18 Apr 6, 2013
Lincoln County is StUpID !!
1 post removed
Dumb founded

Hamlin, WV

#20 Sep 8, 2014
Lincoln co had a good opertunity , but the board of commissions decided to worry that (Walmart) would take away from business like hagers , and these little shops that has 2 and three employees .
Well news flash ! Walmart would have had about 200 to 300 employees ! If you shoped at these little business , you felt the pinch . The only reason that these business stay in business is , it's cheaper to shop there than to drive to Huntington to get what you need ,And they know that .
curious george

Branchland, WV

#21 Sep 8, 2014
Dumb founded wrote:
Lincoln co had a good opertunity , but the board of commissions decided to worry that (Walmart) would take away from business like hagers , and these little shops that has 2 and three employees .
Well news flash ! Walmart would have had about 200 to 300 employees ! If you shoped at these little business , you felt the pinch . The only reason that these business stay in business is , it's cheaper to shop there than to drive to Huntington to get what you need ,And they know that .
That's the problem no one want to support the small local business but whine and gripe cause there is no money in these small towns. Places like walmart take money out away from small towns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Betsy Ross 4 hr Tom Clark 2
iris 6 hr Tom Clark 3
Candy Wilson (Nov '12) 6 hr Tom Clark 19
Whatever happened to Candina (Candi) Daniels? (Feb '10) Sat Tom Clark 8
Jennifer Rakes Fri Bram 4
rachel icenhower (Mar '10) Feb 4 hlm 94
Tosha Linville Feb 4 Tom Clark 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamlin Mortgages