christmas bazzar in hamlin at commun...

christmas bazzar in hamlin at community center

Posted in the Hamlin Forum

wondering

Rupert, WV

#1 Dec 12, 2012
i was wondering who "won" the door prizes, and how many "needy " families got the food that was collected, and was it worth the trip for the other vendors, i sat up their,and i was not impressed. did not sell enought to make my money to set up back or for the gas it took to get their. any one eles disapointed
danny48

Harts, WV

#2 Dec 13, 2012
People try to do something positive
boohoo

Rupert, WV

#3 Dec 13, 2012
i went to it .it was nicely set up , friendly people, i shopped, i ate, was a little disappointed that their was not more people their set up like advertised. was really shocked at some of the prices on some of the stuff, the "santa work shop" was a joke selling the same stuff you get the dollar tree for $3 and $5 , i was thinking that they have someone play Santa for the kids buti guess it was beyond their ability. but all in all it was nice.
scam

Rupert, WV

#4 Dec 13, 2012
it was all a scam to get you out of your food.. nothing went to neddy family's, it all went home with the people who was selling stuff their
RhonDa

Rupert, WV

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Well i for one think it was great. The lady who put the event together did a very good job. They had all different kinds of crafters set up. LOCAL crafters who took the time to make the stuff they was selling .I found the event nice, people their was really nice, the food was good .I can't wait until they hold another one so i can set up at it.
Laura McComas

United States

#6 Dec 13, 2012
I am the one who was hosting this event. I didn't promise shoppers would come out for it. This was the first time for this sort of thing. I had 6 vendors chancel on me within 3 days of the event. some because they were ill, one because their husband set them up for another thing with a group he belonged too, and one because her son in law was admitted to the hospital and she had the children. 13 families will be helped by this event, all with a FULL Christmas Dinner box. Why anyone would say I was taking it all home with me for myself is beyond any comprehension I have. I passed out cards for people to let me know if they wanted to come back for the next one, and well over 2/3 of the vendors gave me the card back. To the one who was a vendor and was disappointed, I am sorry you were disappointed. Things like this are a hit and miss. Sometimes you make money, sometimes you don't. As to who won the prizes. If names were written on the back of the ticket that was drawn, with a phone number to call, and if they were no present at the time of the drawing, they were called. There was one vendor who had a quilt they were taking chances on, which was on facebook as well, and that drawing isn't until the end of the month. I had NO control over the drawing each individual vendor had. The Santa's Workshop was set up to let the kids shop, I am sorry if you didn't like the prices. And not all the items were from the Dollar Tree. A lot of it was DONATED by people who don't even live in Lincoln County but were kind enough to give me things for the event. The money raised by the Santa's Workshop and the Concessions (which the vendor's didn't have to pay for) is going to buy things like the dinner rolls and a pie for each box. Like I said, if you weren't happy about it, I am sorry. Maybe next year will be different. blasting me and the event and saying I am NOT giving the food to needy families is ridiculous.
Rachael

United States

#7 Dec 15, 2012
I really cannot believe you would sit there and say something like this. Sure you can be disappointed all you want, but to say that she only did it to scam people out of their food! What kind of horrible person even THINKS about that, let alone accuses another person of doing it. You are just pathetic. If you didn't like it, fine, but DO NOT sit there and LIE about MY mother when all she was trying to do was HELP families in need. What in the word would we do with 13 turkeys and hams? I mean really now? And for you're information, we have already delivered some of the meals to families, thank you. You are just being spiteful and nasty because you didn't make a crapload of money. But it was the very first year we've done this, what did you expect? Really? Grow up, and stop lying about people just because you aren't happy. Pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
caryn mayle is on meth 10 min Tell it 6
Won't even say HELLO 4 hr Maggie 8
David "BRUMY" Brumfield (Nov '12) 6 hr Leslie 3
Jeremy Adkins (Apr '10) 6 hr You make me sick 92
Do you know where you husband is..... 7 hr TomCwannaBMe 1
rachel icenhower (Mar '10) 19 hr Tom Clark 111
Culloden Music Thread (Jul '13) Wed Musikologist 10

Hamlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance