Branchland, WV

#1 Jul 14, 2013
My teenage son has been looking for a job for some quite time now & he can't f ind nothing .
Hot Tail

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2013
speedway, dollar general in west hamlin, huddle house are all hiring

Branchland, WV

#3 Jul 16, 2013
We live in Hamlin
FrackNFrick

United States

#4 Jul 18, 2013
Lord forbid you'll have to commute 15 min in order to work.
You do realize that most people in Lincoln co have to commute 30-90 min just to go to work, right? Going from Hamlin to West Hamlin for a job is nothing, ESPECIALLY if you're lucky enough to get a job in that area in this community....
Jerry

Webster Springs, WV

#5 Jul 19, 2013
And if you do get a job in this community it isn't worth it any way, because everything here wants to start out at minimum wage
FrackNFrick

Branchland, WV

#6 Jul 20, 2013
Jerry wrote:
And if you do get a job in this community it isn't worth it any way, because everything here wants to start out at minimum wage
So...it's not worth it to be a contributing member of society like everyone else, just because its minimum wage? Take what you can get, & be happy with it! Geez..do you expect to start out working as a teenager, as the poster said the job search was for her son, with no experience & no education, & make $10-$20 hr?!?
Even those who aren't teenagers usually have little experience & just w high school diploma. Further your education & you'll make more than $7.25. I'm not being judgmental, really. Cuz all I have is a high school diploma & just make minimum wage. However, I'll gladly work double shifts, to pay my bills & be happy I even have a job, while taking classes to further my education so I won't be making just minimum wage all my life.
There are some jobs in this area, more in Huntington however, that are way above minimum wage. But don't expect to get hired for them & b:tch & moan about $7.25, if you are qualified.
Jerry

Webster Springs, WV

#7 Jul 20, 2013
I have a college degree and do quite well for my family. I was just stating from personal experience when i was younger all you will get here is minimum wage.

Branchland, WV

#8 Jul 21, 2013
My son don't care if its 10 dollars an hour or 6.75 an hour . He's happy of what he can get . He's trying to get a job when all these other people sit on the house and let welfare take care of them . my son just wants a job .
lynn egnor

Hamlin, WV

#9 Jul 23, 2013
i dont make a lot , but i do ok

Branchland, WV

#10 Jul 23, 2013
At least you have a job & don't depend on welfare ! It doesn't matter how much you make as long as your tryin to get by on your own !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
patty vance (May '10) 22 hr carlos santana 17
little johnny may 22 hr interested 1
Kathy Stewart Fri Jessie 3
Randy and Drema Frye (Mar '10) Thu D Jarrell 5
Protest March Planned on Upper Mud River Road Dec 17 Truth Mosely 1
Lincoln PSD troubles ease Dec 17 Elby 2
Roy Dale Searls Dec 16 Councilman 9
Hamlin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web