Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned parent

United States

#1 Feb 22, 2010
I think that a person shouldn't qualify to be a principal to grade school/middle school children unless they have children of their own. She's very rude and inconsiderate of you and your children's relationships and doesn't understand the bond between parents and their children. I feel that that school has turned into more of an "institution" than a learning environment, she runs it like a juvenille detention center. She doesn't understand that sometimes things happen with children and that every situation with your children can present a new challenge, and i feel that she picks on certain people. Some parents are allowed to do things others are not and she chooses to pick certain parents to criticize, If she has a situation where she feels she needs to criticize someone's parent, she should say this to every parent whose child is in the same situation and not just pick on certain parents.
I AGREE

Webster Springs, WV

#2 Feb 22, 2010
MY SENIOR YR OF HIGH SCHOOL SHE WAS GOING (WELL TRY) TO TAKE THE PRINCIPALS JOB AND LASTED I THINK A WEEK IF THT LONG.THEN ONE DAY IN OUR CLASS SHE SAID IN FACT O I COULDNT DO IT.IT WAS SO NASTY WHEN LITTLE KIDS COME UP TO YOU WHEN THEY USED THE BATHROOM ON THEMSELVES AND IT IS AND WAS JUST SO MUCH OF A HEADACHE ALL THE TATTELING ALL THE YELLING AND SCREAMING.SHE SAID I WOULD REITHER COME BACK OVER HERE THEN BE OVER THERE.SHE ONLY CARES ABOUT HER BB GIRLS AND THTS ABOUT IT. IF THERE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO PLAY SPORTS AND DOESNT MEET HER HIGH STANDARDS THEN THEY GET THE WRONG END OF THE DEAL.
Exactly

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2010
I AGREE wrote:
MY SENIOR YR OF HIGH SCHOOL SHE WAS GOING (WELL TRY) TO TAKE THE PRINCIPALS JOB AND LASTED I THINK A WEEK IF THT LONG.THEN ONE DAY IN OUR CLASS SHE SAID IN FACT O I COULDNT DO IT.IT WAS SO NASTY WHEN LITTLE KIDS COME UP TO YOU WHEN THEY USED THE BATHROOM ON THEMSELVES AND IT IS AND WAS JUST SO MUCH OF A HEADACHE ALL THE TATTELING ALL THE YELLING AND SCREAMING.SHE SAID I WOULD REITHER COME BACK OVER HERE THEN BE OVER THERE.SHE ONLY CARES ABOUT HER BB GIRLS AND THTS ABOUT IT. IF THERE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO PLAY SPORTS AND DOESNT MEET HER HIGH STANDARDS THEN THEY GET THE WRONG END OF THE DEAL.
Exactly, she only cares about the older kids in the middle school, and the elementary is just like a hassle to her!!
I AGREE

Webster Springs, WV

#4 Feb 23, 2010
THANK YOU EXACTLY.SHE JUST CANT OVER RUN THE KIDS PARENTS INTO MAKEN THOSE GRADE SCHOOL KIDS DO SPORTS.LIKE SHE DOES THE MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL KIDS.YES IF SHE THINKS U CAN DO SOMETHING THEN UR CRAP SMELLS LIKE ROSES AND IF U DONT APPEAL TO HER EYE THEN SO BE IT SHE WILL SEND U DOWN THE ROAD.SHE ONLY CARES ABOUT BEING ABLE TO RUN UR CHILDS LIFE IN DRILLING THEM INTO SPORTS BECAUSE ITS SOMETHING SHE DIDNT AND COULDNT DO WHEN SHE WAS YOUNGER SO SHE TAKES IT OUT ON THE SCHOOL KIDS.IM SURE THT THE NEXT DAY AFTER A GAME THE POOR LIL GRADE SCHOOL STUDENTS GOT TREATED BAD IF SHE DIDNT GET A WIN THE NIGHT B4.ITS SAD WHAT AND WHO THE LET BE PRINCIPALS THESE DAYS.ALL THEY ARE IS BULLIES BOTTOM LIKE.
yep

Hamlin, WV

#5 Mar 13, 2010
in total agreement with all the above
parent also

Charleston, WV

#6 Mar 29, 2010
i too have a child at Duval and i have to agree with all this i am in no way going to say that my child is perfect but i believe that all kids should be treated the same no matter how they dress,how much money the parents make,if they play sports or if the parents does not work inside the school and that is what goes on over there she had my husband in Hamlin High School and did not like him .well just as soon as she found out who my childs dad was she has found every reason to pick on my child...
Mother

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2010
She runs the elementary/middle school like a jailhouse instead of a learning environment, she's more concerned with rules and regulations than the comfort and learning experiences of the children. I think she is ridiculous, and i hope they get a new principal next year.
baby baby

Landisburg, PA

#8 Apr 20, 2010
I wish they can learning the kids and dont let the kids bring the home work home all the time , and some kid dont know how to do the work and they have to do it any why or they will fail the work . i have 2 kids in DUVAL. SCHOOL and my kids say theydont lean nothing at all up there because ithe tercher just help some of them and they dont care about the other kids.
parent also

Charleston, WV

#9 Apr 21, 2010
yeah my son has had the same problem with one certain teacher this year it don't matter how hard he tries in her class he still fails and if they ask for help on something the teachers tell them i've already went over this once u should have got it the first time.but i think that it is a teachers job to teach our children no matter how many times they have to explain things thats what they get paid for.....
LC GUY

Brea, CA

#10 Apr 22, 2010
Kim has had sex with students in the past. Do you want her around your kids?
LC Guy

Brea, CA

#11 Apr 22, 2010
She hates little kids. That's why she had sex with her students
lol

Hamlin, WV

#12 Apr 23, 2010
LC Guy wrote:
She hates little kids. That's why she had sex with her students
you are a nasty Packs
David M Johnson

Charleston, WV

#13 May 5, 2012
I AGREE wrote:
She did not take the job because they would not let her fire the entire high school administrative employees and bring in who she wanted. It does not end there either she was one of four Lincoln county school employee's that physically abused our 6 year old son at duval and now its time for her to pay the fiddler because I wrote an email to the cabinet secretary of DHHR and now a state level internal unit that investigates institutions will be investigating abuse complaints at Duval so if anyone has a child that has been abused at Duval this year by any staff member please call this unit at 800-352-6513 and report it right away STOP CHILD ABUSE AT DUVAL
1 post removed
concerned parent too

Mount Lookout, WV

#15 May 6, 2012
I agree with everyone on here. I dont understand why shes still in there if theres so many parents that want her out. Ive had trouble with her from day 1. We have had some pretty intense conversations and theres been a couple of them that shes just walked away from me. I will help out any way I can to get her out and away from our children. She does NOT need to be anywhere near kids period.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16 May 6, 2012
concerned parent too wrote:
I agree with everyone on here. I dont understand why shes still in there if theres so many parents that want her out. Ive had trouble with her from day 1. We have had some pretty intense conversations and theres been a couple of them that shes just walked away from me. I will help out any way I can to get her out and away from our children. She does NOT need to be anywhere near kids period.
there are several things you can do sign the petition at
ww.change.org/petitions/superintendent-of-lin...
2. call the school and advise you file a state police report the next time your son is bullied.

3. call a school board member and report the situation and re-iterate you will file charges making a state police report on the next incident.

4. report the issue to the DHHR IAAU for investigation

5. get involved and talk to other parents you know that may be having the same problem.

6. we need to organize a meeting of all the parents with stories like this to plan an organized effort to remove this woman from the school and harming our children.

SPREAD THE WORD TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS WHO HAVE KIDS ATTENDING DUVAL WE NEED TO STOP CHILD ABUSE AT DUVAL.
1 Mom 4 Duval Students

Charleston, WV

#17 May 8, 2012
I have read posts from different forums on here talking about Principal Clayton-Lovejoy From roaches to child abuse

I have this to add:

Do you know they had the students outside on May 2nd 2012.....(in 90 degree weather).....

doing some form of dance exercises, while other kids were doing laps around the building. These were the middle school age kids. They were red faced and sweating excessively. There were several teachers also doing this with the kids, all the while the principal is standing there just watching. Why isn't she participating also??

The site reminded me of prisoners getting there yard time for the day.

I don't have an issue with the kids exercising, but I have to wonder why they were not doing this inside the gym out of the blistering sun?

I have a child in elementary who said they had to do the same out on the playground that day.

Did they check and make sure every child did not have some form of health issue this may effect prior to doing this? This could cause a child with Asthma to have a major attack.

I believe the school is careless in different ways and things need to change.

My run ins with the principal have basically been the same as everyone else's in this post. She is very rude and makes nasty comments to you tht are uncalled for.

I make it a point never to deal with the woman and always take my issues to Mr. Baisden. However, I don't trust him at all either, because he knows how this woman treats the children and as educators, they are mandated to report abuse, even when it is other staff members.
bout time

Bellevue, WA

#18 May 8, 2012
those who went to Hamlin High had to deal with this for a long, long time.. she is an effin k*nt. aways has treated kids very poor, except for the sports stars.

Location hidden

#19 May 18, 2012
IAAU a state level CPS unit that investigates institutions began the investigation of our sons abuse today I was told I could be present while my children were being questioned how ever the school staff was not allowing me to be there, but as a testament to0 the security of the school they did not know he already left. I hope to god there is never a real security threat at the school the clueless staff would be in trouble.. Also petitions to remove Kin Clatyon are available at Jody's iga and Yawkey Quik mart or online at change .org or just click this link
http://tinyurl.com/72k7rov
1 post removed
A long time ago but

United States

#21 May 18, 2012
bout time wrote:
those who went to Hamlin High had to deal with this for a long, long time.. she is an effin k*nt. aways has treated kids very poor, except for the sports stars.
It has been many years and a truly different time in how abuse of students was viewed, but it is a matter of record that Kim married a former student of hers and it is general knowledge that began while there was a student-teacher relationship in place. Equally, she reportedly had a number of "events" over the years that was similar to Danny.

Many years ago one of my children had her as teacher and her conduct was known but she was not inordinately offensive to my daughter. I did not know her but her demeanor and appearance suggested she was a dyke. That in and of itself is ok but it became apparent she was not hitting on girls rather juvenile boys. That is equally as bad and she should have been terminated at that time.

In an internet age the improper conduct while a long time ago can become a factor. School boards don't like having embarrassing inappropriate behavior being aired on cable news. This behavior is likely not subject to the statute of limitations. These folks should seek a comprehensive investigation of her fitness to be in the school system based on her present and past conduct.

For those that find publicity such as media exposure distasteful, remember how those children that are bullied feel. Bullies dislike exposure and it is one of the few methods to get action. The teacher's union(s) will come to her rescue, but the only equalizer the "bullied" have is publicity and the force of public opinion on the school board.

Hamlin, WV

#22 May 27, 2012
You sound just a little bit crazy, btw.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 35 min Mgtn Res 57,067
tina&larry still selling 14 hr Rusty 5
Is Judge Scott Elswick fair? Thu OUT with Scott El... 22
WSAZ new anchor Brittany Hoke Wed amos 10
So what do yall think about Stephanie Childers Aug 27 Matana 3
Cook and Woodrum Wed Aug 27 jerkin jackie brown 2
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana Aug 26 Johnny 183
•••
•••
•••

Hamlin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000