Pursuit ends in Branchland; cruiser s...

Pursuit ends in Branchland; cruiser struck by Kentucky man

There are 6 comments on the Lincoln Journal story from Jul 3, 2013, titled Pursuit ends in Branchland; cruiser struck by Kentucky man. In it, Lincoln Journal reports that:

A dramatic evening police chase ended in Branchland, last week, but only after the accused had struck a West Virginia State Police vehicle causing significant damage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln Journal.

Fubar

United States

#1 Jul 5, 2013
This was a heart warming story.
Police misconduct

San Jose, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2013
Yet another example of excessive police testosterone. As usual the Hamlin faux police chief aka mayor involved Hamlin's police department. Remember that little insurance form to the State Board of Risk a few months back that the Recorder filled out correctly and the Mayor, excuse me, Police Chief re-filed and misstated the methodology Hamlin uses.

High speed chases always result in damaged political subdivision assets and expose ordinary citizens to unacceptable risks to "catch" usually minor criminals.

This exercise did not contribute one iota to public safety. Chris Wilkinson is a threat to public safety.

Guess who gets to pay for the damaged cruiser? The taxpayers of course. They were lucky that someone in the path of this juvenile exercise did not pay with their life. Ten to one the accused was given the "Lincoln County Treatment".

That is what you get when you set an IQ of 100 as the higher limit for police officers.
Citizen

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2013
Police misconduct wrote:
Yet another example of excessive police testosterone. As usual the Hamlin faux police chief aka mayor involved Hamlin's police department. Remember that little insurance form to the State Board of Risk a few months back that the Recorder filled out correctly and the Mayor, excuse me, Police Chief re-filed and misstated the methodology Hamlin uses.

High speed chases always result in damaged political subdivision assets and expose ordinary citizens to unacceptable risks to "catch" usually minor criminals.

This exercise did not contribute one iota to public safety. Chris Wilkinson is a threat to public safety.

Guess who gets to pay for the damaged cruiser? The taxpayers of course. They were lucky that someone in the path of this juvenile exercise did not pay with their life. Ten to one the accused was given the "Lincoln County Treatment".

That is what you get when you set an IQ of 100 as the higher limit for police officers.
I don't know that officer but you are correct about the high speed chases.
Route 10 is no place to drive 100 mph. When the police say a chase is "100 mph"....it could be anything above that.
Not that police cruisers are really fast cars (they are not), but will go fast enough to kill people. I was on I-64 one time when the state police passed me 130 mph or so. These officers don't realize that normal drivers cannot perceive how fast they are approaching from behind. One move left or right it would be death or permanent injury...for what? So the state can issue a speeding ticket?
1 post removed
LONNIE

West Hamlin, WV

#5 Jul 6, 2013
did this happen by my church
toothless

Chapmanville, WV

#6 Jul 23, 2013
glad they got him
Police Micconduct

San Jose, CA

#7 Jul 23, 2013
toothless wrote:
glad they got him
Oh, them cowboys rode hard and got their man. Don't matter that they could have killed any number of people chasing a misdemeanor case. He has charged with a misdemeanor!

Chrissy Wilkerson who by the way is Police Chief of Hamlin, beat his chest and crowed like a rooster that had just humped six hens.

Those West Virginia taxpayers don't mind paying for the cruiser damage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun 3 hr Skunky 2
Salt rock mafia rides again 19 hr Skunk 6
The bandwagon Wed Kit kat 4
coal miners lounge (Nov '15) Wed Kit kat 12
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Nov 28 Jay Siatan 3,907
Help Nov 27 Dave 4
Why did Keelia and Bobby break up?? (Nov '10) Nov 27 dude 7

Hamlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance