Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18164 Jun 19, 2013
harvey wall banger wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not your job to tell me what my rights are. That's the problem with you lefties.
No, but it is my right to tell you that I think you're an uniformed idiot.
harvey wall banger wrote:
<quoted text>You think are rights are given to us by government. Our rights are God given rights and doesn't have anything to do with the government.
Where did "God" give you any rights? The bible was written by men, not by God and unless I am mistaken, God has never spoken to us about our "rights."
harvey wall banger wrote:
<quoted text>The government works for us the tax payers. We don't work for the government. Remember We The People.
I know how it works, half-wit and I damn sure don't need some inbred like you telling me who works for whom. The government is supposed to work on a consensus of opinion (that's democracy), but right now, it is being held hostage by a minority of republicans who are not working for the majority. They are working for their corporate sponsors and half-witted shyt heads like you think they are working for you.
1 post removed
Arthur

United States

#18166 Jun 19, 2013
Can someone please explain to me why the Democrats in Congress refuse to seal the border? As Democrat this is another thing I happen to agree with Republicans on. Seems like a logical first step before any amnesty otherwise what is the point?
Crowley

Fairmont, WV

#18167 Jun 19, 2013
Arthur wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why the Democrats in Congress refuse to seal the border? As Democrat this is another thing I happen to agree with Republicans on. Seems like a logical first step before any amnesty otherwise what is the point?
A secure border means less dumbocrat votes.
harvey wall banger

Saint Albans, WV

#18168 Jun 19, 2013
Arthur wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why the Democrats in Congress refuse to seal the border? As Democrat this is another thing I happen to agree with Republicans on. Seems like a logical first step before any amnesty otherwise what is the point?
They need the Hispanic population to illegally vote for them. If they didn't have the blacks and Hispanics voting for them they would never get elected.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18169 Jun 19, 2013
Arthur wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why the Democrats in Congress refuse to seal the border? As Democrat this is another thing I happen to agree with Republicans on. Seems like a logical first step before any amnesty otherwise what is the point?
Have you ever seen the border? Any part of the border? Do you have any idea how much land mass we are talking about there and how much effort and money it would cost to seal the border? It's nearly 2000 miles long and by some estimates, it would cost more than 30 billion and that is just building. It doesn't cover the cost of maintaining it or guarding it.

How about we just come up with a realistic immigration policy that is not based on whether or not someone speaks English or any other road blocks that republicans keep throwing up instead of just jumping to the sensational conclusion that we have to build a fence?

Or how about we make Mexico share the responsibility for keeping their citizens out of our country by limiting trade and tourism with them until they comply?

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18170 Jun 19, 2013
You're just worried about it because you know it doesn't take a genius to lean on that shovel of yours all day long. Mexicans would do it better and cheaper than you ever could.
Crowley wrote:
<quoted text>
A secure border means less dumbocrat votes.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#18171 Jun 19, 2013
Reagan funded bin Laden and gave the Taliban their start. Nevermmind Iran-Contra or the enormous failure that was "trickle-down" economics. His legacies are failures to everyone but dumb tea baggers, who have no one else to look back upon fondly without being made fun of.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#18172 Jun 19, 2013
Arthur wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why the Democrats in Congress refuse to seal the border? As Democrat this is another thing I happen to agree with Republicans on. Seems like a logical first step before any amnesty otherwise what is the point?
Seal the border? What are we, Berlin in 1958? There are exponentially FEWER border crossing under Obama compared to the war criminal, and far higher deportations. Stop calling yourself a democrat. You know no facts and don't read. Democrats do both.
Crowley

Fairmont, WV

#18173 Jun 19, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Reagan funded bin Laden and gave the Taliban their start. Nevermmind Iran-Contra or the enormous failure that was "trickle-down" economics. His legacies are failures to everyone but dumb tea baggers, who have no one else to look back upon fondly without being made fun of.
Meat Lover, we can always look fondly upon your ignorance.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#18174 Jun 19, 2013
Crowley wrote:
<quoted text>
Meat Lover, we can always look fondly upon your ignorance.
You're the expert there. Just glad you didn't deny any of the facts I mentioned. I guess standing silent is your way of saying, "ouch."
harvey wall banger

Saint Albans, WV

#18175 Jun 19, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen the border? Any part of the border? Do you have any idea how much land mass we are talking about there and how much effort and money it would cost to seal the border? It's nearly 2000 miles long and by some estimates, it would cost more than 30 billion and that is just building. It doesn't cover the cost of maintaining it or guarding it.

How about we just come up with a realistic immigration policy that is not based on whether or not someone speaks English or any other road blocks that republicans keep throwing up instead of just jumping to the sensational conclusion that we have to build a fence?

Or how about we make Mexico share the responsibility for keeping their citizens out of our country by limiting trade and tourism with them until they comply?
How about stopping trade a tourism and trade until they comply. How about we stop Nafta with them until they comply. How about shooting the drug mules as the cross the border. How about we stop the human trafficking they are involved in at the border. How about we stop giving Mexico money and forgiving the debt with them. How about we help them stop the drug cartels in Mexico whether they want our help or not. How about we send the CIA to infiltrate the drug gangs in Mexico and take out the leaders of the drug cartels. Build a wall and fence to keep the immigrants from sneaking across the border. How about having an immigration policy that rewards those who come here the right way and punish those who don't. How about when we arrest these morons when they are drunk and driving without a license and doing other crimes we don't catch and release them. How about we honor the immigration laws we now have. Oh and that fence you don't want to put up, would cost a lot of money but it would save us a lot of money in the long run. How about we stop calling these people undocumented immigrants and calling them what they are illegal aliens. How about we stop all of this political correctness crap and get serious about follow the laws that.are already on the books.
Crowley

Ashburn, VA

#18176 Jun 19, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the expert there. Just glad you didn't deny any of the facts I mentioned. I guess standing silent is your way of saying, "ouch."
As usual, you don't have a clue. Your ignorant ramblings don't deserve a response.
harvey wall banger

Saint Albans, WV

#18177 Jun 19, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>Seal the border? What are we, Berlin in 1958? There are exponentially FEWER border crossing under Obama compared to the war criminal, and far higher deportations. Stop calling yourself a democrat. You know no facts and don't read. Democrats do both.
You know why there is less now? BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GET A DAMN JOB HERE. BECAUSE OUR ECONOMY SUCKS. Most come here to work and when there is no work it normally slows down.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#18178 Jun 19, 2013
Obama has stiffened border security. Coupled with an economy that Bush gave us through unfunded tax cuts for billionaires and trillions on a Chinese credit card, it's definitely slowed. But that doesn't explain why Obama is deporting more.

While you dumb tea baggers worry about illegal aliens, you let the real problems fall through your hands. GOP policies protect the rich and expose the poor. One in 4 US children are hungry. We have more gun murders than all the other modern countries combined. We have 40 million people who can't get healthcare in the richest country in the world. Illegal aliens simply aren't a big issue. They're a tangent that republicans give to tea baggers so they won't complain when IBM pays no corporate income tax. And you fall for it. Just like food stamps. They don't want you to know that 92 percent of recipients have jobs but just don't make enough. They don't want you to know that their little drug testing program was a failure and embarrassent. They want you to force your anger downward, at the poor,m not upwards at the rich, where it'll actually make a difference. And as always, they say - you do.
Yum

Van, WV

#18179 Jun 19, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
;)
LOL!
harvey wall banger

Saint Albans, WV

#18180 Jun 19, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Obama has stiffened border security. Coupled with an economy that Bush gave us through unfunded tax cuts for billionaires and trillions on a Chinese credit card, it's definitely slowed. But that doesn't explain why Obama is deporting more.

While you dumb tea baggers worry about illegal aliens, you let the real problems fall through your hands. GOP policies protect the rich and expose the poor. One in 4 US children are hungry. We have more gun murders than all the other modern countries combined. We have 40 million people who can't get healthcare in the richest country in the world. Illegal aliens simply aren't a big issue. They're a tangent that republicans give to tea baggers so they won't complain when IBM pays no corporate income tax. And you fall for it. Just like food stamps. They don't want you to know that 92 percent of recipients have jobs but just don't make enough. They don't want you to know that their little drug testing program was a failure and embarrassent. They want you to force your anger downward, at the poor,m not upwards at the rich, where it'll actually make a difference. And as always, they say - you do.
The problem is people believe that money I'd finite and not infinite. The better the economy the more money in the economy. The rich don't have to pay more taxes to better the economy. There needs to be a livable wage law that puts people that work in a livable wage bracket and wage increases according to COLI (cost of living Index.)
Don't touch the way people are taxed until the economy is strong and thriving. Oh no that is a democrat response. But that is what I believe. Businesses that talk this bull crap that it will put them out of business, I say bull crap. Because they will do what it takes to stay in business. So I don't always agree with the republican platform. I think American worker does not get paid for there value. Then these businesses that close plants and other types of business don't allow them to import one thing from the country they move to.
hillbilly

Elkview, WV

#18181 Jun 19, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Delusion, I'll bite. What are the real issues?
<quoted text>
Well, Delusion, since you think you've somehow managed to avoid eating cancer, maybe you need to tell us WHY.
I never claimed to have avoided eating cancer causing foods, that's impossible from where I live. I just want you to get upset or in the least seemed shocked about it. Let's start with this as being a "real" issue. The food we are eating gives us cancer!!!! This is scary, it's not some coincidence. They know GMO/aspartame/ect. causes cancer...there are studies that show it...so why does the FDA still pass it as safe for human consumption??

Other countries won't accept American food because it is poison.

Doesn't this freak you out? There is something seriously wrong with society...
hillbilly

Elkview, WV

#18182 Jun 19, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, poor Delusion. Let's see....you don't use capitalization, you have no sense of punctuation, and you use words like "kinda."
Are you catching my drift here at all Delusion? Any of that sinking in, or should I learn to speak Idiot so I could communicate with you a little better.
<quoted text>
I sure do, Delusion. Do you know what the word "vaccuous" means--because you sure do exemplify the word.
I feel sorry for you because I bet no one in real life likes you. Even through a computer I know I do not like you and you are a very miserable and small minded person. You should be blocked from Topix for being morally awful and spreading ignorance.

Stop being so mean and start thinking.
illusion

Elkview, WV

#18183 Jun 19, 2013
Yum wrote:
<quoted text>
He wouldn't know why. If the government really was feeding it's country cancer to kill and keep down the population for instance, that is Ludacris. For one, it costs the government MILLIONS of dollars to pay for medical treatment for cancer patients. Which for the theory I just brought up- if the government is killing/ it's people with cancer, they are not very smart, now are they? This is just a conspiracy theory.
I think he meant how not why. Anyhow, are you denying that the food Americans typically eat causes cancer?? Because it does. Why is this?

Maybe a bunch of mad scientists got together and wanted to start genetically mutating plants and experimenting with poisonous chemicals to see what kind of "flavors" they could create...

Maybe there's no evil people in the world who would like to see the demise of humanity...let's assume there's not and that our government is looking out for us...

So why then are we still eating cancerous substances? If the government wants to lower health care costs shouldn't the FDA step in and do their job? Why isn't that happening?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#18184 Jun 19, 2013
Aspartame hasn't been used in decades. Foods don't cause cancer. Certain chemicals in high quantities increase the likelihood of cancers. Every country on the planet would swap with us in a heartbeat. We have the safest and most abundant food system in the history of man. People make bad choices and eat too many processed foods. Processing adds chemicals and all of those chemicals will cause negative health effects if consumed too heavily.

Harvey - we can't compete with other countries because our workers make far too much. It would be great to say "everybody gets a living wage by law," but that's not capitalism. That's socialism. We need to put a 40 percent tarrif on any luxury product imported. Period. If Apple wants to ship their $500 iPhones here from China, fine. But it'll be a $750 iPhone. And an American manufacturer will beat them at that price. If we drastically increase wages and do nothing to entice them to stay, they'll leave more than they already have. We also must end the untaxed overseas profits. These are American companies because they HAVE to be American companies. Their profits must come here be taxed here and invested here. Don't like that and you're gonna move your HQ to Paris? Go ahead. Just don't forget you won't be able to sell to Americans without that tariff. The American consumer is the greatest economical force in the world. We need to flex our muscles for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family Drama 3 hr Grow up 1
Ross pharmacy (Jun '15) 5 hr Justsaying 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 17 hr ricky bobby 1,262
News Former deputy files civil suit against sheriff (Aug '15) Fri Disappointed again 7
good doctor in hamlin? Apr 26 looking for friend 2
looking for a woman named Sybil (Apr '14) Apr 25 The Last Warrior ... 7
Little Barry Mullins Apr 25 Angel j 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamlin Mortgages