Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#13628 May 9, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Ok, there is scientific theory that god exists in another dimension. There are multi-dimensional theories but none of them would ever mention an arbitrary power for which there is no evidence like your God. Science must be true in all languages and places, and remember, most people aren't christian. Hell christ wasn't even the first son of god born on December 25 that walked on water and rose from the dead after crucufixion. Mithra was first written about 2000 years before christ and was the most adhered-to religion in the era that Jesus is reported to have lived.
The bible is a massive collection of literature. Nothing more. Just like any other book written in its time, it is mostly wrong in its descriptions of realities. Almost all religious texts are the same in this way. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that it's a vital part of human history that changed the world. But it is one of many.
To much is confirmed as truth though. Bible prophesy for instance. the facts i mentioned in prior post. And actually Christ exsisted in the old testament , he's referred to as Melchizedek. Even psalms 22 which was written by David refers to the future crucifixion of Christ centuries later. It says he would be scourged(beaten) and speaks of stripes(whip) it says his bones wouldnt be broken upon his death(it was customary to break the legs of victims to hasten their death) but when the went to break his , he was already dead. It says his water would mix with his blood. When the centurion stuck him with the spear to ensure he was dead, the plasma
(water) ran out to mix with his blood. And one must ask why would the very empire (roman) that crucified him turn around and base a religion on a so called shady character unless he was on record as having exsisted and the story of his life and death as well as his miracles were a matter of fact. And one more thing thats not even known in the christian circles was his burial and resurrection. Most assume he was just cleaned up and put in the tomb. But not all burials were done the same way. For instance a person of wealth was actually wrapped like a mummy up to the neck and a burial cloth put over the face. Since Joseph the wealthy man that asked for the body and was in charge of the burial, it is more than likely he prepared the body in this way. What it constituted was after wrapping the body it was prepared with various spices that caused a hard shellac. So, since many accuse that Christs body was stolen so as to make up a story of resurrection, this couldnt have happened because when they went to the tomb, what they found was a cocoon shaped object with no body in it. It couldnt have been unwrapped and certainly couldnt have been rewrapped.
2 posts removed
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#13631 May 9, 2013
Beechnut wrote:
I just can,t understand why ppl. such as Sundog and other keep repeating over and over that human,s came to be from a micro organism. He and other will never or Science be about to prove this theory they just keep on rattling about Science know,s best. God said that in the last day,s Man,s knowledge will increase but but his wisdom would decrease... You can look back 200 yr,s and see this. The has been more invention,s than if you added all the yr,s before. That include,s thousand,s of yr,s....ppl. Like Sundog are just not able to comprehend this.
Nobody said humans came from a microorganism. That's what you can't grasp. To say that would imply proof exists. It doesn't curently. But there is evidence. The amount of evidence is so overwhelming that it's clear to rational people, but science doesn't claim it as fact. That's the difference. What we don't know as law, science gathers evidence to explain. What you don't know as law, religion makes shit up to explain. You can choose to believe theories that are backed by reproducable evidence or you can choose to believe what religion tells you. One works to try and figure things out, the other considers this work heresy.

And the reason why our technology has grown tremendously recently is because of science, not because of religion. Religion causes wars and stifles culture and learning. It always has throughout history. Bush hurt stem cell research in the name of religion. Thankfully its resumed to the benefit of all mankind, but there's proof of how damaging religious idiocy can be to society.

We went from two guys flying 40 feet in a paper airplane in 1902 to landing two guys on the moon in 1967 not because of any religion, but in spite of it. Science works. Religion doesn't. Believe what you want, but don't be offended when you find yourself left out of intellectual conversations. Religion isn't found in those.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#13632 May 9, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
I'm not blinded to the other at all. I went to church for years, read the bible and many other books on religion (not just Christianity). I made an informed decision that mankind invented religion, not God. Most of you "Christians" have invented God in your own image and attempt to use him as a weapon. It's the height of hypocrisy.
Science has none of that
<quoted text>
You only began to question the reality of God after taking certain classes in college. You had help in making yourself a reprobate mind. Being weak, you allowed yourself to be influenced by likewise reprobates. And it never ceases to amaze me why people automatically accept as factual these records or documents dating back centuries that question any judeo/christian validity. Even the devil has enough smarts to hide a pint of poison in a lake of truth. And the smartest thing he ever did was convince people he doesnt exist. His goal is to bring about the downfall of mankind due to his jealousy and envy for them having been created.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#13633 May 9, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
I had renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer). They removed my left kidney. It was stage 3 nearly to stage 4. I go in for my 5 year check up in June. I was fortunate in that I didn't have to have any chemo or anything. They seem to have gotten it all with surgery.
<quoted text>
I had two surgeries for bladder cancer. No chemo as well. It was the most aggresive kind , grade 3 but it was noninvasive. They did BCG which was basically once a wk they would put a catheter in me and drip a tb vaccine into my bladder which sloths off a layer where any cancer cells might be left behind after taking the tumor or lesions off. After waking from my first surgery they had a catheter in me as big around as my damn finger. My ass was puckered. The pressure was so much i couldnt sit , i told the nurse and she said "Well honey i can give you a suppository". I said " By God, i dont know about that" She said "Honey , you can let me do it or wait until the midnight shift comes on in a few hours" I said " Alright, go ahead" Within 20 min. i was fine. Thank god for small miracles.
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#13634 May 9, 2013
Poet - bible prophecy has the exact same rate of accuracy as Nostradamus or a bourbon street fortune teller - about 50 percent. If I say "a bad man will come and a war will be waged" it'll be true - eventually. That doesn't make me a prophet. The way bible freaks rewrite and retranslate and reinterpret that book it astonishes me why they haven't just gone ahead and made the corrections.

And you're right, most people questioned religion in college. But that's because they reached the age of reason. The only reason why anyone believes in it is because they were told to before they reached that age. It's geographical. If you born here, you're probably a christian family. If you were born in the bahamas, it may be voodoo or in the orient, you may be a buddhist. That's why most people don't believe what you do. To think you have some knowledge the rest of the world doesn't isn't just arrogant, it's ignorant.
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#13635 May 9, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>You only began to question the reality of God after taking certain classes in college. You had help in making yourself a reprobate mind. Being weak, you allowed yourself to be influenced by likewise reprobates. And it never ceases to amaze me why people automatically accept as factual these records or documents dating back centuries that question any judeo/christian validity. Even the devil has enough smarts to hide a pint of poison in a lake of truth. And the smartest thing he ever did was convince people he doesnt exist. His goal is to bring about the downfall of mankind due to his jealousy and envy for them having been created.
Oooh

Spooky.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#13636 May 9, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Poet - bible prophecy has the exact same rate of accuracy as Nostradamus or a bourbon street fortune teller - about 50 percent. If I say "a bad man will come and a war will be waged" it'll be true - eventually. That doesn't make me a prophet. The way bible freaks rewrite and retranslate and reinterpret that book it astonishes me why they haven't just gone ahead and made the corrections.
And you're right, most people questioned religion in college. But that's because they reached the age of reason. The only reason why anyone believes in it is because they were told to before they reached that age. It's geographical. If you born here, you're probably a christian family. If you were born in the bahamas, it may be voodoo or in the orient, you may be a buddhist. That's why most people don't believe what you do. To think you have some knowledge the rest of the world doesn't isn't just arrogant, it's ignorant.
No it really isnt arrogance but facts that have about everything covered. For instance its always been taught that all who dont accept Jesus will perish. Not true as they've been taught. During the 1000 yr reign of Christ yet to come, all those people raised in other cultures who didnt have the chance of hearing the gospel for the reason of redemption will be resurrected and walk the earth again. This is the 2nd resurrection. They will be given the chance
to hear the gospel. This was the reason Jesus preached among the dead during the time his flesh body laid in the tomb. It was to give all those who existed from the dawn of creation the chance to hear the gospel as well. You see, God is a fair God that doesnt want any of his children to perish and does all he can to ensure their salvation. However those of us who've heard the gospel and rejected it will not get this 2nd chance. This is when Satan will be chained for 1000 yrs. And after the reign is over, satan will be released for a short season so as to tempt mankind once again. This is to see if we have learned anything after being shown how we were supposed to live under Gods laws, the ones we forfeited in the garden thoussands of yrs ago. Because no matter what type of government man has enacted throughout our history, we couldnt do away with the social ills of our society. If you would put the same effort in the bible and its prophesies you would find that its 100% accurate. Some prophesies were forecast right down to the exact yr according to timetables.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#13637 May 9, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh
Spooky.
BOO! That wasnt the holy ghost though, that was just me.LOL
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#13638 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>No it really isnt arrogance but facts that have about everything covered. For instance its always been taught that all who dont accept Jesus will perish. Not true as they've been taught. During the 1000 yr reign of Christ yet to come, all those people raised in other cultures who didnt have the chance of hearing the gospel for the reason of redemption will be resurrected and walk the earth again. This is the 2nd resurrection. They will be given the chance
to hear the gospel. This was the reason Jesus preached among the dead during the time his flesh body laid in the tomb. It was to give all those who existed from the dawn of creation the chance to hear the gospel as well. You see, God is a fair God that doesnt want any of his children to perish and does all he can to ensure their salvation. However those of us who've heard the gospel and rejected it will not get this 2nd chance. This is when Satan will be chained for 1000 yrs. And after the reign is over, satan will be released for a short season so as to tempt mankind once again. This is to see if we have learned anything after being shown how we were supposed to live under Gods laws, the ones we forfeited in the garden thoussands of yrs ago. Because no matter what type of government man has enacted throughout our history, we couldnt do away with the social ills of our society. If you would put the same effort in the bible and its prophesies you would find that its 100% accurate. Some prophesies were forecast right down to the exact yr according to timetables.
No they didn't. Care to show a little proof of the wacky claims?
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#13639 May 9, 2013
Poet - you keep regurgitating bible prose. I realize you don't understand that it's completely illogical and rational people don't buy into it. But you should acknowledge the fact that there is a direct correlation between a lack of intellect and the belief in god? The higher your IQ, the lower the chances are that you believe in god. Just a fact.

Also, can you give one example of an accurate bible prediction that isn't completely interpreted and fashioned to fit the purpose? Just one.
Ricky

Chesapeake, OH

#13640 May 9, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Poet - you keep regurgitating bible prose. I realize you don't understand that it's completely illogical and rational people don't buy into it. But you should acknowledge the fact that there is a direct correlation between a lack of intellect and the belief in god? The higher your IQ, the lower the chances are that you believe in god. Just a fact.

Also, can you give one example of an accurate bible prediction that isn't completely interpreted and fashioned to fit the purpose? Just one.
That's why a high IQ isn't everything. Faith is a good thing to live by. I know a lot of people with high IQ that has absolutely no common sense. High IQ only means that you are very good of retaining a lot of information. Doesn't mean you are good at using that information for the right thing. Just look at some of the highest IQ people ever. Albert Einstein was a brilliant man but was also a complete whack job. So IQ isn't everything.
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#13641 May 9, 2013
Ricky wrote:
<quoted text>That's why a high IQ isn't everything. Faith is a good thing to live by. I know a lot of people with high IQ that has absolutely no common sense. High IQ only means that you are very good of retaining a lot of information. Doesn't mean you are good at using that information for the right thing. Just look at some of the highest IQ people ever. Albert Einstein was a brilliant man but was also a complete whack job. So IQ isn't everything.
You don't understand what IQ is. I have faith that you won't bother to educate yourself.
mcbill

Saint Albans, WV

#13642 May 9, 2013
All over the news... Gun crime down 69% in the last 20 years. Murder by guns down 49%... Aint that a bitch. I suppose you godless sacks did something to reflect that? Good guys with guns means less crime... Period!
5 posts removed

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#13648 May 9, 2013
You're right. I don't comprehend ignorance. Evolution has been more than proven, but a certain segment of our society just won't accept facts. It's not my place to worry about them.
Beechnut wrote:
I just can,t understand why ppl. such as Sundog and other keep repeating over and over that human,s came to be from a micro organism. He and other will never or Science be about to prove this theory they just keep on rattling about Science know,s best. God said that in the last day,s Man,s knowledge will increase but but his wisdom would decrease... You can look back 200 yr,s and see this. The has been more invention,s than if you added all the yr,s before. That include,s thousand,s of yr,s....ppl. Like Sundog are just not able to comprehend this.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#13649 May 9, 2013
That's not what an IQ is. Not even remotely.
Ricky wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why a high IQ isn't everything. Faith is a good thing to live by. I know a lot of people with high IQ that has absolutely no common sense. High IQ only means that you are very good of retaining a lot of information. Doesn't mean you are good at using that information for the right thing. Just look at some of the highest IQ people ever. Albert Einstein was a brilliant man but was also a complete whack job. So IQ isn't everything.
bacon hater

Pittsburgh, PA

#13650 May 9, 2013
Ha ha. Know what else is down during the same period? Households with guns, from 50 to 33 percent. You're an idiot.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#13651 May 9, 2013
Ricky wrote:
<quoted text>
The list is endless. Better to just type in what your looking for and you'll find a website pertaining to any of them. They go into more detail than im willing to spend the time or effort to do. Prophesy related to birth and death of christ, rebirth of israel, 1000 yr reign, weather, wind currents, water currents, dietary, hygiene, earth being an orb, nations in modern times, 12 princes(arab nations) fighting with one another , jeruselem being a thorn in the worlds side in the last days,and on and on, etc, etc.
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#13652 May 9, 2013
mcbill wrote:
All over the news... Gun crime down 69% in the last 20 years. Murder by guns down 49%... Aint that a bitch. I suppose you godless sacks did something to reflect that? Good guys with guns means less crime... Period!
....period doesn't make stupid comments true.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#13653 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I had two surgeries for bladder cancer. No chemo as well. It was the most aggresive kind , grade 3 but it was noninvasive. They did BCG which was basically once a wk they would put a catheter in me and drip a tb vaccine into my bladder which sloths off a layer where any cancer cells might be left behind after taking the tumor or lesions off. After waking from my first surgery they had a catheter in me as big around as my damn finger. My ass was puckered. The pressure was so much i couldnt sit , i told the nurse and she said "Well honey i can give you a suppository". I said " By God, i dont know about that" She said "Honey , you can let me do it or wait until the midnight shift comes on in a few hours" I said " Alright, go ahead" Within 20 min. i was fine. Thank god for small miracles.
I had a catheter in for a month because my kidney was throwing out blood clots that kept clogging up my bladder. Jesus, that was a long month. They did something prior to my surgery called an angio embolization (I am sure I spelled that wrong) where the disconnected everything from my kidney by going through my arteries. It was pretty amazing. I was awake for that...doped up on morphine, but awake nonetheless. They took out the catheter that I had had in for a month. Talk about freaking painful. I thought I would go through the roof. After they did the surgery, I woke up with the damn catheter back in and it stayed in for 3 days. I think that was the worst part of the whole surgery. Well, aside from getting the 80 some staples removed.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#13654 May 9, 2013
<quoted text> You only began to question the reality of God after taking certain classes in college. You had help in making yourself a reprobate mind. Being weak, you allowed yourself to be influenced by likewise reprobates. And it never ceases to amaze me why people automatically accept as factual these records or documents dating back centuries that question any judeo/christian validity. Even the devil has enough smarts to hide a pint of poison in a lake of truth. And the smartest thing he ever did was convince people he doesnt exist. His goal is to bring about the downfall of mankind due to his jealousy and envy for them having been created.
I was younger than that.

My uncle was a sociology professor at Concord college. I read a book of his on evolution when I was quite young. Too young to understand most of it, but I found it intriguing and, to be honest, much more believable. After that, things like evolution and natural selection became a hobby for me and I read everything I could get my hands on--which, in the mid to late 60's in southern WV, wasn't a whole lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judy call Tom Clark 4 hr Tom Clark 1
James Sexton Rachael Sexton everyone WATCH OUT 7 hr ExGf 14
Jeff James Jr and Heather Adkins Wed Justicewillbedone 1
Sara phelps Crawford pin oak red oak Wed 1Mountain_Momma 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed Go Blue Forever 1,384
City center Wed Missy 1
Beech fork campground area Tue Big bubba 16

Hamlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance