Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
bacon hater

Youngstown, OH

#12979 May 4, 2013
Since the war criminal put his tax cuts for millionaires and his wars on a Chinese credit card, we've managed to stop the housing slide, save the US auto industry, turn job losses to gains and begin the process of paying down the debt (which was also brought back by Bush). I'm really surprised Obama was able to accomplish all that in just five years considering the shape this country was in when he took office. Not to mention he also ended the war Iraq, killed bin Laden, killed the pirates and returned stability to shipping lanes, and passed tremendous laws that republicans vehemently opposed including the Violence Against Women's Act, the Lilly Ledbetter laws for equal pay and the Affordable Care Act. Under any circumstances, his accomplishments are massive. Under his circumstances, they are astonishing.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12980 May 4, 2013
Wrong again, dim bulb.

"We can put light where there's darkness, and hope where there's despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home."

- President George W. Bush, Oct. 15, 2002
From his earliest days in office, Bush paired his belief that Americans do best when they own their own homes with his conviction that markets do best when left alone. Bush pushed hard to expand home ownership, especially among minority groups, an initiative that dovetailed with both his ambition to expand Republican appeal and the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.

Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Bush chose to oversee them - an old school buddy - pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

But thanks for spouting the party line WITHOUT bothering to research it yourself. It just proves my point.

;)
Crowley wrote:
<quoted text>
And for those of you keeping score, Carter and Clinton were the instigators of the housing bubble.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12981 May 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Since the war criminal put his tax cuts for millionaires and his wars on a Chinese credit card, we've managed to stop the housing slide, save the US auto industry, turn job losses to gains and begin the process of paying down the debt (which was also brought back by Bush). I'm really surprised Obama was able to accomplish all that in just five years considering the shape this country was in when he took office. Not to mention he also ended the war Iraq, killed bin Laden, killed the pirates and returned stability to shipping lanes, and passed tremendous laws that republicans vehemently opposed including the Violence Against Women's Act, the Lilly Ledbetter laws for equal pay and the Affordable Care Act. Under any circumstances, his accomplishments are massive. Under his circumstances, they are astonishing.
And he did all of that WITHOUT any republican help. Imagine what he could have done had republicans not been in Washington at all.
bacon hater

Youngstown, OH

#12982 May 4, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
And he did all of that WITHOUT any republican help. Imagine what he could have done had republicans not been in Washington at all.
Let's see... he could have passed his infrastructure bill that would've put a million people to work rebuilding our roads, bridges and dams. We'd have a single-payer health system like all 21 other countries have that are ranked ahead of us in quality. He'd have closed Guantanamo and probably iced out a few dozen more al queda members (barack is a stone-cold killer, you gotta hand it to the guy, especially for a Nobel Prize winner for peace).

He probably would have completely realigned our budget to invest our trillions of wasted defense dollars into our infrastructure, green energy and business development. He once said, "I want to build schools and roads, they want to build nuclear bombers to attack countries that don't exist in a scenario that can't happen."

Power grid investments would've happened and our fossil fuel use would've been slashed, along without destruction of the environment. We'd have invested massively in secondary educational opportunities and college alternatives. Our military would be far leaner and much meaner, more mobile and reactionary. He'd have repealed Bush's bans on stemm cell research sooner and made investments in medicine and science comparable to the 1960s Kennedy-era (that's always been his goal). We'd be a in a country that welcomes immigrants as we did when they built this country and an age of tolerance would've began.

"If Republicans hadn't been in Washington at all." Wow. That's a fun exercize. Enough to make the mind race.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#12983 May 4, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Whined?
Not at all. I merely stated the fact that you write like a 3rd grader. Instead of taking my criticism to heart and trying to better yourself, you lashed out like a hurt little girl by confusing a typo with an inability to write like an adult.
But then again, it was probably the best you could do, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on you.
<quoted text>
Still talking about HARD ON? You just cant refrain from it can you? LOL
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#12984 May 4, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Not bad at all. Now if you could just teach your girlfriend, The Pink Poet, the proper use of the word, you'd be okay.
Personally, I don't think she's capable of learning, but maybe, just maybe, she will listen to one of her fellow idiots.
Give it a try and let's see how it works.
<quoted text>
I hear ya!

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12985 May 4, 2013
Interesting that with all that has been said this morning, you focus in on two words.

As if we needed any more proof of your gayness, you seem more than willing to provide even more.

Maybe you should read the entire comment for context instead of just watering at the mouth at the mere mention of the object of your desire.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
Still talking about HARD ON? You just cant refrain from it can you? LOL
s

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12986 May 4, 2013
I'm sure you thought you were accomplishing something with this weak reply, but in essence, you just admitted that you were an idiot.

Should I dumb this game down a little bit to make it more fair for you?
<quoted text>
I hear ya!

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12987 May 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... he could have passed his infrastructure bill that would've put a million people to work rebuilding our roads, bridges and dams. We'd have a single-payer health system like all 21 other countries have that are ranked ahead of us in quality. He'd have closed Guantanamo and probably iced out a few dozen more al queda members (barack is a stone-cold killer, you gotta hand it to the guy, especially for a Nobel Prize winner for peace).
He probably would have completely realigned our budget to invest our trillions of wasted defense dollars into our infrastructure, green energy and business development. He once said, "I want to build schools and roads, they want to build nuclear bombers to attack countries that don't exist in a scenario that can't happen."
Power grid investments would've happened and our fossil fuel use would've been slashed, along without destruction of the environment. We'd have invested massively in secondary educational opportunities and college alternatives. Our military would be far leaner and much meaner, more mobile and reactionary. He'd have repealed Bush's bans on stemm cell research sooner and made investments in medicine and science comparable to the 1960s Kennedy-era (that's always been his goal). We'd be a in a country that welcomes immigrants as we did when they built this country and an age of tolerance would've began.
"If Republicans hadn't been in Washington at all." Wow. That's a fun exercize. Enough to make the mind race.
Brilliant.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#12988 May 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
I'd just like to address welfare, since it seems to be a point of contention among conservatives. First, welfare generates huge profits for this country. It also allowed us to gain our status as an economc superpower. I wonder how many of our brightest entrepreneurs wouldn't have started their companies for fear that failure would lead to starvation, as it does in so many other economic settings. And most importantly, you should know that the overwhelming majority of people who receive assistance have jobs and work. Welfare designated for actual non-working poor is a tiny fraction of our budget. And, the DHHR reports that over 70 percent of these people will be off the program within three years. And, the last welfare reform was made by a democrat, not a republican. While the total number of people reciving assistance has risen over the last five years, it was the crash of 2008 under Bush that caused the economic disaster that resulted in the need for additional assistance.

Even though it peaked it also started the decline under Clinton. Bush inherited it. But that doesnt register with the reprobate mind does it. Selective memory again? Imagine that.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12989 May 4, 2013
Much the same as it doesn't register with you idiots that the economy crashed under Bush and Obama inherited it.
<quoted text>
Even though it peaked it also started the decline under Clinton. Bush inherited it. But that doesnt register with the reprobate mind does it. Selective memory again? Imagine that.
bacon hater

Youngstown, OH

#12990 May 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Clinton didn't start two wars and put them on a Chinese credit card. He would never give billions in completely unfunded tax cuts to millionaires. Bush did both, and no one in their right mind would claim any other reason for our economy's collapse.

Whatever happened to "the oil will pay for the war?" Where's that oil? Where's that money? As a taxpayer, you should be pissed about that extra little lie he through in there on top of his imaginary WMDs and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED debacles.
bacon hater

Youngstown, OH

#12991 May 4, 2013
*threw

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12992 May 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton didn't start two wars and put them on a Chinese credit card. He would never give billions in completely unfunded tax cuts to millionaires. Bush did both, and no one in their right mind would claim any other reason for our economy's collapse.
Whatever happened to "the oil will pay for the war?" Where's that oil? Where's that money? As a taxpayer, you should be pissed about that extra little lie he through in there on top of his imaginary WMDs and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED debacles.
He should be angry about it, but like most middle and lower income republicans, he is just thrilled at the opportunity to pay taxes so that the rich and corporations don't have to. After all, if he does, he has been promised a job (even though the rich are exporting jobs overseas to countries where they only have to pay employees 2 chickens a week). But don't worry, that helps the rich get richer and well maybe they will create a job for their fellow lower and middle class conservative supporters who are just OH SO HAPPY to pay those taxes so that the rich don't have to.
bacon hater

Youngstown, OH

#12993 May 4, 2013
Yeah but they were told they'd be rich someday too ; ) Just like them.

I just read that 63 percent of registered republicans believe WE FOUND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION in Iraq. I mean, really, WTF! I'm done. I give up. It's a lost cause. My bet is the other 37 percent can't read and didn't respond to the questions. I'm beginning to think that winning the civil war may not have been our best option.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/06/21/...

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12994 May 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
I just read that 63 percent of registered republicans believe WE FOUND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION in Iraq. I mean, really, WTF! I'm done. I give up. It's a lost cause. My bet is the other 37 percent can't read and didn't respond to the questions. I'm beginning to think that winning the civil war may not have been our best option.
I saw that the other day and had the same reaction. It's amazing. There was a actually a CIA report that came out that said there were no WMD in Iraq, but the Party Propaganda Machine went into action because they KNEW they could convince the idiots otherwise. Republican politicians count on republican voters being easily swayed and basically, ignorant. No wonder they fight against education so hard.
bacon hater

Youngstown, OH

#12995 May 4, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that the other day and had the same reaction. It's amazing. There was a actually a CIA report that came out that said there were no WMD in Iraq, but the Party Propaganda Machine went into action because they KNEW they could convince the idiots otherwise. Republican politicians count on republican voters being easily swayed and basically, ignorant. No wonder they fight against education so hard.
I'm tellin' ya - click the link and download the "new poll." It's a treasure trove of proof of GOP idiocy. For christ's sake 56 percent of republicans still believe Barack was born in another country! But virtually every question shows the deep divide between educated and uneducated psrty populaces.

I get that they know these people won't read further, do research or check facts. As democrats, we are more skeptical and cynical and so it isn't surprising that we get duped a little less. But after they were burned by Bush - I mean not one GOP candidate would be caught dead with the guy during the campaign - you'd think they'd say to themselves, "fool me once....uh ...fool me?.... ummmm....fool me once you're not gonna fool me again."

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12996 May 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tellin' ya - click the link and download the "new poll." It's a treasure trove of proof of GOP idiocy. For christ's sake 56 percent of republicans still believe Barack was born in another country! But virtually every question shows the deep divide between educated and uneducated psrty populaces.
I get that they know these people won't read further, do research or check facts. As democrats, we are more skeptical and cynical and so it isn't surprising that we get duped a little less. But after they were burned by Bush - I mean not one GOP candidate would be caught dead with the guy during the campaign - you'd think they'd say to themselves, "fool me once....uh ...fool me?.... ummmm....fool me once you're not gonna fool me again."
It's amazing that Bush is having a resurgence in terms of popularity. Of course it all coincided with the unveiling of his "li-berry." LOL.

I saw a poll back before the election that said that an amazing number of republicans still believed that Obama was born in a foreign country. That's absolutely amazing. Of course they have people like King Donald Trump telling them that he was, so what more do they need? No proof is necessary as long as King Donald is telling them that Obama was born outside the US. After all, King Donald is rich and these serfs are just lining up to pay his taxes for him.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#12997 May 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
I am rich. You and mcdowell co.shythound need employment? Then ask somebody else bums. LOL

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12998 May 4, 2013
LMFAO!!!

ANOTHER rich West Virginian. I have to wonder why WV is in such poor shape since EVERY REPUBLICAN I've ever run into on Topix from WV is rich.

Jesus, you people truly are a pathetic lot.

You're not rich. You're just another pathetic toady who has been convinced by the rich to pay YOUR taxes so they don't have to.
<quoted text>
I am rich. You and mcdowell co.shythound need employment? Then ask somebody else bums. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cebert jeffrey and jessica 49 min haha 4
ladonna sovine (Sep '15) 8 hr keep your eyes open 3
Upper Heath Creek Problems 14 hr Percy 6
anyone seen little John Fri star 1
News Good habits Fri Summer 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri The monster 4,243
women that treat their men like crap (Nov '13) Sep 20 How about that 4

Hamlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance