Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
George

United States

#31316 Nov 17, 2013
If I pay 10 bucks an hour to make toothbrushes and a guy in Canada pays 10 bucks an hour to make the same toothbrushes, whoever makes the better toothbrush will succeed. That is fair. If I pay 10 an hour and the guy in Mexico pays 1 an hour, obviously he can sell his product incredibly cheaper. That is not fair.
George

United States

#31317 Nov 17, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Bacon boy......If Obama could get his healthcare passed with no republican votes, then why did he not get his economic bills passed with no republican votes? You can not just sit there and say he can do one thing with no republican votes but not another. Obama's priorities are screwed up as we have seen through these 5 years. We are far worse off now then 5 years ago. Keep backing that horse sheeple
WEll the dems were hesitant to do the 51 vote thing because that is not the way it had been done and not the way it should be done. They decided Obamacare was worth going nuke and jamming through with 51 votes. It set a very bad precedent.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#31318 Nov 17, 2013
George.....I agree about the wages. but you go out and make a better product and use the tariff in the right way. That is the American way. We have lost the inginuaty or however you spell it. Plus you do not hand them jobs either.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#31319 Nov 17, 2013
Leighla wrote:
I don't need to study I am smart enough to know his first two years in office he could have passed anything he wanted. You need to look up how many job bills the senate has stalled on since 2010 alone. But I guess facts are not what you are interested in. Just more made up nonsense.
Again, why do the republicans block every economy bill? It's a simple question.

Even if we pretend that Obama didn't need a 60-vote majority, do you think there was enough data on the collapse (which was still occurring) to understand it, devise a solution (for a problem that was still developing), draft legislation and pass it? What would it be called, the "Obama Fixes the Economy With Magic Bill?" It took 8 years for Bush to destroy the economy. You expect Obama to fix it in less than one, with incomplete data on an evolving situation and with no support from any Republican? Wouldn't you expect that fixing a problem like the DESTRUCTION OF THE GREATEST ECONOMY IN THE HISTORY OF MAN might take a little time (economists say double the time it took to destroy - 16 years)? Shouldn't EVERYONE in government be interested in helping? Why do you give the GOP a pass on the economy for 5 years but pretend Obama dropped the ball in 2?

You don't just live on Planet Teabag. You're the spokesperson.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#31320 Nov 17, 2013
George......then the democrats screwed up on the voting and priorities. Neither side cares for the people until election time
George

United States

#31321 Nov 17, 2013
I think 2 fair questions are:

1. Why have Repubs blocked every single jobs bill put forth?

2. Why did Repubs block bills to stop giving tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs?

Republicans will never answer either question, because they cant. There is no reason for them to block those if they truly cared about what is best for America and stopped playing political games at the expense of our own citizens/jobs.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31322 Nov 17, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Bacon boy......If Obama could get his healthcare passed with no republican votes, then why did he not get his economic bills passed with no republican votes? You can not just sit there and say he can do one thing with no republican votes but not another. Obama's priorities are screwed up as we have seen through these 5 years. We are far worse off now then 5 years ago. Keep backing that horse sheeple
They didn't require a 60-vote majority on the ACA.

Unemployment is down, MILLIONS of jobs created, we have an auto industry, a banking industry and a real estate industry. Not only were they in jeaopardy, they had collapsed. The economy isn't just BETTER since Obama's election, it's WAAAY BETTER, and without a single drop of Republican support for anything. That's why you guys hate it so much.

ONE MORE TIME:

HOW CAN YOU BLAME OBAMA FOR A (VASTLY IMPROVED) ECONOMY THAT WAS DESTROYED BY REPUBLICANS?

HOW CAN YOU HOLD OBAMA RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ECONOMY'S SLOW RESURGENCE WHEN THE REASON FOR A LACK OF GOVERNMENT ACTION IS DIRECTLY BECAUSE OF THE GOP?

HOW CAN YOU ALLOW YOUR PARTY TO ANNOUNCE THEY'RE BLOCKING HELP FOR THE ECONOMY AND STILL BITCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY?

This has nothing to do with Obama's actions. I want to know why you give the GOP a pass on their hindrance of the economy. You don;t want us to call you racist, but what in the hell could the reason be for purposefully retarding economic growth when we need it so desperately? You WANT Obama to fail. And it's because he's black. Sorry. Time to call a spade a spade.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#31323 Nov 17, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, why do the republicans block every economy bill? It's a simple question.
Even if we pretend that Obama didn't need a 60-vote majority, do you think there was enough data on the collapse (which was still occurring) to understand it, devise a solution (for a problem that was still developing), draft legislation and pass it? What would it be called, the "Obama Fixes the Economy With Magic Bill?" It took 8 years for Bush to destroy the economy. You expect Obama to fix it in less than one, with incomplete data on an evolving situation and with no support from any Republican? Wouldn't you expect that fixing a problem like the DESTRUCTION OF THE GREATEST ECONOMY IN THE HISTORY OF MAN might take a little time (economists say double the time it took to destroy - 16 years)? Shouldn't EVERYONE in government be interested in helping? Why do you give the GOP a pass on the economy for 5 years but pretend Obama dropped the ball in 2?
You don't just live on Planet Teabag. You're the spokesperson.
I would rather be on planet teabag than never question anything. No one should go along blindly and never question anything.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31324 Nov 17, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>WEll the dems were hesitant to do the 51 vote thing because that is not the way it had been done and not the way it should be done. They decided Obamacare was worth going nuke and jamming through with 51 votes. It set a very bad precedent.
It set a great precedent. There should not be a 60-vote majority in a pool of 100 and it still be called a democracy. Don't like it? Win more seats.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31325 Nov 17, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
George.....I agree about the wages. but you go out and make a better product and use the tariff in the right way. That is the American way. We have lost the inginuaty or however you spell it. Plus you do not hand them jobs either.
You mean TAX THE BEJESUS OUT OF THE RICH (which is who you're taxing when you raise tariffs on imports - poor people don't import much)? I agree, Duh. Let's do it. 50 percent tax on ANY luxury item made in Mexico or China. Let's just say that one party won't go for it, and would easily spend another $24 billion having a hissy over it. Can you guess which one.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31326 Nov 17, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
George......then the democrats screwed up on the voting and priorities. Neither side cares for the people until election time
You think the ACA was written, passed and implemented for FUN? It wasn't. It isn't any fun for anybody right now. But neither was our previous healthcare system. This has a chance though. Even without the GOP. It has a chance of helping the people. That's what it was for.

There are lots of people in government that aren't motivated by money (they have plenty), don't need to campaign and do it strictly to help the citizens of the US. Problem is, they're all on one side.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31327 Nov 17, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather be on planet teabag than never question anything. No one should go along blindly and never question anything.
I think everyone on here questions everything. But why won;t you answer the questions I've posed OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
George

United States

#31328 Nov 17, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It set a great precedent. There should not be a 60-vote majority in a pool of 100 and it still be called a democracy. Don't like it? Win more seats.
You only think it is a good thing because you dont believe the repubs can win the presidency and the senate. If they did and started jamming through stuff on a 1 vote margin you would be in an uproar whether you admit it or not. We are a representative republic democracy. 51 doesnt always win nor should it.
George

United States

#31329 Nov 17, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of people in government that aren't motivated by money (they have plenty), don't need to campaign and do it strictly to help the citizens of the US. Problem is, they're all on one side.
Like who? They are very few and far between.
1 post removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31331 Nov 17, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Like who? They are very few and far between.
You want an example?

Barack Obama.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31332 Nov 17, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>You only think it is a good thing because you dont believe the repubs can win the presidency and the senate. If they did and started jamming through stuff on a 1 vote margin you would be in an uproar whether you admit it or not. We are a representative republic democracy. 51 doesnt always win nor should it.
I agree that the majority should never rule the minority. But in a cut-and-dry 100 man deocratic vote, yes, 51 should win. I know the GOP has zero chance of winning anything besides what they already have (give or take some useless House seats), but I would definitely take my medicine and abide by a 51-vote rule if they did.
George

United States

#31333 Nov 17, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You want an example?
Barack Obama.
He is motivated not by money, but by narcissism.
George

United States

#31334 Nov 17, 2013
Bissau (AFP)- Guinea-Bissau said on Sunday it had dismantled a criminal network trafficking children to Gambia, where they are forced by Islamic schools to beg on the streets.

Police in the southern port of Buba uncovered the smuggling ring when they stopped two trucks carrying 61 children aged as young as four, Maria Inacia Gomes, of the state-run Institute of Mother and Child, told a news conference in Bissau.

"These children were heading for Gambia, where there are Koranic schools all over the place, and they are often sent to beg in the streets," Gomes added.

Three men suspected of trafficking the children were arrested, police said, while several others, including village chiefs and religious leaders, are also thought to be involved in the network.

In Muslim-majority Gambia, where religious leaders have enormous social and political power, children have long been entrusted to teachers known as marabouts who educate them in residential Koranic schools, called daaras.

But research by Human Rights Watch (HRW) has shown that in many daaras, marabouts are using education as a cover to send the children out to beg, inflicting severe physical and psychological abuse on those who fail to meet daily quotas.

The practice was described in a 2010 report by HRW as "akin to slavery".
George

United States

#31335 Nov 17, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You want an example?
Barack Obama.
That is the only one you can name? One narcissist?
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#31336 Nov 17, 2013
What kind of crack are you guys smoking. The majority should always rule the minority when it comes to voting. That is why we have a house and senete and then the president. We have a check and balance system. If one party has all three. then tough crap for the other party. Obama has had that in his first two years and did nothing but push this useless Obamacare through. Now Pelosi has come out but has made reknob remarks and Reid is still hiding the coward. Both sides are filled with idiots. Get rid of them all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 8 hr Weepy 784
News Eunice Mae Campbell 10 hr Starz 1
When Feds gonna take the rest of the drug deale... (Feb '15) Wed OPEN UR EYES 7
new food pantry in hamlin (Jun '13) Wed Randy 29
Olivia McCormick and Dale Lacy (Feb '15) Tue JUSTICE4LIV 14
Tosha Linville Tue haha 4
Christopher Eric Vance Sep 1 bob 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamlin Mortgages