|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
President Barack Obama, sure to fall short of getting explicit U.N. approval for any military strikes against Syrian strongman Bashar Assad’s forces and facing potential divisions inside NATO, has instead been assembling allies and partners in a coalition of the willing that recalls the Iraq War.
And where then-President George W. Bush at least got Congress to authorize him to use force against Saddam Hussein, Obama shows no sign of asking lawmakers to do so, preferring instead to engage in “consultations” with key players.
For a president who defined his 2008 run for the White House with his forceful denunciation of the way Bush led the country into the Iraq war, and then managed the conflict, it’s an unusual turn of events, to say the least.
The liar in chief, the great deceiver is at it again. So much for the Nobel peace prize he won.
We aren't invading and occupying a nation based on lies. We're choosing the most peaceful option - based on factual, documented, recent proof - to end a madman's ability to use WMDs on his own people. I realize dumb tea baggers would kill for the opportunity to pin a military quagmire on Obama since the none of the other bullshit worked - from the birther BS to the bullshit scandals - but he's too smart for that. We'll do three things - DETER him from doing it again, PUNISH him for doing it the first two times and DEGRADE his ability to do it again. He'll have to invade Turkey if he wants to escalate. He's not going to see that as a viable option.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
You invented the most ultimate case of stupidity.
You believe in miracles and ghosts. I believe in logic and science. Which one of us stupid again?
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't invading and occupying a nation based on lies. We're choosing the most peaceful option - based on factual, documented, recent proof - to end a madman's ability to use WMDs on his own people. I realize dumb tea baggers would kill for the opportunity to pin a military quagmire on Obama since the none of the other bullshit worked - from the birther BS to the bullshit scandals - but he's too smart for that. We'll do three things - DETER him from doing it again, PUNISH him for doing it the first two times and DEGRADE his ability to do it again. He'll have to invade Turkey if he wants to escalate. He's not going to see that as a viable option.
You have no idea whether Assad even did it. No one does. Odds are it was the rebels. But you will support anything the mighty liar in chief says or does. Lets waste our money to put terrorists in power. Obama is brilliant.... NOT.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Why doesnt France take care of it, they are ranting about action. Why dont the Arabs countries take care of it, they have plenty of extra money. Oh that is right, France is all talk a no bite, they want us to spend out money and risk our soldiers, as usual. The Arabs arent as stupid as our current leaders, they will sit back let us waste our money. It always has to be us and our money. This isnt our fight and we have nothing to gain by intervening, regardless of what they liar in chief will say to justify his stupidity. He made the stupid red line comment, now because of his enormous ego, he will waste our money on an stupid little war to put terrorists in power. The same terrorists we will be fighting against in a year or so. The same terrorists that will be trying to kill us. As long as these scumbags are fighting each other, they arent bothering us. Leave it alone. Stay the hell out of it!

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Since: Sep 08

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Men invented "God" too. Bunches of them.
To me, the concept of God is a "whole nother thing." People can have a personal belief and that's fine. It's when they all ban together and start this whole "my God is better than your God" bullshit that I draw the line. And that, as far as I am concerned, is the essence of religion.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Sorry Bacon Hater but Arthur is right. Plus I have not heard if congress has approved this yet. Plus NATO has not agreed to it either. You yelled and screamed about Bush and how he lied and did not have the proof. As of now, nobody knows which side used it. So this makes you a hypocrit.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Well Duh wrote:
Sorry Bacon Hater but Arthur is right. Plus I have not heard if congress has approved this yet. Plus NATO has not agreed to it either. You yelled and screamed about Bush and how he lied and did not have the proof. As of now, nobody knows which side used it. So this makes you a hypocrit.
Can you imagine the ranting he would be doing if this was GWB? No proof, no authorization from Congress, 90% of the American people are against it, if Assad falls, terrorists take over(the same terrorist we are fighting elsewhere). But the mighty O can do no wrong to these brainwashed Obama worshipers.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

And conversely, can you imagine the patriotic support the right would be giving if it were GWB doing it? And anyone questioning it would be labeled a traitor. Not only that, but no one would be questioning the power vacuum left when Assad was removed from power just like the right never questioned it when Hussein was removed from power.

This is Exactly what I predicted a few days ago. If Obama had done nothing, he would be a coward. If he does something, the right will still have a fit.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine the ranting he would be doing if this was GWB? No proof, no authorization from Congress, 90% of the American people are against it, if Assad falls, terrorists take over(the same terrorist we are fighting elsewhere). But the mighty O can do no wrong to these brainwashed Obama worshipers.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Arthur.....It has been that way throughout this topic. They blame and critsize Bush. Which I do not blame anyone for that. Bush was not a good president. But Obama has done alot of the same and worse. So let us just say Obama gets approval and we go in and help. Then we find out the rebels used the weapons on themselves to gain our support. Do we get to call Obama a war crimminal?
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Sundog.......I already stated Obama is in a no win situation. But he drew the red line. Now the reports are not if we are but when we are. I have already stated that we should not. It is no secret that I do not like Obama. But I would think a little bit more of him, if he did not do this.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

No you wouldn't. You would be talking about how weak he was. You're not fooling anyone.

Look, I am totally against any strikes against Syria because I don't give a rat's ass about Syria. They could gas the whole gawd damned country and I wouldn't bat an eye. I am 100% against the strike.

But the irony of this whole thing has no escaped my attention. The same people who always beat the drums are beating them this time too:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...

Guaranteed that if he does nothing, the propaganda arm of the republican party (Fox News) will be ranting and raving about how weak Obama is.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/19/sean-han...
Well Duh wrote:
Sundog.......I already stated Obama is in a no win situation. But he drew the red line. Now the reports are not if we are but when we are. I have already stated that we should not. It is no secret that I do not like Obama. But I would think a little bit more of him, if he did not do this.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Sundog512 wrote:
No you wouldn't. You would be talking about how weak he was. You're not fooling anyone.
Look, I am totally against any strikes against Syria because I don't give a rat's ass about Syria. They could gas the whole gawd damned country and I wouldn't bat an eye. I am 100% against the strike.
But the irony of this whole thing has no escaped my attention. The same people who always beat the drums are beating them this time too:
Guaranteed that if he does nothing, the propaganda arm of the republican party (Fox News) will be ranting and raving about how weak Obama is.
<quoted text>
I dont doubt you are correct. But the thing is we both know the right will be ranting either way, and regardless the president shouldnt start a war just to pacify the right wing war mongers. Obama will show strength, leadership, and a respect for the wishes of the American people who are strongly against this by staying out of it. I will gladly give Obama do credit for doing the right thing and staying out.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

This is a good example why I would still choose Obama over McCain or Romney. WIth a repu in the big house we would already have invaded on the false pretense Assad used chemical weapons, when I think we all know it was a ploy by the rebels to draw us in.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Sundog.....There is plenty to complain about Obama. But I have already stated that I do not think this is a wise move. So I would not critisize him for not doing it. No matter what happens both sides will try and spin this.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>I dont doubt you are correct. But the thing is we both know the right will be ranting either way, and regardless the president shouldnt start a war just to pacify the right wing war mongers. Obama will show strength, leadership, and a respect for the wishes of the American people who are strongly against this by staying out of it. I will gladly give Obama do credit for doing the right thing and staying out.
The last thing I want to see is for us to get involved in another skirmish in the mid east. I truly don't care what happens there. But I don't really care to hear right wing criticism because the right are beating the war drums just like they always do. If there's one thing I don't like about Obama it's that he always seems to want to appease the right as if that is somehow going to make them like him. That's never going to happen no matter what he does so as far as I am concerned, he should just do what's right--which is stay the hell out of there. We can't fix what's wrong over there an if their actions are not aimed directly at us, it's not our problem.
Weird Harold

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Obama wants to appease the right? Is it possible that you could be any more stupid? What an ignorant moron! This dip shyt in the White House is as divisive as any president we have ever had, Bush included.
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
The last thing I want to see is for us to get involved in another skirmish in the mid east. I truly don't care what happens there. But I don't really care to hear right wing criticism because the right are beating the war drums just like they always do. If there's one thing I don't like about Obama it's that he always seems to want to appease the right as if that is somehow going to make them like him. That's never going to happen no matter what he does so as far as I am concerned, he should just do what's right--which is stay the hell out of there. We can't fix what's wrong over there an if their actions are not aimed directly at us, it's not our problem.
I agree with everything you just said.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

So who wins in this Syria conflict? The rebels get help and possibly get controll. The rest of the Arabs get to rise the price of gas, so they make billions. And the US spends billions and we lose lives.
1 post removed
Arthur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

One thing is likely, if we attack Syria they will launch everything they have, including chemical weapons, scuds at Israel and Turkey, and God only knows what else. Could be the beginning of WW3. Does Obama have the backbone to ignore the war mongers? Probably not. So much for hope and change. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>No you wouldn't. You would be talking about how weak he was. You're not fooling anyone.

I think if he does strike, that he should wipe out the entire bunch, both sides. I am so sick and tired of all this war bullshit. We need to get the hell out of the Middle East and let that bunch of rock pounders kill each off. The sooner the better for me. We should help both sides kill each other off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hamlin Discussions

Search the Hamlin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who know Kasy Porter and what kind person is she 2 hr Ratsazz 7
huddle house (Jan '14) 5 hr HH employee 39
What do you think about Brittany Egnor?? (Aug '13) 13 hr tomuchinfo 53
D j sexton 15 hr Fred 1
Melissa and Debbie Woodall (Jan '13) Sun bitch 52
Civil suit filed in logging case Sun funny bone 8
larry dotson Jul 22 esf 1
•••
•••