school bond election
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Handouts

West Hamlin, WV

#21 Nov 10, 2013
Nearly 75% of the students are on free or reduced lunch in LC. If this doesn't pass their lives will go from bad to worse. The state will not give Lincoln Co anymore handouts. I'm sick of being known as the handout County. I got the honor of listening to 2 pillheads buying monster energy drinks with a food stamp card talking about how they weren't voting for the levy. They seemed about as informed as many of you. My grandmother is a retired cook and depends on these funds and insurance to make it. I know cooks, janitors, bus drivers, teachers and CHILDREN aren't important to some of you, but they are to me! Before you decide to ruin peoples lives, especially our children, get the facts.
The Chicago Way

Chicago, IL

#22 Nov 10, 2013
TAX PAYER wrote:
If land owners taxes are going to increase 40 to 50 percent and that money will be going to the school funds, then I don't think we need this levy.
Landowner taxes are going to raise about 80 percent. Present assessed at 51 percent of real value must go to 90 percent of real value.
pete

Logan, WV

#23 Nov 11, 2013
You are right- Chicago. Kanawha defeated their special levy 3 to 1 Saturday and they will survive.
kyle

Harrisonburg, VA

#24 Nov 12, 2013
Our children already experience a lack of most of the things you say they won't get if the levy doesn't pass.
concerned

West Hamlin, WV

#25 Nov 13, 2013
this levy is doomed,thanks to our corrupt politicians that has been taking advantage of the citicens of Lincoln county for many of years,as we all know!!!! get the money from these corrupt individuals,which I,am sure they all can afford!!!the good people of the county are sick and tired of the corruption!!!!!!!!!!
Lincoln

United States

#26 Nov 13, 2013
if the levy fails, the overall county levy rate will decrease. If the levy passes the overall county levy rate will stay the same. Valuations are going up... do the math.
1 post removed
tax levy bond

Staunton, VA

#28 Nov 14, 2013
Wayne co is up next and we will vote the levy down
1 post removed
The Chicago Way

Dallas, TX

#30 Nov 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
if the levy fails, the overall county levy rate will decrease. If the levy passes the overall county levy rate will stay the same. Valuations are going up... do the math.
With the increase in valuations the taxes accrued by this levy will be in excess of one and one half times the amount they sought to begin with. About 5 million annually rather than 3.5 million specified on the ballot.
dane

Logan, WV

#31 Nov 14, 2013
Is the passage rate 60% or a simple majority.
The Way it is

Austin, TX

#32 Nov 14, 2013
dane wrote:
Is the passage rate 60% or a simple majority.
It is a school issue, therefore a simple majority.
yeah well

Hamlin, WV

#33 Nov 15, 2013
Everyone is saying Harts will vote the levy down. It is up o GV, Hamlin, and Duval to get out and support this levy which does not raise Taxes. Take care of our own children and let Harts be mad because they and the rest of Lincoln County voted down the two schools. We let that get away. Stand up for what you want for your children and let Harts vote however they want. They do have a large voting block but the rest of Lincoln County can make a difference or you can sit home on election day and let Harts dictate what happens to our children. Come out and vote yes for the Levy.
truth

Chesapeake, OH

#34 Nov 15, 2013
yeah well wrote:
Fail the levy and the state will have to take back over. You will have to pay for your children`s supplies and some books which cost $50.00-$150.00 dollars each for every child that you have. All employees will lose salary along with Dental and optical insurance. Coaches salaries are paid out of this levy and money to take kids to extra events will be eliminated. This is definitely a big loss for our kids and the education system of Lincoln County. The high school could lose as many as 15 teachers and two assistant principals while middle and elementary could also lose assistant principals. Your Taxes WILL NOT be raised for voting yes on this Levy. Support your children rather than expecting everyone else to provide the money for them. Thank you and for my family we will vote yes.
Do what! If state takes over they have to supply everything like they did few years ago! Best thing is for state to take over and do away with the football
The Way it is

Austin, TX

#35 Nov 15, 2013
yeah well wrote:
Everyone is saying Harts will vote the levy down. It is up o GV, Hamlin, and Duval to get out and support this levy which does not raise Taxes. Take care of our own children and let Harts be mad because they and the rest of Lincoln County voted down the two schools. We let that get away. Stand up for what you want for your children and let Harts vote however they want. They do have a large voting block but the rest of Lincoln County can make a difference or you can sit home on election day and let Harts dictate what happens to our children. Come out and vote yes for the Levy.
This levy is a bait and switch by the School Board.

The annual taxed amount is 3.5 million based on the old assessment. The actual amount will be at least 50 to 60 percent more based on the new assessment. The school board has an option but not an obligation to reduce the tax rate to make it yield only the 3.5 million. They won't take that option but these turkeys will be up for reelection prior to the time this levy kicks in and you can bet making the actual tax conform to the 3.5 annually will be an issue.

The best thing that can happen is the levy is voted down and cooler heads will listen and be honest with taxpayers to generate a new levy that has integrity and accurately without a bait and switch approach. This levy is the equivalent of "if you like your policy, you can keep your policy". Simply rhetoric without a grain of truth.
truth

Chesapeake, OH

#36 Nov 15, 2013
yeah well wrote:
Everyone is saying Harts will vote the levy down. It is up o GV, Hamlin, and Duval to get out and support this levy which does not raise Taxes. Take care of our own children and let Harts be mad because they and the rest of Lincoln County voted down the two schools. We let that get away. Stand up for what you want for your children and let Harts vote however they want. They do have a large voting block but the rest of Lincoln County can make a difference or you can sit home on election day and let Harts dictate what happens to our children. Come out and vote yes for the Levy.
SMH you are crazy. It's not gonna pass!
Truth

United States

#37 Nov 16, 2013
Handouts wrote:
Nearly 75% of the students are on free or reduced lunch in LC. If this doesn't pass their lives will go from bad to worse. The state will not give Lincoln Co anymore handouts. I'm sick of being known as the handout County. I got the honor of listening to 2 pillheads buying monster energy drinks with a food stamp card talking about how they weren't voting for the levy. They seemed about as informed as many of you. My grandmother is a retired cook and depends on these funds and insurance to make it. I know cooks, janitors, bus drivers, teachers and CHILDREN aren't important to some of you, but they are to me! Before you decide to ruin peoples lives, especially our children, get the facts.
All kids in Lincoln County get free breakfast and lunch.. The county like a lot of other counts qualified for a program to allow all kids to eat free, they have had this program for 3 years now.. I understand what you are saying though.. This levy needs to pass
Teacher

Hurricane, WV

#38 Nov 16, 2013
I am a LC teacher. Elementary. I use this money to educate YOUR children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins, neighbors, etc. I buy crayons, good pencils, constructions paper, printer ink for newsletters and pics of those kids. I buy reading materials for the children who aren't on level. I buy math manipulatives and smart board games. This money really does help the children. Please vote yes. Even if you are sending your child to Chapmanville, your neighbor's children go to LC. Please vote yes. Textbooks are not a required suppy of the school system. Parents can be forced to buy them. If they don't, their child doesn't get the necessary instruction and it might even be considered neglect if you don't purchase them.
Rambo

Pine River, WI

#39 Nov 28, 2013
When one high school was built for the entire county the ones in charge knew that the Harts students would never be attending this school. Its almost like they hate the Harts students or like they had a vendetta against them. This is how I truly feel about this situation. Now the Harts students attend Chapmanville where a lot of them are actually treated second class. I have witnessed this firsthand. I have talked to many of them and they have told me stories about how they have been treated by some of the coaches and teachers at CHRS. While attending a closer school may be easier for a lot of the Harts they would most likely be better off attending a school that cared about them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
piece of white trash (Aug '11) 1 hr wow 23
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 16 hr The real_trainstop 4,316
Hamlin Save A Lot 18 hr Mules 10
Jeremy vaughn park guy 21 hr She should know 2
Teresa and Hoodie Adkins Thu paul 7
Upper Heath Creek Problems Wed daddy 7
It's not Dec 11 usuck 3

Hamlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamlin Mortgages