Scam Jam to help community avoid fraud

Scam Jam to help community avoid fraud

There are 2 comments on the Richmond County Daily Journal story from May 9, 2013, titled Scam Jam to help community avoid fraud. In it, Richmond County Daily Journal reports that:

The Lumber River Council of Governments is teaming up with AARP and the Richmond County Aging Services to inform the community of ways to stay safe from scammers at Scam Jam on May 21 at Richmond Community College's Cole Auditorium in Hamlet from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. You'll learn how to avoid scams when you hear presentations by AARP, the Attorney ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond County Daily Journal.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 May 10, 2013
I wonder if they covered the 'supplemental' Medicare insurance scam AARP runs.

Since: Nov 13

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2013
It's actually a pity why people would take advantage of other people by scamming their insurance especially when the latter is in dire need of long term care. On an article I read on just last night, scammers will continue to do this as long as there are people (Read: buyers) willing enough to trust unlicensed agents without having them double-checked. This ought to stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hardwick Vision Center Aug '15 Chris 1
News Move is on to legalize sweepstakes in NC (Apr '13) Jul '15 Jordan 7
man arrested Jun '15 rroberta46 1
News 'A mandate for coming back' Jun '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News McCrory to veto gay marriage objection bill May '15 Imprtnrd 7
News NAACP plans Mother of the Year banquet Friday May '15 Lisa 5
News Locals celebrate Chinese New Year (Feb '15) Feb '15 So real asian 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamlet Mortgages