.::Richmond County Daily Journal::

Dec 27, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Richmond County Daily Journal

The Anson Record has reported that a Wadesboro physician with offices in Rockingham, Monroe, Wadesboro and Polkton has been indicted on federal charges of illegally distributing a weight-loss drug. via Richmond County Daily Journal

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of174
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
need answers

Belhaven, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

what happens to people who invested money into program and didn't know that physician was illegal. Physicians still owe patients their money. What do the customers do?
Vye

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

I would like to know the same thing because I was a client at one of the sites who trusted this place to be legit.
rockingham nc

Bessemer City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

I had just paid for two months in advance, one week before the clinc closed. I would like to get my money back for those two months. Have any suggestions how I go about doing this? I would also like to know about the personal information I had given to them, what will happen to it? My medication looked alittle different than the bottle that was shown on Channel 14 news, should I take this to my regular doctor to see exactly what this medication is, although I had lost 19 lbs? Please respond! I am sure there will be more people coming forward with more questions in the future.
rockingham nc

Bessemer City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

I would like to know the answers to these quetions too, also, exactly what were in the shots we were getting weekly? The girls in the office here in Rockingham, said they were B12 shots also with something added. The combnination of the shots and pills were working for me, but maybe not for everyone. Is there somewhere else to get this type of diet pills and shots close by that isn't so expensive? I am looking forward to someone answering these questions for me and for all the people that were decieved by the people we trusted. The only time I really thought anything was supcious was the last time I went, one of the girls offered to let me take home the shots and give them to myself. I told her that I didn't know how to do that, so she then gave me a months supply of pills and said I could still come by the office for them to give me my shots weekly.Next thing I knew, the office was closed. Plese help with these questions and comments!!
Confused in SC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

I would like to know also what happens to all of our personal information. I paid for DEC. and only got one shot. It was so weird, I went one week and got my shot in Rockingham and the lady told me I could take it home b/c I had recently taken them home. I told her I would come before I went out of town. I went on a Thursday around 2 and it was weird that they were closed. The next day something told me to get on the net and that it where I found out about the shut down. I tell you I don't know what was in the shot/pills, but I did lose 27lbs. If anyone finds someplace else to go, please let us know.

Since: Nov 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

do you remember what the pill had on them? was it a 159 blue speckled/white background? this may seem like an odd question but after you got the shot did you have to "pee" (excuse me) alot? I am asking for a reason. thanx- tell me what you can any and all of you so I might be able to track it down.
rockingham nc

Bessemer City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

My pills were white with blue speckled spots. I did not have the urgency to have to pee alot after the shots. All the articles I have read on the net, or seen on the news, have said basiclly the same thing. I was hoping to find out more info. about the clinics or what we the people could do in order to get a refund on what we already paid in advance. Hope my info helped you.
Confused in SC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

My pills also were white w/ blue spots. I too did not have the urgency to go to the bathroom. I keep checking to see if there is any new information.
confused

Kalispell, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Confused in SC wrote:
My pills also were white w/ blue spots. I too did not have the urgency to go to the bathroom. I keep checking to see if there is any new information.
What do you think Ditty !
sounds like phentermine to me
a prescription diet pill the shot was most likely a b12 combo- hard to tell on that
SCarolina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

confused wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think Ditty !
sounds like phentermine to me
a prescription diet pill the shot was most likely a b12 combo- hard to tell on that
They said a B12 shot. Have you taken these things before.
bungholeo

Port Orchard, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

i got to pee brb
rockingham nc

Bessemer City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

I HAVE COME ACROSS A PLACE IN ABEERDEEN NC, FAYETVILLE NC THAT SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE THE PLACE DOCTORS WEIGHT LOSS CENTER, YOU WERE GOING TO, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY GIVE YOU A VITAMIN ALONG WITH THE PRESCRIPTION. THE FIRST VISIT IS ALITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE THOUGH, AFTER THAT, COST ABOUT THE SAME AS DOCS CHOICE WEIGHT LOSS. CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE IF INTERESTED.....www.youwillgetr esults.com IT IS CALLED "MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS CENTER" LET ME KNOW IF YOU DECIDE TO GO AND HOW IT WORKS. I AM STILL THINKING ON IT.
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

yes there are other places,, doctor's there is one in concord and huntersville. the shots are
b-12 and hcg.. you can buy both on interet at different sites (alot cheaper toooo). you would have to give yourself the shots. I got mine from my doctors office before going to this plase and was doing wonderful just thought that this was closer to home so i tried it and loved it...

“NOT WORTHY TO LICK FOPs TOES”

Since: Jan 08

INTELLECTUALLY DOOMED TOWN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2008

Friend of Phen,

Please stay in one forum long enough for me to lick your toes in atonement. I am a total wretch and if you do not accept my apology, I may have to meander to the clock tower.

O
ditty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2008

Hey tar heels, ever thought about ordering from doc. B? you don't get a shot but you get the other legit
sadinnc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

All good things must come to the end they say, and all rings true! It was great while it lasted. I am sad about the outcome of the Doctor's Weight Loss Center. It WAS WORKING FOR ME!!!!! I miss those magic shots "B-12/HCG". I dropped 20 pounds in two months. I don't even care about the pills, I never took those correctly anyway. I know that portion control and the lovely soup for lunch helped also, but without those shots, I can tell a BIG difference. Does anyone know where we can get them now (legal)?
ditty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

What does the HCG mean?
ditty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

The reason I am asking is a regular B-12 shot should not be a problem to get but if there is more to it than that, I don't know. Have you googled it to see what the legal part is? I know that you can order shots that will disolve the fat online you should be able to order that too. Let me know about the HCG. Seems like I was suppose to ask about that, need to look at my ohter posts. I have been out of commission on Topix for a while. First or third time I have been on in a coon's age.
sadinnc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

ditty wrote:
What does the HCG mean?
I'm not sure the correct medical term, but I was told it is the same hormone that is produced by pregnant women. I was told that if you aren't pregnant, the hormone breaks down the fat cells and causes a person to loose "inches". When I first began the program, I only took one shot a week, then after about three weeks I wasn't loosing anything, so they increased the shots to twice a week and that is when the inches and pounds started to come off rapidly. I have tried practically EVERYTHING over the counter, and nothing has EVER worked except this program, and now it is obsolete (FROWN)!!!!!!

Since: Nov 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

I will ask around to some of my medical friends and see what is the deal with it. It must be a major let down for all of you to have this happen. Has anyone heard or seen any of the people that work for the doctor or the doc himself? Did you google it? Keep the faith and maybe someone can come with soemthing,ok? good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of174
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hamlet Discussions

Search the Hamlet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr Red Square 49,338
Criminal Charges Feb '14 That keener guy 2
Scam Jam to help community avoid fraud (May '13) Nov '13 castoriehandley93 2
Hamlet council offers manager raise, contract (Oct '13) Oct '13 Hamlet Citizen 1
Joey Keith Stubbs (Jul '11) Aug '13 found or not 2
Man_shot_in_Hamlet0_1361237887.jpg (Feb '13) Feb '13 Boosie 1
Richmond County Sheriff's Office - arrests for ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Susan Sharpe 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hamlet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hamlet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance