Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Rock

Greenville, SC

#50827 Apr 12, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul is a racist nut. Yes, a racist. He put out a racist newsletter. He approved the racist articles in it. Not only that, his brand of phony Libertarianism extends only to WHITE MEN. A TRUE Libertarian also believes in smaller government & freedom for WOMEN to decide what is best for their lives. Ron Paul, the faker, didn't believe that. He was ANTI-choice because his special brand of fake Libertarianism didn't extend to women.
Ron Paul rode in on the bandwagon of despondent Republicans' late found realization that they had been duped, ONCE AGAIN, by the Republican party, via George W(armonger) Bush.
That's the only reason Ron Paul was popular. Everything else he said were the rantings of lunatic.
Yes, yes, yes... Hates all minorities and specially women... Your inner hamster is spinning its wheels so hard, I can smell the damn smoke up here. So predictable in your response child.
Rock

Greenville, SC

#50828 Apr 12, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
They were too hardheaded to realize all the trouble that would
result when they seceded from the Union. The South did take
it on the chin, but it was hardly destroyed. The only thing I
celebrate is the destruction of slavery.
What was the era of Reconstruction for then? Sure wasn't Yankees sending down recipes for damn fruit cakes and chowder... You do realize that other countries did away with slavery without a damn civil war, right?
Rock

Greenville, SC

#50829 Apr 12, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more than 1/4 Creek Indian... Yes the Indians owned Slaves, other Tribes, Black Slaves and White Slaves.
The Romans probably owned a few million Slaves, and the Romans were in turn enslaved by invaders.
I doubt if there are Any People on earth who can claim their ancestors were Never slaves.
The Vikings were Slave owners and frequently enslaved themselves, as were the Egyptians, etc all across the globe
I'm still damned pissed at the Norman invasion of England in 1066... Where are my reparations?
TSF

Angier, NC

#50830 Apr 12, 2014
Yes. Sanity is slowly being restored. Borrowing money in my name from China so that corporations and the rich can avoid taxes has never made sense to me. It makes perfect sense to the rich . When I , as an individual , have to pay more in income taxes that the total taxes of 26 corporations with a gross income in excess of $1.5 trillion dollars, it seems clear that there is gross inequity. Not only did those 26 corporations pay zero income tax, they got earned income tax credit refunds.
The SOB s are sucking so much money out of the treasury that there are not enough of us working and paying taxes to pay for it, so they borrow more.
Do not be fooled by the bragging about deficit reduction. The debt continues to accumulate AND GROW.. Only when we have a budget surplus can we start reducing the debt principal and its crippling interest. payments. We just can no longer afford welfare--- to the rich or the poor. Cut of the most expensive leaches first--- the rich.
Waco 1909 wrote:
TSF, looks like the deficit is going down, as the rich and corporations begin paying higher taxes.Do you have a comment?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50831 Apr 12, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Explain 40% percent of births today are to unwed mothers. Why is that?
Because they don't have husbands.
TSF

Angier, NC

#50832 Apr 12, 2014
For every unwed mother, there is an unwed father. Many of those unwed mothers and fathers are republikans. Lack of birth control availability and lack of sex education are contributing factors.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Explain 40% percent of births today are to unwed mothers. Why is that?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50833 Apr 12, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> I'm still damned pissed at the Norman invasion of England in 1066... Where are my reparations?
The statute of limitations has passed, I'm pretty sure.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50834 Apr 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
For every unwed mother, there is an unwed father. Many of those unwed mothers and fathers are republikans. Lack of birth control availability and lack of sex education are contributing factors.
<quoted text>
And contrary to some people's belief, Republicans do have abortions.
TSF

Angier, NC

#50835 Apr 12, 2014
The red ink WILL NOT decrease this year. The red ink is getting redder each day as we borrow more money to give tax breaks to the rich and to corporations. Only when we move into budget surplus and start paying down the debt principal will our finances begin to improve. In 2013 we have paid $415,688,781,248.40 in interest only payments on the debt. This year so far, we have paid $194,116,246,288.73 in interest only payments on the debt. We are borrowing more money to make the interest only payments and to fund overspending by CONGRESS, so that the certain corporations and the rich can have more tax breaks.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>You know HOW that deficit is decreasing? You think it's to Obama's credit? "The economy may be plodding along. But business is booming for Uncle Sam.
The Treasury Department said on Thursday that the federal budget deficit for the first half of the 2014 fiscal year totaled $413 billion, down $187 billion from where it stood at this point last year, as tax revenue surged and spending sank.
In March, the Treasury collected $216 billion in taxes, up 16 percent from a year ago, helping reduce the deficit for the month to $37 billion, from $107 billion last year. Spending also sank by 14 percent, or $40 billion.
The budget gap last month was the smallest deficit recorded for the month of March since 2000, when economic growth was running at a much faster pace than it is today.
The red ink had been expected to ease this year. But Thursday’s announcement underscored just how quickly tax receipts have been increasing as economic growth speeds up and the stock market surges.
While some of the increase was a result of tax increases that took effect at the beginning of 2013, budget experts said it also reflected who was benefiting the most in the current recovery.
“It’s higher-income people and it is mainly from the stock market; it’s not mainly wages,” said Alice M. Rivlin, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and director of the Office of Management and Budget in the Clinton administration.“The economy is doing a little better, but not a lot better, while the stock market has been a remarkable phenomenon. Higher capital gains taxes feed in pretty quickly.”
Receipts from other sources also rose smartly. Corporate tax collections jumped by $17 billion in the first half of the fiscal year, to $117.5 billion, and Social Security receipts also surged." How many times have I seen you rail on "the rich" and "their tax breaks"? Seems your "rich" seem to be paying your deficit down for you. Be nice and say thank you.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50836 Apr 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't do much sex educating back when I was younger.I still knew that if I put the thing in a girl,I could maybe count on paying child support for eighteen years.Hey, I'm all for contraception in an overcrowded world.......are you?
Rock

Greenville, SC

#50837 Apr 12, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so funny! We will look back in shame & horror? Really? If these fetuses had been born your PARTY,i.e., the REPUBLICAN PARTY, would have just starved them to death if they had their way. That's what they are doing now....cutting food stamps to families with children.
Damage to our country? What damage? The damage done is by too many human beings, not by too few.
Democratic policies REDUCE the number of abortions. Denying women birth control, access to health care, not educating kids when they are young, ALL REPUBLICAN POLICIES, are what increases the number of abortions in this country.
It's so damn simple to say "practice self control", but people never have & they never will. It's illogical to believe that is any answer.
Don't you ever sit down and fucking reflect on what you're actually saying, or are you just reading off of some damn pro choice script? No one is starving in this country child. We have good people who give of their own to make sure this doesn't happen... We have a generous govt that helps those in need too. Your other error is believing that all 55 million of those babies would grow up and just be a drain on our people... They would grow up, get jobs , raise families, start businesses and contribute just as you and I already do. Stop your binary thinking for one damn second and look at the big picture. In the end, when this life ends, God's prospective will be the only one's that matters.,." What you did to least of these, you did to me... Whoever causes these little ones to stumble... Millstone around the neck, ect ..." That's the shame and horror we'll look back on child...
Rock

Greenville, SC

#50838 Apr 12, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Exacty right.They always try to justify the real problem with slavery that was in the south. Hundrens of thousands of slaves in the south compared to the few in the north.
We've been over this State... Stop arguing points that you already know to be absolutely incorrect.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50839 Apr 12, 2014
TSF wrote:
The red ink WILL NOT decrease this year. The red ink is getting redder each day as we borrow more money to give tax breaks to the rich and to corporations. Only when we move into budget surplus and start paying down the debt principal will our finances begin to improve. In 2013 we have paid $415,688,781,248.40 in interest only payments on the debt. This year so far, we have paid $194,116,246,288.73 in interest only payments on the debt. We are borrowing more money to make the interest only payments and to fund overspending by CONGRESS, so that the certain corporations and the rich can have more tax breaks.
<quoted text>
It was proposed when the country was first founded that only land owners be allowed to vote.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50840 Apr 12, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> We've been over this State... Stop arguing points that you already know to be absolutely incorrect.
Tell me about the part that is incorrect? Rather than a general statement, be specific about what I have said that is incorrect. Then maybe we can engage is a somewhat intelligent debate. Are you game?
Jim

Greenville, SC

#50841 Apr 12, 2014
Yep
Ben

Greer, SC

#50842 Apr 12, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they don't have husbands.
Good, now that's established, how are all these unwed, husband less, mothers FEEDING those babies. You know where I'm going with this?
Ben

Greer, SC

#50843 Apr 12, 2014
" Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so funny! We will look back in shame & horror? Really? If these fetuses had been born your PARTY,i.e., the REPUBLICAN PARTY, would have just starved them to death if they had their way. That's what they are doing now....cutting food stamps to families with children.
Damage to our country? What damage? The damage done is by too many human beings, not by too few.
Democratic policies REDUCE the number of abortions. Denying women birth control, access to health care, not educating kids when they are young, ALL REPUBLICAN POLICIES, are what increases the number of abortions in this country.
It's so damn simple to say "practice self control", but people never have & they never will. It's illogical to believe that is any answer." Two fifths of all single mothers receive Food Stamps. Among children with single mothers, 41% get food stamps and 59% don’t.14

Although two fifths of all single mothers are poor, only one tenth of all single mothers receive TANF. Though a small percentage, they represent more than 90% of all TANF families.

Even for those who did receive assistance, the amount was far less than the minimum they’d need to to stave off hardship – like hunger, homelessness, and utility cut-offs.

TANF benefit levels for a family of three, as of 2010, were less than 30% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) in all but eight states — and above 50% in none " "About 4 out 10 children were born to unwed mothers. Nearly two-thirds are born to mothers under the age of 30.1

Of all single-parent families in the U.S., single mothers make up the majority.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau,2

Out of 12.2 million single parent families in 2012, more than 80% were headed by single mothers.

Today, 1 in 3 children – a total of 15 million – are being raised without a father.3 Of that group, nearly half live below the poverty line.

Around 45% of single mothers have never married, around 55% are either divorced, separated or widowed.4 Half have one child, 30% have two.

About two thirds are White, one third Black, one quarter Hispanic. One quarter have a college degree, one sixth have not completed high school. " The rich need to close those tax loop holes right? Then the equality will kick in and you too, can feed those "starving babies".
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50844 Apr 12, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Good, now that's established, how are all these unwed, husband less, mothers FEEDING those babies. You know where I'm going with this?
I have no clue. I don't know them all.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50845 Apr 12, 2014
I would imagine that the fathers pay child support, but we all know that some don't.Who can change that?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50846 Apr 12, 2014
Ben, What does Pro Life mean to you? If there is no abortion allowed, does society have a responsibility to feed and nourish those children who are born to irresponsible parents? Would you support raising taxes to make sure that the needs of those born in poverty would be taken care of?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crime Aug 15 so whats up? 1
Teresa (Aug '10) May '16 Dr Gerald Demal 3
News McCrory to veto gay marriage objection bill (May '15) Mar '16 John M Brown 8
Who Is that Barbie chick from Rockingham? Mar '16 Tiffany 2
News Painter Hannah Cole Buiea s exhibit opens at Ar... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
News NAACP plans Mother of the Year banquet Friday (May '15) May '15 Lisa 5
News Psychiatrist agrees to suspension for dating ex... (Oct '14) Oct '14 dolhouse 4

Hamlet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamlet Mortgages