Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul is a racist nut. Yes, a racist. He put out a racist newsletter. He approved the racist articles in it. Not only that, his brand of phony Libertarianism extends only to WHITE MEN. A TRUE Libertarian also believes in smaller government & freedom for WOMEN to decide what is best for their lives. Ron Paul, the faker, didn't believe that. He was ANTI-choice because his special brand of fake Libertarianism didn't extend to women.
Ron Paul rode in on the bandwagon of despondent Republicans' late found realization that they had been duped, ONCE AGAIN, by the Republican party, via George W(armonger) Bush.
That's the only reason Ron Paul was popular. Everything else he said were the rantings of lunatic.
Didn't Hillary vote for the invasion of Iraq?'ol warmonger Clinton.....I think America was still in shock about 911......
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

The deficit is decreasing from where it was a few months ago. That is a good thin.
Waco 1909 wrote:
The hated Fox News said the deficit was decreasing.That's what I'm referring to, anyway.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

KNEW a girl.name of Diane...... she was my girlfriend at one time...she killed herself in 1982.....went behind her apartment on Lazy Hollow.....there was a paved bayou there, the kind they have for flood control....and shot herself....we'd been broken up for a year by then....she'd told me, when we got to know each other better.....a few weeks after we began dating...that she'd had five abortions.....five....I wondered about that.....
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

TSF wrote:
The deficit is decreasing from where it was a few months ago. That is a good thin.
<quoted text>
I take good news when I can get it......Credit where credit is due....
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Like the woman said.....I'm in my fifties.....I get up early to get the store set up.....so I'm crashing....the older you get, the more you sleep....that way, if you're lucky....you die while you're asleep.....won't even know you're gone...........;).......dad died at 47.....while he slept......I always do the.....'s when I'm tired..
Red Square

Mills River, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I think Patriot feels pretty strongly about the Civil War.
Feels is the most important word in that sentence.
Red Square

Mills River, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Yep. And 600,000 soldiers died... The South was destroyed and you celebrate like the Yankee you are...
They were too hardheaded to realize all the trouble that would
result when they seceded from the Union. The South did take
it on the chin, but it was hardly destroyed. The only thing I
celebrate is the destruction of slavery.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so funny! We will look back in shame & horror? Really? If these fetuses had been born your PARTY,i.e., the REPUBLICAN PARTY, would have just starved them to death if they had their way. That's what they are doing now....cutting food stamps to families with children.
Damage to our country? What damage? The damage done is by too many human beings, not by too few.
Democratic policies REDUCE the number of abortions. Denying women birth control, access to health care, not educating kids when they are young, ALL REPUBLICAN POLICIES, are what increases the number of abortions in this country.
It's so damn simple to say "practice self control", but people never have & they never will. It's illogical to believe that is any answer.
Right on, lady. The spoken truth.
Red Square

Mills River, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Do You Honestly think I would lift a finger to stop the Federal Government from taking away the Koch Brothers' Illegal Aliens ???
Do you Honestly think Anyone Could Force me to take up arms against the USA and Fight For the Koch Brothers???
They could not Force the hundreds of thousands of Confederates to fight for the right of Rich Folks to own slaves, when 97% of Confederate Soldiers Were Highly Opposed to Slavery in the first place.
Only 3% of the Southerners Owned Slaves
Brave men Only Fight for Causes they Personally Believe In..........
The Society Elite Plantation Owners looked down their snooty nose at My Great Grandfather who owned a section of land (160 Acres) that he inherited from his Father. He Knew that they did not look at him as an equal....
Even the Slaves of the Rich Plantation looked down their noses at my "Po White Trash" Dirt Farmer whose family had to work in the fields like Black Field Hand Slaves.
He was not allowed to vent his anger on them because they were "Private Property" and he would have had to pay damages...The same thing was true allover the South...
The Black Slaves had the "Honor" of being owned by rich high society folks...
His son would Not have been allowed to see, let alone Marry one of the Rich Plantation Owner's daughters....
He was an extremely Hard-Working man who came home from the war, farmed, and Logged Timber, made huge log rafts, and floated those logs down the Altamaha River to Darien,Ga where he sold them. Then he walked back over 60 miles upriver to his home through the swamp. He did that over and over and bought more land every time he had enough money..
He floated his last log raft downriver in 1917, walked home, took a bath, shaved, laid down on the bed and Died in his sleep... He owned a little over 2,000 acres of land and built 5 houses for his sons that are still standing today..
He Never owned a Slave, neither did his Father, nor his Grandfather...
Where did you get the figure that only 3% of southerners owned slaves
and that 97% of Confederate soldiers were highly opposed to slavery?
If this was true, they were fighting on the wrong side. That only a minority
of southerners owned slaves is true, but I doubt the figure is as low as
3%. Though the well off planters may have been the driving force behind
the start of the war, by the time actual combat started, men were fighting
to defend their homeland. That's why people who didn't own slaves were
fighting for the Confederacy. Sure, there were class distinctions in the South,
just as there were in the North.

There were Irish-American regiments formed of Irish-Americans, most of whom
lived in the North. I've never heard that Lincoln recruited men from Ireland and
paid them to fight, though it's not impossible. And of course many Irish-Americans
took part in the NYC draft riot of 1863.
Red Square

Mills River, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Who captured the blacks in Africa? Who dominated and sold these black slaves to the New World? Did the Yankees have slaves in their states? See how your simple 2nd grade argument falls apart?
Nobody denies that Yankees were heavily involved in the slave trade
or that slavery was legal in the North for a time. That doesn't make
slavery in the South in 1860 a good thing.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Exacty right.They always try to justify the real problem with slavery that was in the south. Hundrens of thousands of slaves in the south compared to the few in the north.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly did not insinuate that Slavery Anywhere, Anytime was a good thing...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the figure that only 3% of southerners owned slaves
and that 97% of Confederate soldiers were highly opposed to slavery?
If this was true, they were fighting on the wrong side. That only a minority
of southerners owned slaves is true, but I doubt the figure is as low as
3%. Though the well off planters may have been the driving force behind
the start of the war, by the time actual combat started, men were fighting
to defend their homeland. That's why people who didn't own slaves were
fighting for the Confederacy. Sure, there were class distinctions in the South,
just as there were in the North.
There were Irish-American regiments formed of Irish-Americans, most of whom
lived in the North. I've never heard that Lincoln recruited men from Ireland and
paid them to fight, though it's not impossible. And of course many Irish-Americans
took part in the NYC draft riot of 1863.
I read several books dealing with this subject in Public Libraries...

I also have my own hardcover "History of the 61st Georgia Regiment" in which it states that the Confederates Looked at the Irish the same way the Continentals Looked at the Hessians in the Revolutionary War, and they overtly tried to Kill As Many Irish as they could every time they met them...

I read the very same thing about other Confederate Units Hating the Irish for being "Paid Killers" and those Units putting extra effort into Killing as many as possible...

I scraped this up rather hastily, there is much more to be read on this subject..

http://irishamericancivilwar.com/2011/03/07/f...

In the Battle of Maryes Heights, VA the 61st Ga had the high ground, and slaughtered the first wave of attacking Federals. The whole front line of Federals went down except for 4 or 5 soldiers who by the grace of God were not hit by the volley of rifle fire poured into their ranks.

The 4 or 5 brave Federals kept coming to within 30 yards of the Confederates. The Confederates were so moved by their Bravery that they lowered their rifles and screamed at the advancing few to go Back... The 61st Officers were yelling at the men to shoot them, but they would not, the Yankees realized their hopeless position and went back to their lines..

The Confederates would have Killed the Irish......
Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Waco 1909 wrote:
Today slavery is still popular.Not only women enslaved for the sex trade(may the scum burn for eternity for using these women like dogs), but all over the world, especially North Africa, where in places it's almost commonplace.....evil, such evil......
You're my sex slave bitch, but you came to me and you've loved it ever since my lil evil Yankee suckle boy:)
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

The many versus the few. The justification game. It never balances.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so funny! We will look back in shame & horror? Really? If these fetuses had been born your PARTY,i.e., the REPUBLICAN PARTY, would have just starved them to death if they had their way. That's what they are doing now....cutting food stamps to families with children.
Damage to our country? What damage? The damage done is by too many human beings, not by too few.
Democratic policies REDUCE the number of abortions. Denying women birth control, access to health care, not educating kids when they are young, ALL REPUBLICAN POLICIES, are what increases the number of abortions in this country.
It's so damn simple to say "practice self control", but people never have & they never will. It's illogical to believe that is any answer.
Explain 40% percent of births today are to unwed mothers. Why is that?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
You know HOW that deficit is decreasing? You think it's to Obama's credit? "The economy may be plodding along. But business is booming for Uncle Sam.

The Treasury Department said on Thursday that the federal budget deficit for the first half of the 2014 fiscal year totaled $413 billion, down $187 billion from where it stood at this point last year, as tax revenue surged and spending sank.

In March, the Treasury collected $216 billion in taxes, up 16 percent from a year ago, helping reduce the deficit for the month to $37 billion, from $107 billion last year. Spending also sank by 14 percent, or $40 billion.

The budget gap last month was the smallest deficit recorded for the month of March since 2000, when economic growth was running at a much faster pace than it is today.

The red ink had been expected to ease this year. But Thursday’s announcement underscored just how quickly tax receipts have been increasing as economic growth speeds up and the stock market surges.

While some of the increase was a result of tax increases that took effect at the beginning of 2013, budget experts said it also reflected who was benefiting the most in the current recovery.

“It’s higher-income people and it is mainly from the stock market; it’s not mainly wages,” said Alice M. Rivlin, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and director of the Office of Management and Budget in the Clinton administration.“The economy is doing a little better, but not a lot better, while the stock market has been a remarkable phenomenon. Higher capital gains taxes feed in pretty quickly.”

Receipts from other sources also rose smartly. Corporate tax collections jumped by $17 billion in the first half of the fiscal year, to $117.5 billion, and Social Security receipts also surged." How many times have I seen you rail on "the rich" and "their tax breaks"? Seems your "rich" seem to be paying your deficit down for you. Be nice and say thank you.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Looks like Lerner was feeding info to Cummings about True The Vote, the conservative org.that Cummings disliked.Then, Cummings turns around and tries to block the investigation into Lerner illegally targeting these people.I can see why Cummings didn't want that info out, since it involved his own office.True The Vote was being targeted at Cummings behest, because they were conservatives.Conservatives he didn't approve of.Then the guy has the NERVE to say that there is no proof against Lerner, while he's on the committee INVESTIGATING Lerner! Talk about corruption!
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Liberals, the New Intolerants,set their sights on Condoleezza Rice this time, as they attempt to get her removed from Dropbox, for, once again, not sharing all of their views.In America today, if you don't have solid liberal credentials, you will find that getting, and holding onto,a job can be precarious.Victoria I ask you, it's this the America you want?
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

TSF, looks like the deficit is going down, as the rich and corporations begin paying higher taxes.Do you have a comment?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hamlet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Tobacco Road Outlet #16 Jul '14 great store 1
Hate crime beating or fight over threats?7:31 a... Jul '14 T_Paige 2
Mom accused of locking children out of house to... May '14 Proverb 2
.::Richmond County Daily Journal:: (Dec '07) Apr '14 Mike Hall 175
Richardson seeks re-election to BOE11:57 am | 0 Apr '14 Mike Hall 1
Criminal Charges (Jan '14) Feb '14 That keener guy 2
Scam Jam to help community avoid fraud (May '13) Nov '13 castoriehandley93 2

Search the Hamlet Forum:
•••
•••