Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Hamlet Forum

Comments (Page 2,077)

Showing posts 41,521 - 41,540 of54,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSF

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

On a brighter note for republikans, it looks like that soon you will be able to contribute over $3.5 million dollars to candidates of your choice in order to get them to vote your wishes. Congress is for sale already , but it looks like it is getting ready to become much more expensive to buy representation.
TSF

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Interest Expense Fiscal Year 2013

September $19,843,542,012.01
August $25,487,831,947.93
July $25,076,777,459.95
June $93,031,790,187.97
May $24,378,480,861.09
April $35,951,751,963.63
March $23,472,400,737.30
February $16,901,310,565.17
January $17,816,590,831.57
December $95,736,594,801.52
November $25,068,968,472.99
October $12,922,741,407.27

Fiscal Year Total
$415,688,781,248.40

** Due to a change in the accounting method for the Department of Defense (DOD) market-based securities, a one time adjustment of $75 billion decreased the Interest Expense on the Public Debt for the month of July.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
That info is from the Congressional Budget Office.
So your admitting that Obamas administration is "cooking the books"

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
That info is from the Congressional Budget Office.
So your admitting that Obamas administration is "cooking the books"
Sure they are!
Like when they claim they spent $3500 on a toilet when we can pick one up from Lowes for $89 and $750 on a hammer that we can buy for $12!
Just like they projected the Healthcare.Gov website would cost $93 million to get up and running but they expensed $640 million.....and it STILL doesn't work! If one of my former employees would've been that far off with their projections, somebody's a$$ would be fired......but I guess when you're spending someone else's money it's ok!
Hell yes they're cooking the books!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Trade Obama to the Russians for Putin and a third round draft pick....
TSF

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Just send all the republican congressmen home and let the Koch brothers have their votes.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Sure they are!
Like when they claim they spent $3500 on a toilet when we can pick one up from Lowes for $89 and $750 on a hammer that we can buy for $12!
Just like they projected the Healthcare.Gov website would cost $93 million to get up and running but they expensed $640 million.....and it STILL doesn't work! If one of my former employees would've been that far off with their projections, somebody's a$$ would be fired......but I guess when you're spending someone else's money it's ok!
Hell yes they're cooking the books!
And this hasn't been standard procedure in other administrations? Does congress have to approve these payments?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
And this hasn't been standard procedure in other administrations? Does congress have to approve these payments?
Congress approves the purchase of toilets? WOW!.You'd think that would be up to a govt, agency or something.No wonder Congress can't get anything done, too busy overseeing toller seats??

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

The Inspector General is tasked with controlling the spending habits of the Pentagon.Not very good at that, I'd say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
In previous administrations there was an actual budget in place and the monies were allotted to that specific program, bill, etc. I would assume that whomever had the oversight on a particular program, bill, etc, was in charge of distributing the money....but we all know what assuming does!
Were former administrations guilty of "cooking the books?" Yes, ALL politicians are crooks regardless of party affiliation.....but most Americans are willing to overlook their party's shortcomings as long as it's them that's benefiting!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Trade Obama to the Russians for Putin and a third round draft pick....
The question is who's going to get stuck with his 6 Trillion Dollar debt? Even the Russians aren't stupid enough to make that trade!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The question is who's going to get stuck with his 6 Trillion Dollar debt? Even the Russians aren't stupid enough to make that trade!
Now, there you go, mentioning mathematics in reference to democrats.You know that just makes them mad! Trying to teach democrats math is like trying to teach a pig about physics.It'll just frustrate you, and piss off the pig.....

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Interest Expense Fiscal Year 2013

September $19,843,542,012.01
August $25,487,831,947.93
July $25,076,777,459.95
June $93,031,790,187.97
May $24,378,480,861.09
April $35,951,751,963.63
March $23,472,400,737.30
February $16,901,310,565.17
January $17,816,590,831.57
December $95,736,594,801.52
November $25,068,968,472.99
October $12,922,741,407.27

Fiscal Year Total
$415,688,781,248.40

** Due to a change in the accounting method for the Department of Defense (DOD) market-based securities, a one time adjustment of $75 billion decreased the Interest Expense on the Public Debt for the month of July.
My numbers came straight from the CBO website. The numbers I gave were for 2012 but I did clearly state that.

We need to severely crack down on Medicare, Medicaid, welfare fraud and streamline it. We also need to privatize Social Security.

The Obama administration has already changed the SS checks to read "Federal Benefit Payment" instead of "check". While that may seem petty to some it's not to me because this is OUR money. This is not some damn benefit that is just "given" to us. We pay into this crack pot system and get shit for return. At least the government could call it what it is.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The question is who's going to get stuck with his 6 Trillion Dollar debt? Even the Russians aren't stupid enough to make that trade!
6 trillion, hell if that is all we owe? If that's the case I say stick George Bush with half of it, stop the billions of dollars in foriegn aide and cut the salaries of our congress 3/4. 45,000 a year is still good pay for doing nothing.

JohnHamhock

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
6 trillion, hell if that is all we owe? If that's the case I say stick George Bush with half of it, stop the billions of dollars in foriegn aide and cut the salaries of our congress 3/4. 45,000 a year is still good pay for doing nothing.
6 trillion so far is what has been added to it under obama. As far as Bush goes, liberal weenies used to say that anyone could have a good economy, like Bush DID, if they spent as much money as Bush did. obama and the dem0 s in congress make Bush look miserly, and the economy is worse than it has been since the'30s, even though we have been OUT OF RECESSION for more than 4 years! THATS RIGHT, this is what RECOVERY looks like with dem0s in charge.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
It's tit-for-tat, piss on my dog, I'll blow your cat away with my twelve gauge....(this is a suitable opening for Allen to remind everyone that I'm crazy). Just a little political humor....
Lmao, I don't have to remind anyone that you are crazy. You do a great job of that yourself. That Texas hospital should have kept you until after the shut down, maybe they could have figured out what makes you talk from both sides of your mouth at once or why you keep farting and pointing at the dog.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's stick Obama with it, since he did it.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao, I don't have to remind anyone that you are crazy. You do a great job of that yourself. That Texas hospital should have kept you until after the shut down, maybe they could have figured out what makes you talk from both sides of your mouth at once or why you keep farting and pointing at the dog.
You're just mad because I try to see both sides of an issue.That's called"fairness".Bei ng a raving liberal lunatic, this process would obviously be foreign to you, but I feel that it's my duty to introduce you to new concepts.FEEL free to thank me when the light penetrates your darkness!
TSF

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

And what governmental entity has the responsibility of passing a budget? That would be--- you guessed it-- CONGRESS. Then the monies are/(supposed) to be awarded by departments where department ADMINISTERATORS allocate and approve expenditures according to their departmental mission mandated by congress.
The fact that CONGRESS has not been approving annual budgets but only piecemeal micromanaging is why nothing is working the way it should. The president submits a budget to congress . If congress disagrees, then they can pass a budget by a 2/3 vote which can become law without the president's signature. A person or a government cannot sensibly plan financially for the future without a budget. With no budget, you live hand to mouth going from one monthly crisis to another an another and arguing about whose fault it is..
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>In previous administrations there was an actual budget in place and the monies were allotted to that specific program, bill, etc. I would assume that whomever had the oversight on a particular program, bill, etc, was in charge of distributing the money....but we all know what assuming does!
Were former administrations guilty of "cooking the books?" Yes, ALL politicians are crooks regardless of party affiliation.....but most Americans are willing to overlook their party's shortcomings as long as it's them that's benefiting!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
And what governmental entity has the responsibility of passing a budget? That would be--- you guessed it-- CONGRESS. Then the monies are/(supposed) to be awarded by departments where department ADMINISTERATORS allocate and approve expenditures according to their departmental mission mandated by congress.
The fact that CONGRESS has not been approving annual budgets but only piecemeal micromanaging is why nothing is working the way it should. The president submits a budget to congress . If congress disagrees, then they can pass a budget by a 2/3 vote which can become law without the president's signature. A person or a government cannot sensibly plan financially for the future without a budget. With no budget, you live hand to mouth going from one monthly crisis to another an another and arguing about whose fault it is..
<quoted text>
Whose fault is it? How can a budget be agreed on, when democrats act irresponsibly? Shall Congress approve an insane budget? When your president submits a sane budget, maybe there could be budgetary agreement.Congress isn't a rubberstamp for this, or any, president.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Now, there you go, mentioning mathematics in reference to democrats.You know that just makes them mad! Trying to teach democrats math is like trying to teach a pig about physics.It'll just frustrate you, and piss off the pig.....
I wish you would have taught mathematics to George W. Bush before putting the unnecessary Iraq war on the US credit card. What was the cost of that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41,521 - 41,540 of54,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hamlet Discussions

Search the Hamlet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Tobacco Road Outlet #16 Jul 4 great store 1
Hate crime beating or fight over threats?7:31 a... Jul 1 T_Paige 2
Mom accused of locking children out of house to... May '14 Proverb 2
.::Richmond County Daily Journal:: (Dec '07) Apr '14 Mike Hall 175
Richardson seeks re-election to BOE11:57 am | 0 Apr '14 Mike Hall 1
Criminal Charges Feb '14 That keener guy 2
Scam Jam to help community avoid fraud (May '13) Nov '13 castoriehandley93 2
•••
•••