Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#41117 Jul 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to change something, you must first start with the culture.The poor children can't afford pencils and paper but I betcha they've got an iPhone, an XBox, a 60" flat screen, and a $200 pair of LeBrons! In their culture, these things are more important than an education. No matter how much money you throw at education, it'll never change until you change their mindset!
Damn Pro what a great post.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#41118 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Here is a partial list of your annual gifts to foreign governments, despots and tyrants. So you want to save money by stealing from your kids education?
Hamas -$351 M,
Libya $1.45 B,
Egypt -$397 M,
Mexico -$622 M,
Russia -$380 M,
Haiti -$1.4 B,
Jordan -$463 M,
Kenya -$816 M,
Sudan -$870 M,
Nigeria -$456 M,
Uganda -$451 M,
Congo -$359 M,
Ethiopia -$981 M,
Pakistan -$2 B,
South Africa -$566 M,
Senegal -$698 M,
Mozambique -$404 M,
Zambia -$331 M,
Kazakhstan -$304 M,
Iraq -$1.08 B,
Tanzania -$554 M,
...with literally Billions of Dollars
and they still hate us!!!!
i tend to agree.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41119 Jul 19, 2013
You people-- all of the anti education ninnies
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>From this post, sounds like the first thing to "modify" is the "PC" element. BTW, who is "you people"?
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41120 Jul 19, 2013
I guess since they can steal x boxes, they could also just steal some paper , pencils and books. Maybe the teachers could just give the kids a list of things to steal.
That way republikans wouldn't have to spend any money on education for their own kids. Just introduce that into next weeks legislative session. It is sure to pass.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to change something, you must first start with the culture.The poor children can't afford pencils and paper but I betcha they've got an iPhone, an XBox, a 60" flat screen, and a $200 pair of LeBrons! In their culture, these things are more important than an education. No matter how much money you throw at education, it'll never change until you change their mindset!
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41121 Jul 19, 2013
Republikans steal Charlotte's airport to punish them for being democrats. Charlotte gets a restraining order to stop the theft by legislation.

Charoltte files a lawsuit against the legislature and its kleptomaniacal action. Issue will be in court for years. Huge sums of money will go to lawyers. The legislators are lawyers. Now we know why they previously allowed additional $50,000 tax breaks for every lawyer in every NC law firm.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41122 Jul 19, 2013
NC Republikans steal Ashville's water supply . Ashville gets a restraining order to stop the theft by legislation.

Ashville files a lawsuit against the legislature and its kleptomaniacal action. Issue will be in court for years. Huge sums of money will go to lawyers. The legislators are lawyers. Now we know why they previously allowed additional $50,000 tax breaks for every lawyer in every NC law firm

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41123 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
I guess since they can steal x boxes, they could also just steal some paper , pencils and books. Maybe the teachers could just give the kids a list of things to steal.
That way republikans wouldn't have to spend any money on education for their own kids. Just introduce that into next weeks legislative session. It is sure to pass.
<quoted text>
No one said they stole anything.Don't overreact.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41124 Jul 19, 2013
Looks like republikans in Raleigh are now working to establish state control of all local assets that locals have built, paid for and operated for years. State republikan lawyer legislators obviously think they know better how to run water systems and airports than the locals who built them.. That process is known as communism. That is how commies took control of Russia and China.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41125 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
NC Republikans steal Ashville's water supply . Ashville gets a restraining order to stop the theft by legislation.
Ashville files a lawsuit against the legislature and its kleptomaniacal action. Issue will be in court for years. Huge sums of money will go to lawyers. The legislators are lawyers. Now we know why they previously allowed additional $50,000 tax breaks for every lawyer in every NC law firm
I said a long time ago that this country is for lawyers and by lawyers.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41126 Jul 19, 2013
TSF i know you saw my post detailing how some countries that spend less per person on education have better students.Could the money we spend on education be more wisely spent on education?? In other words perhaps the money we DO spend could be more effective if applied more intelligently.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41127 Jul 19, 2013
Most definitely . The money could be put to much better use. Much of the money intended for teachers , students and supplies goes to $100,000 + salaries in administrative fluff. Then there is the nepotism found in most government agencies where administrative jobs are invented for the spouses of administrators etc. There is really a huge problem with the money never trickling down to teachers students and supplies where education is actually happening. Another huge problem is the administrators actually creating work and distractions for the teachers rather than supporting teachers in their primary function, education.
waco1909 wrote:
TSF i know you saw my post detailing how some countries that spend less per person on education have better students.Could the money we spend on education be more wisely spent on education?? In other words perhaps the money we DO spend could be more effective if applied more intelligently.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#41128 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Most definitely . The money could be put to much better use. Much of the money intended for teachers , students and supplies goes to $100,000 + salaries in administrative fluff. Then there is the nepotism found in most government agencies where administrative jobs are invented for the spouses of administrators etc. There is really a huge problem with the money never trickling down to teachers students and supplies where education is actually happening. Another huge problem is the administrators actually creating work and distractions for the teachers rather than supporting teachers in their primary function, education.
<quoted text>
All your points are valid.The sheer volume of money wasted by our illustrious govt.would probably pay for a natl.health care system that works and the best educational system on earth.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41129 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans steal Charlotte's airport to punish them for being democrats. Charlotte gets a restraining order to stop the theft by legislation.
Charoltte files a lawsuit against the legislature and its kleptomaniacal action. Issue will be in court for years. Huge sums of money will go to lawyers. The legislators are lawyers. Now we know why they previously allowed additional $50,000 tax breaks for every lawyer in every NC law firm.
Not punishing them for being Commies, rather punishing them for stealing money intended for the airport, then using it on their own pet projects in order to get re-elected! Had the Clt City Council Commies not put their hand in the cookie jar, the lid wouldn't have gotten slammed on their hand.
The Commucrats took control of Assville's airport and created an airport authority last year and you never whinnied about it then, why are you whining now?
The city of Clt is broke, without control of the airport they're going to lose another indirect cash flow, and now they're going to spend millions more of the taxpayers money fighting a legal battle they can't win! And why can't they win? Because the General Assembly has the power, by law, to take control and create an airport authority.....just like the Commucrats did last year Assville!
I'm glad I don't live in Clt.....and with the "white flight" that's taken place over the last several years, there's soon to be nobody left to pay the taxes!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41130 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
I guess since they can steal x boxes, they could also just steal some paper , pencils and books. Maybe the teachers could just give the kids a list of things to steal.
That way republikans wouldn't have to spend any money on education for their own kids. Just introduce that into next weeks legislative session. It is sure to pass.
<quoted text>
No one said anything about stealing, sounds as if you're racially profiling!
Republicans don't mind spending money on education, they just want to know where it goes and what they're getting in return, it's called checks and balances, hence the word "conservative".
The Commucrats just want to continue throwing money at the problem without a care where it goes and if the outcome isn't what's expected, just throw more money, hence the word "liberal".

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41131 Jul 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Not punishing them for being Commies, rather punishing them for stealing money intended for the airport, then using it on their own pet projects in order to get re-elected! Had the Clt City Council Commies not put their hand in the cookie jar, the lid wouldn't have gotten slammed on their hand.
The Commucrats took control of Assville's airport and created an airport authority last year and you never whinnied about it then, why are you whining now?
The city of Clt is broke, without control of the airport they're going to lose another indirect cash flow, and now they're going to spend millions more of the taxpayers money fighting a legal battle they can't win! And why can't they win? Because the General Assembly has the power, by law, to take control and create an airport authority.....just like the Commucrats did last year Assville!
I'm glad I don't live in Clt.....and with the "white flight" that's taken place over the last several years, there's soon to be nobody left to pay the taxes!
See"Detroit broke".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41132 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Looks like republikans in Raleigh are now working to establish state control of all local assets that locals have built, paid for and operated for years. State republikan lawyer legislators obviously think they know better how to run water systems and airports than the locals who built them.. That process is known as communism. That is how commies took control of Russia and China.
The problem with your argument is that locals didn't build or pay for these local assets. State and federal monies were also used and when the locals abuse the funds intended for these assets, they're stripped of they're control. The Commucrats have been in control for the last 126 years, it is they who wrote and passed the laws that allow the General Assembly to take control...just as they did last year in Assville!
The state isn't controlling anything, a regional airport authority consisting of 11 members (1 representative from each of the surrounding local airports and the remaining members to be appointed by the Clt City Council Commies) that Jerry Orr, the Clt Douglas Aviation Director, will answer to instead of just the City Commies. This way, the City Commies will have to keep their hands out of the cookie jar!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41133 Jul 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> See"Detroit broke".
I'm surprised it took this long, they've been broke for years!
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41134 Jul 19, 2013
Looks like Orr has quit his job as CLT airport manager. If Charlotte didn't finance their own airport, why do they owe almost 900 million dollars in airport bonds? Hard to say who will win the lawsuit, but whoever wins, will probably get stuck with the $900 million dollars in outstanding airport bonds.. Republikans thought they would get the airport and Charlotte would get the shaft. A republican couldn't be trusted in an outhouse with a muzzle on.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with your argument is that locals didn't build or pay for these local assets. State and federal monies were also used and when the locals abuse the funds intended for these assets, they're stripped of they're control. The Commucrats have been in control for the last 126 years, it is they who wrote and passed the laws that allow the General Assembly to take control...just as they did last year in Assville!
The state isn't controlling anything, a regional airport authority consisting of 11 members (1 representative from each of the surrounding local airports and the remaining members to be appointed by the Clt City Council Commies) that Jerry Orr, the Clt Douglas Aviation Director, will answer to instead of just the City Commies. This way, the City Commies will have to keep their hands out of the cookie jar!
TSF

Cameron, NC

#41135 Jul 19, 2013
You caught YOURSELF in a falsehood before you even finished the second sentence.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with your argument is that locals didn't build or pay for these local assets. State and federal monies were also used and when the locals abuse the funds intended for these assets, they're stripped of they're control. The Commucrats have been in control for the last 126 years, it is they who wrote and passed the laws that allow the General Assembly to take control...just as they did last year in Assville!
The state isn't controlling anything, a regional airport authority consisting of 11 members (1 representative from each of the surrounding local airports and the remaining members to be appointed by the Clt City Council Commies) that Jerry Orr, the Clt Douglas Aviation Director, will answer to instead of just the City Commies. This way, the City Commies will have to keep their hands out of the cookie jar!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41136 Jul 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
You caught YOURSELF in a falsehood before you even finished the second sentence.
<quoted text>
Please elaborate. Are YOU saying that State and Federal monies weren't used and the locals paid 100%?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamlet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Move is on to legalize sweepstakes in NC (Apr '13) Jul 9 Jordan 7
man arrested Jun '15 rroberta46 1
News 'A mandate for coming back' Jun '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News McCrory to veto gay marriage objection bill May '15 Imprtnrd 7
News NAACP plans Mother of the Year banquet Friday May '15 Lisa 5
News Locals celebrate Chinese New Year Feb '15 So real asian 2
News Official: NC magistrates duty-bound to marry gays (Nov '14) Nov '14 mere cat 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamlet Mortgages