Clock ticking for jobless aid | The C...

Clock ticking for jobless aid | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 12 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Clock ticking for jobless aid | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Telephone inquiries from people asking about jobless benefits are received at the Columbus call center of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Billy Bob Thornton

Delaware, OH

#1 Apr 2, 2010
So how's that hope and changy thing working out for you now?
Let's here it for the mighty "O".
glenx

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 2, 2010
you have all heard this before but I'm very iritated ,,every republican administration since eisenhaur ,I was laid off
from my job at rockwell in newark, most of the layoffs were up to a year in length .and with no employment available we had to feed our family thru the
welfare program and it was rough..
this time the republicans have made it so bad the recession
is almost a depression and everybody is suffering..
when are we going to learn to vote for the people who keep
you working and not be brainwashed into thinking they are going to help the working people ??

“So far left, I'm right”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2010
Billy Bob Thornton wrote:
So how's that hope and changy thing working out for you now?
Let's here it for the mighty "O".
how's stealing a quote from a woman who can only give a speech by reading cribnotes from her sweaty palm working out for you?
let's here it for the mighty sheep and parrot, billy bob!!!
mycroft6

Nashport, OH

#4 Apr 2, 2010
Hey lets not help unemployed Americans but give over a billion dollars to Haiti which no matter how much they spend will always be a dump.
nmetro

Denver, CO

#5 Apr 2, 2010
Billy Bob Thompson,

The hold up on extending unemployment benefits are the result of "Dr. No" Senator Colburn of Oklahoma; a Republican. He filibustered the Senate for two days and then the Senate went on vacation. In this case, the Democrats in the Senate, did not even bother to try to stop the filibuster. This has nothing to do with the Obama Administration. Congress has to approve budget items; like extending unemployment.

When are people going to learn, that Congress is the problem. That both parties do not care about the people, but themselves and their rich benefactors. That they are so out of touch with the people; that we are considered peasants in their eyes. As long as Wall Street, business and the wealthy are happy; who cares about 99% of the population; we are a mere nuisance to them.

What this article fails to mention, are the thousands of people a week who exhausted all their unemployment and will not see any new benefits. I am one of those people. While Colorado is not as bad as Ohio in unemployment; this state is absorbing Silicon Valley Californians who are flooding the IT market, making it difficult for local IT people to find work.

Finally, in the past 10 years, I have been out of work for over four years of it; thanks to Congressional incompetence doing their best to wreck the economy. It is why I plan to vote for someone who has never served in Congress before; regardless of party.
pikkil47

Hilliard, OH

#6 Apr 2, 2010
Billy Bob please. You make Karl Childers seem fully rational and sane. Congress fiddle-dee-dees and postures whilst people face going hungry.So,, you decide(in a feeble effort at making an imbicilic anti presidential talking point)to parrot one of the worst demagogues to recently come on the scene. I'm not an Obama lover -but-
at least I'm able to sort out the issues and problems The prospect of 'you folks'(collective) being the future makes my head want to explode
Gonzo

Grass Valley, CA

#7 Apr 2, 2010
Congress doesn't reconvene until the 12th!! For God's sake! What does that make? An 18 day spring break for them while millions of people prepare to starve, or turn to crime to feed their families? If we're lucky, 1 in 10 who are unemployed will be able to find a job in the next couple months. What kind of an arrogant SOB who has the power to do something says 'well it's time for my break'. This is a big middle finger from Congress to the American people. Not a one of them deserves their fattening salary and excellent benefits more than a jaywalker deserves the death penalty. We should fire them all!
Support clean elections and people with integrity, not politicians, to run things!
Buckeye Chuck

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 2, 2010
I know three people recieving unemployement. I also know three people who are not activly seeing a job.

I asked one the other day when she planed to start looking she said when the benifits begin to run out.

I always thought that to receive unemployment you needed to prove you are looking for work. Guess its easier to give it away
Brian

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Apr 2, 2010
What about another tier? I went through all the tiers and it did not end up being 99 weeks. They shoild add another tier so at least those of us whos unemployment ran out in Feb. will receive at least 99 weeks like everyone else,
Brian

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Apr 2, 2010
They should add another tier so those of us whos unemployment ran out in Feb. will also receive 99 weeks or more like everyone else will.
Leslie

United States

#11 Apr 4, 2010
OMG! Coburn where do we begin?You just put Millions of American People on the street! If you think were going to get Rich off unemployment your sadly mistaken I don't make near as much as I used to take home.You try making a $1200 House Pymt,Make Car pymts.,Insurance Payments,Pay utilitys,Buy food and raise 3 kids on on $315 a wk.!!! When I work I bring home alot more than that!! If You Want Us Off UNEMPLOYMENT. THEN BRING US JOBS!!! VOTE NO FOR COBURN! Cause thats the only thing you know how to say!
Topper

Columbus, OH

#12 Apr 4, 2010
Leslie wrote:
OMG! Coburn where do we begin?You just put Millions of American People on the street! If you think were going to get Rich off unemployment your sadly mistaken I don't make near as much as I used to take home.You try making a $1200 House Pymt,Make Car pymts.,Insurance Payments,Pay utilitys,Buy food and raise 3 kids on on $315 a wk.!!! When I work I bring home alot more than that!! If You Want Us Off UNEMPLOYMENT. THEN BRING US JOBS!!! VOTE NO FOR COBURN! Cause thats the only thing you know how to say!
Most people on unemployment don't really care about "getting rich"....They just want to get by without working.....And they won't work until the unemployment checks stop...Why Should they??....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 911 service down in three Putnam County villages Oct '16 Bill 1
News Semi-pro football team holding tryouts (Feb '08) Sep '16 Ron Jeremy 46
News Honored seniors feel volunteerism is important (May '16) May '16 Brian b 1
News Fewer food pantries serve Ohioans in need (Oct '15) Oct '15 Ecossais 37
Sheriff Jim Beutler (Oct '09) Mar '15 diemerbarb 7
Common Pleas Court-March 4 (Mar '15) Mar '15 Bill Myers 1
News Food program fills void for rural kids in need (Jul '14) Jul '14 They camnot kill ... 11

Hamler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamler Mortgages