Suburban food pantry bucks trend

Suburban food pantry bucks trend

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Suburban food pantry bucks trend. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Steve Languis and Sandy Byers organize food donations for the Worthington Food Pantry & Resource Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

#1 Aug 3, 2009
bless anyone working in that field.it is going to be a long time before those lines of hungry people disappear
lets help

AOL

#2 Aug 3, 2009
i HATE to see anyone human or animal go hungry that tears me up ... but in the past i have given a neighbor a ride to a food pantry upon there need, sitting there and listing to a couple of african anericans boast about how they have gone from pantry to pantry 3-4 times a week and some days 3 different pantrys, and then use there food stamp cards to get the best name brands and most expensive cuts of meat --- well this just sickens my stomach...... why isnt there a program in place to track the last 4 of s.s. numbers to limit the times one can go and reap what someone else in need may not be able to get. i have been in this ohio capitol town for about a year and a half now and never have i ever experienced in my 60 years of life such GREED amoung the black community ..... and yes by all means MAY GOD BLESS THOSE who work so hard to keep these facilities open for those in need , AND MAY GOD BLESS THE NEEDY -- those who are REALY in need
Its Me

Springfield, OH

#3 Aug 3, 2009
Lets Help...have you ever worked or volunteered at a food pantry? It doesn't sound like it. People of all classes are now in need of food! When I volunteer, it is usually poor FAMILIES and the majority of them are white. Please take your racist comments to another site today. You are in desperate need of your medication as well.
Its Me

Springfield, OH

#4 Aug 3, 2009
lets help wrote:
i HATE to see anyone human or animal go hungry that tears me up ... but in the past i have given a neighbor a ride to a food pantry upon there need, sitting there and listing to a couple of african anericans boast about how they have gone from pantry to pantry 3-4 times a week and some days 3 different pantrys, and then use there food stamp cards to get the best name brands and most expensive cuts of meat --- well this just sickens my stomach...... why isnt there a program in place to track the last 4 of s.s. numbers to limit the times one can go and reap what someone else in need may not be able to get. i have been in this ohio capitol town for about a year and a half now and never have i ever experienced in my 60 years of life such GREED amoung the black community ..... and yes by all means MAY GOD BLESS THOSE who work so hard to keep these facilities open for those in need , AND MAY GOD BLESS THE NEEDY -- those who are REALY in need
With people like you, the Dispatch should invest in an icon with a little hood to warn others about your mental illness called racism.

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

#5 Aug 4, 2009
Its Me wrote:
<quoted text>
With people like you, the Dispatch should invest in an icon with a little hood to warn others about your mental illness called racism.
save your breath,,,,you can't reach the willfully ignorant with logic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Honored seniors feel volunteerism is important May '16 Brian b 1
News Fewer food pantries serve Ohioans in need (Oct '15) Oct '15 Ecossais 37
Sheriff Jim Beutler (Oct '09) Mar '15 diemerbarb 7
Common Pleas Court-March 4 (Mar '15) Mar '15 Bill Myers 1
water rushing flood of 2004/05 (Dec '14) Dec '14 Anonymous 1
Olivia orduno (Dec '14) Dec '14 Goirish2015 1
News Two wind farms now on hold (Jul '14) Jul '14 Joe Jared 24

Hamler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance