May vs. LaRock: A Republican duel

There are 3 comments on the Loudoun Times story from Jun 4, 2013, titled May vs. LaRock: A Republican duel. In it, Loudoun Times reports that:

Voters in Virginia's 33rd House of Delegates District have a choice in the June 11 Republican primary: Do they stay the course with a well-known politician who holds 20 years of General Assembly experience? Or do they elect a firebrand newcomer who pledges to be the more conservative of the two? The challenge of unseating a two-decade incumbent is ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Loudoun Times.

Wanting Clarifcation

Purcellville, VA

#1 Jun 5, 2013
I have received the Joe May mailers of the past week or so regarding Mr. LaRock. I am not overly keen on the negative messaging in the mailers. I understand that the details of the "removing the sign incident" and do not agree with the way the information was described. It is disconcerting, however, that Mr. LaRock, who is running to for an office, where he would help make the laws, seems to feel he is above the law. First, he took it on his own to try and enforce the law regarding the sign and the woman's yard. Second, is that Mr. LaRock and his supporters are himself violating the same regulations. There are LaRock signs all over that are in the VDOT right of way and he his billboards on private property that violate the zoning regulations. So LaRock appears to pick and chose how he handles the "law" depending on how it suits his needs. Is that what Virgina needs right now?

I am not sure I understand Mr. LaRock's position on the lawsuits. Is the information in the mailers true? While the messaging may be negative, are the facts accurate? If they are, which they appear to be, then once again, Mr. LaRock appears to be inconsistent in his views and actions.

I would ask that Mr. LaRock, and not his supporters, clarify this issues once and for all for the people of the 33rd so informed decisions can be made.
Wanting Clarification

Purcellville, VA

#2 Jun 5, 2013
Sorry for typos...fat fingers

I have received the Joe May mailers of the past week or so regarding Mr. LaRock. I am not overly keen on the negative messaging in the mailers and would have focused a little more on why the issues you point out really do matter.. I understand that the details of the "removing the sign incident". It is disconcerting, however, that Mr. LaRock, who is running to for an office, where he would help make the laws, seems to feel he is above the law. First, he took it on his own to try and enforce the law regarding the sign and the woman's yard. Second, is that Mr. LaRock and his supporters are themselves violating the same regulations. There are LaRock signs all over that are in the VDOT right of way and he has billboards on private property that violate the zoning regulations (Route 9, Route 704, Bus & in Hamilton). So LaRock appears to pick and chose how he handles the "law" depending on how it suits his needs. Is that what Virginia needs right now?
Steve in Hamilton

Purcellville, VA

#3 Jun 5, 2013
I would have to agree. Mr. LaRock needs to set the record straight about the lawsuits so we can all move on and make informed choices.

It is concerning that if what you say is true, Mr. LaRock and his supporters are violating the regulations that Mr. LaRock himself tried to enforce.

I am saving my decision and so are many of my neighbors and friends until Mr. LaRock sets the record straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loudoun Sheriffa s Office reminds residents to ... May 16 SrTechie 1
Help! Weird phone call from India? (Nov '13) May 12 SrTechie 3
I am stressed out over school? (Nov '13) May 12 SrTechie 3
Is craiglistsafe a scam? (Nov '13) May 12 SrTechie 2
How can I find out if someone been using my nam... (Nov '13) May 12 SrTechie 3
Who likes T-mobile? (Dec '13) May 12 SrTechie 4
what cell phones work in lovettsville? (Feb '14) May 12 SrTechie 2
More from around the web

Hamilton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE