Dog shelter phones ring off the hook

Jun 17, 2010 Read more: Kypost.Com 7
The phones are ringing off the hook at a Hamilton animal shelter after more than 20 dogs were dropped off on Wednesday. Read more
Jessica

Fairfield, OH

#1 Jun 18, 2010
My huskey was taken in 2007 from my home in Hamilton; as it turns out not far from Mr. Roberson's home. I filed reports with every shelter, with vets offices, posted flyers, and even ran a newspaper ad; she was never turned in. I believe I saw her on the 6pm news last night and arrived at the shelter only to be told she was not there she had been moved to a resuce. I'm hoping today to get her back after many years of worry and regret. I also find it impausible that Mr. Roberson failed to see the "lost posters hung EVERYWHERE around his home.If in fact Mr. Roberson does/did have Killian then I feel its right to say that he is not a nice man he's a thief and I hope they're aren't other families out there that have suffered as mine did do to this mans obession(seems to be the right word). I will keep everyone posted and please pray that we might finally get her back.
good luck

Centerburg, OH

#2 Jun 26, 2010
I hope you get your dog back. I would hate to lose our dog. If the shelter is busy it is due to the man dropping off 77 dogs. How could you care for that many dogs?. Is this the news article that you saw your dog on ? We only have one but the vet bills and everything he needs adds up. He is worth it but if I had 77 of them I could not care for them or afford everything they need. That is just crazy. Never should have been allowed in the city or anywhere. Makes you wonder who else may have a lost dog found by this man.

Since: Jun 10

Hamilton, OH

#3 Jun 30, 2010
He had my dog and the only reason i found out is because i saw her on tv. But she was lost 2 years ago but she still looks exactly the same. I saw her on tv on the 11 oclock news and i called the humane society the next morning and they told me they had to evaluate her and to call back next week. I went up there 3 days later and she wasnt there. Completely broke my heart.
good luck

Centerburg, OH

#4 Jul 1, 2010
CincyMomma wrote:
He had my dog and the only reason i found out is because i saw her on tv. But she was lost 2 years ago but she still looks exactly the same. I saw her on tv on the 11 oclock news and i called the humane society the next morning and they told me they had to evaluate her and to call back next week. I went up there 3 days later and she wasnt there. Completely broke my heart.
That is just terrible. How could they refuse or even tell you to come back. It makes you wonder how this guy came to have him. Our dog is part of our family and since our kids are grown we spoil him, but he is a good dog. I am sure you missed your dog and it seems like the shelter would have been glad to found the owner. It is really bad how the humane association handled this. They should have reached out to help you find your dog after hearing your story. Shame on them. Makes you wonder how they do handle things. I wish you had got him back.

Hamilton, OH

#5 Jul 1, 2010
Yeah it was horrible. I asked them the morning that i called of i could at least come see her because i am struggling with money considering im a single mom with 2 young kids. But they told me know just to keep looking for her on Petfinder and when she shows up on there then i can come up to the shelter well i came up with the 125 dollars to get MY dog that was stolen out of the shelter and when i went up there they said they didnt know where she was but they didnt have a dalmatian. But when i called they said they did and told me her name...I know her name i named her when my ex rescued her when she was 3 weeks old 5 years ago from some lady that left her in a house after she was evicted 2 weeks before he found her.
good luck

Centerburg, OH

#6 Jul 8, 2010
Had a computer breakdown, I just wanted to ask if you had any luck getting your dog back yet ? I hope so. It is a shame how this was handled. I feel sad for you, I would be heartbroken too, if it was my dog . Makes you wonder what goes on at the shelter. I also wonder how this man got away with having so many dogs in the city or anywhere for that matter. I really hope you got your dog back and the shelter should have helped you in any way they could have.

Hamilton, OH

#7 Jul 10, 2010
No i havent gotten her back or even been able to find her. I keep checking PetFinder every day and she never shows up. So i am assuming someone adopted her before they could put her on craigslist. Just hope shes in a good home. It makes me feel better thinking that shes in a good home. When i was younger and lived with my dad she had about an acre of land to run on everyday and then when i moved out i moved her into an apartment which is also where i live now. So i just keep telling myself that she is somewhere with a yard and she can run and try to catch birds lol she used to bring me birds that she somehow caught in the back yard. It was disgusting but now i kinda miss it in a weird way lol. Thank you though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only in Hamilton (Dec '11) 10 hr marie 32
Bad heroin (Jan '13) Fri paullywalnuts 34
News Speed Trap Cameras In New Miami Boost Police Re... (Oct '12) Apr 15 LEO 224
charles "chuck" sampson (Dec '13) Apr 15 joedirt 2
Local Rappers/Hip Hop Artists (Aug '13) Apr 9 comedypunk 9
New Miami Music Thread (Sep '13) Apr 6 Musikologist 7
News Lawsuit aims to stop Ohio from dropping people ... Apr 1 INDICT SHELDON SI... 1
More from around the web

Hamilton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]