Teachers having sex with students, wh...

Teachers having sex with students, why are they NOT in jail ?

Posted in the Hamilton Forum

Mr Peabody

Georgetown, OH

#1 Jul 9, 2011
I not too long ago found out about a teacher or a person that works at a school who had an inappropriate relationship with a student who is underage. Now how is it that this man is not in jail for having sex not once, but multiple times with this girl? I see on the news all the time about how if you are someone in a position of authority and you are caught doing this then your ass goes directly to jail , no questions asked. Well then how is it that a certain Mr Darryl Collier , who is a choir director or his ex wife was/is the choir director at Ross High is not in jail for having a sexual relationship with a student who is 17 years old. I find this outlandish and disgusting that he is getting away with this and no charges have been brought against him for this. Is it just another cover-up or did he pay his way out of this? Come on Butler County Sheriffs Office , do your job and arrest this sexual predator and get him away from our children. And the prosecutors office needs to get on the ball and do something about this.
pappa

Mount Gilead, OH

#2 Jul 11, 2011
Hey it happens. It is not right, but it happens. Most of the time it is not reported. I know of a case the same kind of thing happened. Nothing was done about it. The woman was not a teacher but worked at the school and was over 40 and seeing a student who she later married. She was old enough to be this young guys mom, she could not have more kids at all. Yet she married this young guy who just graduated and had his whole life ahead of him. She was a gramma. Not one person reported her for what she did. If no one reports it nothing is done.

“Fighting Cancer”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Jul 11, 2011
Has happened in central KY.... too bad she won't be spending anytime in jail, though. But I would take her wheelchair away from her...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/richmond-ky/T...
Mr Peabody

Georgetown, OH

#4 Jul 13, 2011
It sickens me to think that someone wont put this guy in jail or at the least make sure he cant be around kids in a school setting. The prosecuter here in butler county is more worried about his career than doing what is right. Hell , Robin Piper would have had this guy in the jail-house at the first mention of this. Do whats right Mr Gmoser and prosecute this child molester. His name is Darryl Collier and he was at ross high school .
Bababooey

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Sep 26, 2011
Crazy right? Where the heck were these teachers when I was in school? I would had got better grades and showed up on time if I knew I was going to tap my English teacher after school.
users

Mount Gilead, OH

#6 Sep 29, 2011
People need to report when this happens it is no secret it has happened a lot. They are there to educate not for sex ed. They are no better than a pedophile to me.
Lucky Duck

Troy, OH

#7 Dec 4, 2011
During my senior year at Fairfield High School in the '80's, Police Officer Mike Oler had an office in the far right corner of the back hall, & had been for many years. Troubled students were referred to him (insubordinate,drug problems, or other troubling issues, etc.). Everyone knew who he was, & like MOST of the other students, I hadn't had a personal or direct relationship with him. I always thought it was the 'bad' kids that he came into contact with. A few months after a close buddy of mine moved out of state, Officer Mike Oler called me into his office, after school hours. Needless to say I was dumbfounded and clueless as to why he needed to speak to me, as he did not elaborate on the phone what was wrong. I knew my buddy had been in contact with Officer Oler up until his family moved (tho I was not privy to why or what trouble he had been in). Upon entering his office he locked the door, and after I asked him why he called me to come in, he answered that my friend had given him my name, and was explicit about their relationship, being sexual in nature. He pressed on with weird questions like 'Have you ever been bad?','Have you had to be punished, and how?','Do you know what happens to you when you've been bad?', so on and so forth. I had never been so scared, shocked, and intimidated in all my life! He approached me, grabbed me, and started pawing at me, pushing me back onto his desk. I TOTALLY freaked out, & scrambled to unlock the door, as he tried to restrain me from leaving. I knew if I didn't get the hell out of dodge something real bad was going to happen! Fortunately I was able to unlock the door quicker than he could stop me, and I took off down the dark hall like a bat out of hell! Sadly, this is one of the last memories I had of my senior year in high school. I've always wondered how many other young guys he has assaulted or scarred for life. He's on city council in Fairfield, and has 3 grown middle-aged children & I assume he is still married. I was shocked to learn his behavior is not a secret, but I guess if no one reports an assault there is no way to prosecute. My friend teaches at Fairfield, and she confirmed that others know of him and his antics. He was involved with the One Way Farm, but I'm not sure if he still is or not. He is on Fairfield City Council (I checked their website). I pray he has changed his ways--tho I feel once a predator, always a predator. All of this Penn State tragedy has brought up a lot of painful memories for me. I pray the victims can find solace & forgiveness someday, otherwise it will just continue to eat away at their self-esteem. XXOO Lucky Duck
mammabear

North Lewisburg, OH

#8 Dec 8, 2011
I think most of the time it goes unreported. It should be reported. Something needs to be done to stop this.
Lucky Duck

Troy, OH

#9 Jan 3, 2012
It doesn't do anything to report it, I did, and he is still footloose and fancy free, 'serving' the community. :-(
PQR from Houston

Destin, FL

#11 Nov 21, 2013
Out of curiosity, I decided to do a search on a former teacher/PE coach of mine who molested me when I was in 5th grade. His name was Darryl Collier and this was in Houston probably 25 years ago. I was stunned to find your post. Any chance this is the same man?
Mr Peabody wrote:
It sickens me to think that someone wont put this guy in jail or at the least make sure he cant be around kids in a school setting. The prosecuter here in butler county is more worried about his career than doing what is right. Hell , Robin Piper would have had this guy in the jail-house at the first mention of this. Do whats right Mr Gmoser and prosecute this child molester. His name is Darryl Collier and he was at ross high school .
hmm

West Chester, OH

#12 Jan 17, 2014
PQR from Houston wrote:
Out of curiosity, I decided to do a search on a former teacher/PE coach of mine who molested me when I was in 5th grade. His name was Darryl Collier and this was in Houston probably 25 years ago. I was stunned to find your post. Any chance this is the same man? <quoted text>
What did he look like?
anonymous

Louisville, KY

#13 Dec 20, 2014
Not the same person. I'm the person who brought it to the school's attention in the first place. The school administrators did their job. Butler County police did not do theirs.
Anonymous

Taylor, MI

#14 Jul 14, 2016
Was surprised to find out that not only was Darryl Collier never prosecuted for his crime, but his victim - whom he has psychologically manipulated into staying in a relationship with him - is now a licensed teacher in the state of Ohio. It kind of makes me sick, the thought that not only did the original criminal get free, but his victim probably doesn't even know any better. What's stopping her from potentially having sex with a student? Very concerning.
Zeb Cannot Hide

Louisville, CO

#15 Feb 22, 2017
ZebulonTaylor, NorthEndHamilton, is a known ChildMolester that Childrens'Services let off the hook too. His word against a little girl's word; Zeb called his young victim a LIAR and that was good enough for authorities; he is still out there. Are we beginning to see a pattern of releasing SCUM PREDATORS into our lives to keep getting their sick thrills on our CHILDREN??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new year's eve 1976 at hamilton, ohio Sun Silver Dollar Bar 1
Ministry Nov 18 Do tell 4
randall macintosh jr. (Apr '17) Nov 18 Bren105 11
Huppertz Nov 12 Abc 2
Michael Harper (sells tires) Nov 4 Flat Tires 4
Billy Holden byers (aka Holden Byers) Charged w... (Jun '16) Nov 1 Hamilton 5
too much gossip Oct 24 animal man 1

Hamilton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance