Coroner's inquest clears Darby marshal in fatal shooting

There are 8 comments on the Missoulian story from Oct 6, 2005, titled Coroner's inquest clears Darby marshal in fatal shooting. In it, Missoulian reports that:

A coroner's inquest determined Wednesday that Darby Marshal Larry Rose was justified in the February shooting death of Matthew Morgan Plympton, 20.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Missoulian.

Jess Coleman

Anchorage, AK

#1 Jul 22, 2006
I was his best friend and this was not justified, Larry Rose is a murderer. Plain and simple.
Audrey Hensley

Garrison, ND

#2 Jul 6, 2010
Had Larry Rose waited for back up, as he should have in a domestic dispute, this would never have happened. It is very interesting that the microphone was "off" or perhaps what was on the tape was erased when they went to the inquest. Murder is never justified...except....
Mike stevens

United States

#3 Dec 1, 2013
The whole Darby authorities group are corrupt. From he sheriff to the wanna be judge Burnides or whatever his "real" name is. which is a whole other show. They think they are still in 1865 and pretend Wyatt Earp is in town. They are a joke and I can't see this going on too much longer.
David Gingerich

Missoula, MT

#4 Feb 5, 2014
The Ravalli countypolice force is screwed up. They all need to be investigated and punished for illegal what nots and lazy assumptions with bias profiling . They are yhe ones that are ruining this valley.
sweetleaf

Livingston, MT

#5 Dec 19, 2014
Your story, your young life, is not forgotten Matthew Plympton. This is so sad, and Rose was so wrong, and should still be held accountable for taking Matthew's life, with compensation to Matthew's family.
DCtechsonstates

San Diego, CA

#7 Jan 5, 2015
David Gingerich wrote:
The Ravalli countypolice force is screwed up. They all need to be investigated and punished for illegal what nots and lazy assumptions with bias profiling . They are yhe ones that are ruining this valley.
they will , they will indeed .
DCtechsonstates

San Diego, CA

#8 Jan 5, 2015
Mike stevens wrote:
The whole Darby authorities group are corrupt. From he sheriff to the wanna be judge Burnides or whatever his "real" name is. which is a whole other show. They think they are still in 1865 and pretend Wyatt Earp is in town. They are a joke and I can't see this going on too much longer.
its the entire state that's corrupt , good to see more on Klan Klavern states internal corruption .
Eat at joes

United States

#9 Apr 1, 2015
Slow day eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why live in Montana? (Aug '09) Mar '15 Beasterdamus 38
Review: Noah's Arc Veterinary Hospital - Shura ... (Mar '11) Mar '15 Sandy 10
first st Mar '15 ziesing13 1
News Fire fighting used to be effective Jan '15 jordennancy23 1
News Inmate ends escape try so others could sleep (Sep '14) Sep '14 Christsharians on... 2
Steve and Levi Poindexter (Apr '09) Jul '14 levi 11
News Warren E. Herbert (Apr '14) Apr '14 Abu Ben Adam 4
More from around the web

Hamilton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]