First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RukiddingMe

Butte, MT

#22 Aug 25, 2013
Yeah Montana is all stocked up on stupid don't waste your time with us loosers and meth addicts! Most people here are rude and selfish! I would recommend looking into relocating to Idaho or Wyoming its much nicer.
I'm sure they rounded up the worst of the worst and put them all here in Montana, its like lord of the flies here!!
Unfortunately because jobs here are so terrible I'm stuck here for the rest of my life.

Please pray for me....
NYRican2611

Cortland, NY

#23 Oct 28, 2013
Not as bad as you think wrote:
An $8.00 an hour job is better than no job.
Compare the cost of living in Mt. to Michigan, and it's a no-brainer. Our taxes are much higher, sales tax is 8.5%, crime is way out of control, there's absolutely no space here, and gas is $2.95 a gall. here when it is $2.70 in Mt.
Be happy w/what you have.
I completely agree I have lived my whole life in New York and crime here is terrible and it is vastly expensive I would take Montana over NY in terms of cost of living any day. Actually I am considering moving to Montana.
Louie Richardson

Biloxi, MS

#24 Nov 24, 2013
wow I was born in MT
would like to move there
I am retired 54 yrs old
from the Whitefish area
would like to move to south west

sorry to hear life there is so terrible
the visits are very nice.

The American economics are low everywhere
for the recent 5 years.
Still Gods country up there.
Hope everyone that lives there feels the common comfort. It is clean. sorry for the fires.
where else is comparable ??
Diana

Trier, Germany

#25 Mar 6, 2014
My husband is from NC and right now we are living in Germany ( I am German). We want to move back to the States sometime next year. While I would love to move to NC he wants to move to MO. I am not sure if thats the right place for us to go. I really dont like Winter and my biggest worry is sitting in snow for half of the year.
Tait

East Helena, MT

#26 Mar 27, 2014
I was born and raised in Montana and very grateful for that. I learned the value of hard work from a young age, like a lot of people do here. Anyone who says people are rude here don't know the state very well. I was in the military and have lived in other states, so I've seen what is out there. Every state has great spots and not so great spots. If you do your research it isn't hard to figure out where the nicer places are.
People who want everything to be about them won't be happy anywhere. Gangs....in Montana?? That's humorous. You might find some wanna be punks in Billings or the other big towns, but I've never seen them. Every state has drug addicts. If you have the right kind of friends you won't ever see it.
Summer and fall is awesome in MT. Usually around 80-85% in summer, with 3 weeks of 90-95% late July/August. Boating & skiing lakes, fishing/floating rivers, camping, hiking, glacier and yellowstone NP, town festivals with fairs, rodeos, etc. Winter ski resorts of course, lots of hunting if you like that. The one thing that does stink here is the economy, wages are low. If you have the right degree/credentials and make some good connections, you can live great.
Sandra

Washington, DC

#27 Apr 2, 2014
Mike wrote:
Hi my name is mike I am a truck driver with two new twin boys and have thought many times about moving to Montana because of the scenery and the supposed driving jobs in that area. I read your post and never thought in a million years that there would be a problem with gangs and ignorant people. I guess we can romanticize things when were desperate to leave to the greener side of the grass . Don't have the patients to write a long text at the moment just want to get out of this shit hole of Chicago that I live in with these ignorant it's all about me ass holes that I live around. Thieves , gang bangers, losers, hardasses, white trash , black trash , Mexican trash , nothing but trash everywhere I look and I can't take it. ANOTHER MINUTE. Sick of assholes and ignorant people
Mike, the woman who wrote about gangs & ignorant people was being sarcastic. Read further and you will see a paragraph that begins with "Shh-hhhhh!", that is her - read on! My son, wife and their child have lived and worked in Hamilton for years. They love, love, love it there!
There is lots of outdoor-sey stuff to do for family and kids alike. Easy to get to Alaska, Canada, state of Washington & Oregon. There is Idaho close by and you can update yourself on Native American culture if you are interested. There is alot of wildlife, the kids can learn alot and there are many different hobbies they can get envolved in. Hope that helps! I'm going out this late spring to visit my family and get to know MT.
Washingtonian

United States

#28 Apr 2, 2014
Thinking about moving to Montana. Need some advice on where might be a good place to raise a family. Thank you
Arizona

Phoenix, AZ

#29 Apr 21, 2014
I am suppose to maybe move to Montana and all I have read on this site is how bad Montana is. I cannot believe it can be this bad. I am not a gun person, but do like the outdoors. It sounds like this place is all guns, meth labs, unfriendly people, cold weather, smoke.... Is this accurate.
Frank

Hawthorne, NJ

#30 May 3, 2014
Fish out of water wrote:
I moved to MT with my husband who is a native Montanan and I've never been so disgusted by a a state and group of people in my life. Unless you're completely uneducated, white trash, a social reject, or a flaming liberal - MT is not a good place for a permanent home. As a vacation spot it is great, and I always loved it prior to actually moving here. The professors and students in the local universities all think they're brilliant when In reality, MT universities are amongst the worst in the country. The medical care a facilities are also amongst the worst in the country, but since most of the the locals don't have an understanding of what good medical care looks like the doctors from mediocre schools are gods in this state... And they don't let you forget it. I've lived all over the world and this is by far the most pathetic place I've ever been. Yes, the surrounding areas are gorgeous, but you can find that in lots of different places around the US, and not have to deal wih such utter incompetence. I fear my children will grow up to be one of these worthless losers. I wish we had never moved here. It was a HUGE mistake.
Well, you get what you give -- I'll leave it at that.

Back on topic: without getting into any political/relgious discussions, how tolerant are the Montanans, generally speaking, with a homosexual couple living in the area? Just two regular gentlemen looking to relocate and take in the scenary without the drama. Just curious. Thanks!
Eucalyptus

Towson, MD

#31 May 15, 2014
PrettyHappy wrote:
I have been living here in western montana for about 7 years. The scenery is spectacular, but with all the slums and gangs it is flat unsafe to live here. I think every other house is a meth house. Then you have to deal with tempurature inversions choking on smoke year round. Traffic jams between here and Missoula is a constant concern. Everyone has a handgun and you never know when someone might shoot you. Cost of living is out the door, can't believe how expensive a home is. People here are honery, if you have a break down by the time you are able to get a wrecker your car has been stripped or stolen. I wouldn't move here if I were you.
You are an idiot. I'm sure your neighbors really like having you around. Move out!
A from Michigan

Mulliken, MI

#32 May 23, 2014
Not as bad as you think wrote:
An $8.00 an hour job is better than no job.
Compare the cost of living in Mt. to Michigan, and it's a no-brainer. Our taxes are much higher, sales tax is 8.5%, crime is way out of control, there's absolutely no space here, and gas is $2.95 a gall. here when it is $2.70 in Mt.
Be happy w/what you have.
What? Sales tax in Michigan is only 6%
... car insurance is the highest in the nation in Michigan!
Tim from Western NY

Grand Island, NY

#33 May 31, 2014
My wire were born and raised in NY. I have lived in many different states and for about 4 years my wife and I lived in Florida. We have been discussed with NY (government and liberal ideology). Our youngest is graduating highschool next year. We have been looking at either NW Montana or Alaska. I was looking at Kilaspell. I am a commercial project manager for construction. We are looking for an area in which we can be along (house in the middle of the woods) but can be within a half our of a town with a small hospital. I currently pay $7,000.00 for our property taxes.
AWR

Winston Salem, NC

#34 Jul 4, 2014
Halftime wrote:
My spouse lived in Montana before we met. I have lived in Oklahoma all of my life. My spouse wants to move back to montana. I have done a lot of research and it looks like it would cost a lot to live in montana. And don't tell me that the view is worth it. We are down in southeast Oklahoma and it is beautiful here. Lots of trees, mountains,rivers and good country living. I would like to know the good things about living in Montana from the people who live there now.
Apples and Oranges. You really don't have mountains in Oklahoma. Outdoor life in Montana is superior. Cost of living probably higher in MT, but well worth it. The main concern is finding a job...sparse in MT. Come to MT and spend some time...I think you'll learn to love the beauty
Steve

New York, NY

#35 Jul 6, 2014
mgp wrote:
wow...2.95 a gallon sounds great. Im from Texas and we are paying 3.59 a gallon. Im thinking about moving to Montana, but would like to find a job there first! Any suggestions as to where someone could find a job?
That's funny because I feel the same way about ignorant, chicken hawk, redneck repugs. Go figure.
Slam

Fond Du Lac, WI

#36 Jul 6, 2014
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny because I feel the same way about ignorant, chicken hawk, redneck repugs. Go figure.
Spoken like a true, nasty, Libturd. MGP said nothing about politics, just gas; and, yet, because you see he/she is from Texas, you jump right in with the assumptions and insults. It is you "progressive", hate-mongering, morons that people are trying to get away from.
Floydmatic

Abingdon, MD

#37 Oct 9, 2014
mgp wrote:
wow...2.95 a gallon sounds great. Im from Texas and we are paying 3.59 a gallon. Im thinking about moving to Montana, but would like to find a job there first! Any suggestions as to where someone could find a job?

... look at the date fellas, it was 2010 when it was written... wait gas prices weren't that low even in 2010, were they?
.... wish i could move to montana without even seeing the state other than on tv. I have seen colorado and washington state and i love those two places.. been living in MD for 14 years and i've never liked it one bit, not cause of crime or anything but theres just notthing to do here on weekends. i am originally from the himalays (land of everest) and when i see the mountains and rivers and streams i feel home. hopefully i can find my dream place soon enough..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coroner's inquest clears Darby marshal in fatal... (Jul '06) Dec 19 sweetleaf 5
Inmate ends escape try so others could sleep Sep '14 Christsharians on... 2
Steve and Levi Poindexter (Apr '09) Jul '14 levi 11
Warren E. Herbert (Apr '14) Apr '14 Abu Ben Adam 4
Feds, State Police Raid Office of Montana Docto... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
10-year-old faces charges for schoolyard fight ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 zingbust 1
Review: Jonnies Place (Jul '13) Jul '13 S Forsyth 1

Avalanche Warning for Ravalli County was issued at December 22 at 8:06AM MST

Hamilton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hamilton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hamilton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hamilton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]