When Will Renovations Resume at the O...

When Will Renovations Resume at the Old Hoak's Armor Inn in Ham...

There are 32 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from May 28, 2008, titled When Will Renovations Resume at the Old Hoak's Armor Inn in Ham.... In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

There are questions about the old Hoak's Armor Inn on South Abbott Road in Hamburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angola Joe

Livonia Center, NY

#1 May 29, 2008
What about the Block Hotel in the town of Evans ?
Superfast 48

Smithfield, NC

#2 May 29, 2008
Um, Channel 2 shows they "went to the town supervisor" and found the answers to their questions. Why don't you do the same? The town phone #s should be listed in the blue pages of your phone book.
bob

Buffalo, NY

#3 May 29, 2008
Superfast 48 wrote:
Um, Channel 2 shows they "went to the town supervisor" and found the answers to their questions. Why don't you do the same? The town phone #s should be listed in the blue pages of your phone book.
Yeah , go to the town and ask questions about anything.if you find an answer let me know. It would be the first time
Andrea - Orchard Park

Lancaster, NY

#4 May 29, 2008
It's about time they finish it! I live right around the corner and everyone is so sick of seeing the building looking like that....Hope it holds true and they resume work...would be nice to have it finally looking decent on that corner.
mark

AOL

#6 May 29, 2008
this property has been like this for 3 yrs the town does not care they should get so balls an have him clean it or take the dump down.Its an eye sore this guy has something on the town or someone in office that he's taking care of,try having a pile of dirt about 30 ft high in your front yard an see if the town would do something about it or trees laying down since the oct storm(over a yr ago)come on hamburg walters your not that hungry for tax dollars,i'm sure you don't live around this mess,cause if you did i'm sure it wouldn't be a mess!
CHANGE NEEDED

Windham, ME

#8 May 29, 2008
the Buxton is NEXT... RIGHT MR. WALTERS!
mark

AOL

#9 May 29, 2008
Superfast 48 wrote:
i can tell you don't live by this mess.UMMMMMM THE TOWN AFRAID TO HAVE the owner fix his mess just clean it up that would be nice!!
mark

AOL

#10 May 29, 2008
who do you buy to get over looked walters$$$$$$
Eddie

Oxford, ME

#11 May 29, 2008
The Buffalo News Fix-It Column appears every Monday. It featured this property a while back (months or years ago). Walters had the same exact response back then. He made it sound like he actually believed that the owner was going to begin work- "Next Month!" Hey, Walters, "I'm gonna pay my taxes next month! Really!" Hamburg residents: withhold your taxes for a month and see how forgiving the town is. I know that there are limitations as to what the town can do, but they (the powers that be)shouldn't lie to us and tell us that they really believe that this guy is going to start working on this dump. I truly believe that the building is the biggest eyesore in all of the suburbs of Buffalo. It's a shame because it is in such a nice area.
John S

Buffalo, NY

#12 May 29, 2008
I'll believe work will re-start when I see it. That project has been at a standstill for a lot more than one year. I think it has been closer to 3 years that nothing has happened at the site. The Town of Hamburg should be embarrassed for letting such an eye sore stand for such a long time .
Croc Hunter

Purchase, NY

#13 May 29, 2008
John S wrote:
I'll believe work will re-start when I see it. That project has been at a standstill for a lot more than one year. I think it has been closer to 3 years that nothing has happened at the site. The Town of Hamburg should be embarrassed for letting such an eye sore stand for such a long time .

I agree the owner is a degenerate and should be suded by the town, but then again he has Walters in his pocket probably.
Nothing New

Sacramento, CA

#14 May 29, 2008
Funny how no realizes that the money he took out to renovate the home was taken from him. The loan he took out he put into his and his ex-wifes account. Once the money was there the wife took half and left town. Little hard to fix a building for a million when you only have $500,000. Maybe more of you need to learn the back story as to why it hasn't been done.
mark

AOL

#15 May 29, 2008
Nothing New wrote:
Funny how no realizes that the money he took out to renovate the home was taken from him. The loan he took out he put into his and his ex-wifes account. Once the money was there the wife took half and left town. Little hard to fix a building for a million when you only have $500,000. Maybe more of you need to learn the back story as to why it hasn't been done.
who r u thats all bull there's no raeson that property can't be cleaned up it's an eye sore for the neiborhood blame the ex fore his messup 3yrs its been,i'll bet his other place(papajakes)looks better than this.Give it up an sell
just the facts

United States

#16 May 29, 2008
First, let me make this clear his ex took no money if any thing he owes her money. So do not blame the ex wife but put blame where it belongs. The blame belongs on Chris alone. He has all kinds or town officals, city judges and politians in his pocket for some reason. He should be fined and held accountable for once for his actions or lack of action. Channel 2 needs to do alot more digging and get the real story , maybe you should contact his ex wife for the full story she lives in small apartment he forced her and their 2 young sons out of their home.
Barbara

Oxford, ME

#17 May 29, 2008
The owner owes it to the community to see to it that the property gets improved or sold. Lots of people have been mistreated in life. That doesn't give them permission to leave a dump in the middle of town for the world to look at every day on their way home from work. This eyesore is a huge disaster.
Bob Villa

AOL

#18 May 29, 2008
Walters does not have the guts to go after him - nor does the buddy buddy building inspector. I'm sure Walters' wife would go after the owner since she wears the pants in the family.
DUH

Buffalo, NY

#20 May 29, 2008
Nothing New wrote:
Well isn't that pretty f-in stupid if that's what he did. Why take out a loan to remodel a restraunt, and then put it into your ex's account....makes absolutely no sense at all!!
Water You Waiting For

Hamburg, NY

#21 May 29, 2008
Andrea - Orchard Park wrote:
It's about time they finish it! I live right around the corner and everyone is so sick of seeing the building looking like that....Hope it holds true and they resume work...would be nice to have it finally looking decent on that corner.
Yes, because the multi-rental property across the street is sooo attractive. I think a different shade of Tyvek would make a huge difference in the old Inn's appearance. Bring back the metro railcar!
mark

AOL

#22 May 29, 2008
who cares if he ever opens JUST CLEAN UP THE SHIT HOLE.HAMBURG WALTERS EMPTY YOUR POCKETS PLEASE get the site sold an let someone else with experince get the job done right an no excuses
mark

AOL

#23 May 30, 2008
the fire department owns the multi rental soo that will never get cleaned up WHO does the neibors go to for action

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
frontier schools Fri Happy camper 2
Corruption in The Village of Blasdell (Feb '17) Dec 14 John 4
Attn:Adoptees and Birth Parents and Siblings..... (Feb '12) Dec 2 Lisa Farmer 54
Bozannas (Sep '13) Nov 26 Anonymous 4
News Patients are asking for help after Orchard Park... Nov 26 Pat robertson 1
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) Nov 24 SH Brokerage 4
Tesla Riddle Nov '17 Bitch 2

Hamburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamburg Mortgages