First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hamburg Resident

Sussex, NJ

#1 Apr 13, 2010
I recently moved to Hamburg from Morris County, via NYC. I am absolutely disgusted by the carelessness of some not all pet owners. Prior to residing here, I called the town to find out the laws in the county & town in regards to curbing your dog. HAMBURG HAS POOPER SCOOPER LAWS RESIDENTS! It continues to turn my stomache every time I walk my dog & have to avoid PILES of dog feces spread all over the landscape by people who are not responsable enough to pick it up. You know who you are....because if I did I would certainly name you all here. Every time you leave your dogs feces no one pics it up....some one steps in it unknowingly & brings it into their homes & it spreads all over the floors. Even if you don't see it on your shoes or tracks of it across the floor, it's there for your children to sit in, get all over their clothing & hands & spread disease. How would you like it if I let my dog walk into your home & deficate on your floors then spread the disgusting stuff around your home? I'm sure you wouldn't like it & you would even want to sue me. I feel the same way every time I see your dogs feces laying in a pile.
Dog feces is full of bacteria & will most definately spread disease. Next time your child is sick & you bring the child to the doctor & the doctor says "o it must be a virus".....think again....ask your healthcare provider about having dog feces all over your homes......stop leaving it on the ground, pick it up.....it's not only the law but a health concern.
Mommadukes1219

New Hyde Park, NY

#2 Apr 13, 2010
Wow!!! guess I'm not the only one who has a problem with this. I have two dogs and a very large yard where my dogs take care of business and I can clean it up. I get very annoyed when I see people walking there dogs in the front of my home and allow there dogs to do their business then not clean it up. I'm always telling my husband that I should take my dogs to other people's homes and let them go on their lawns. Pick up after your dogs people.
Hamburg Resident

Sussex, NJ

#3 Apr 13, 2010
I feel the same way, my girl went on the property where we used to live & I cleaned it up....I want to print up signs that say "PICK UP YOUR DOG POOP" & staple them onto stakes & stick them in the ground right by the mound! Maybe someone would pay attention & call them out on it.
Mommadukes1219 wrote:
Wow!!! guess I'm not the only one who has a problem with this. I have two dogs and a very large yard where my dogs take care of business and I can clean it up. I get very annoyed when I see people walking there dogs in the front of my home and allow there dogs to do their business then not clean it up. I'm always telling my husband that I should take my dogs to other people's homes and let them go on their lawns. Pick up after your dogs people.
Also a Hamburg resident

Watsontown, PA

#4 May 3, 2010
It's pretty sad that people have the nerve to allow their dogs to deficate on other people's propery to begin with. Do they not realize that people see and are watching them? How about those careless, negligent dog owners that allow their dogs to run through their local area unattended to do their business? I can't tell you how many times I was running late for work because I had to change or clean my shoes because I stepped in my neighbor's dog's calling card.
fed up

Piscataway, NJ

#5 Nov 12, 2010
I have a problem with people walking their dogs and letting them poop or piss on other people's property. They think its alright as long as they pick it up. Now i never seen anyone pick up dog piss, or dog poop residue.
Over time this action of leaving the residue will kill that part of the grass, for all dogs will come back to the same spot that they are familar with and relieve themselves.
cherie

Glen Rock, NJ

#6 Apr 2, 2011
we have a dog walking service and we pick up after all our friends.
walkmydogparsippany.com
VTM

Branchville, NJ

#7 Apr 2, 2011
Please, I have you all beat. We have two neighbors on opposite sides of us who simply open their doors and let their dogs out. Never, ever, ever put them on a leash.... Of course they just wander into everyone elses yards and do their business. It is infuriating to find piles in the middle of your yard when you have children who play outside and you don't own a dog of your own...... Can't figure out if it's audacity or stupidity. The wildest thing is that one of them had two dogs who were hit by a car. They have the nerve to cry and complain about it? It's their fault to begin with. They should be crying their way to jail.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Apr 5, 2011
Fence your yard then dogs cant get in.
VTM wrote:
Please, I have you all beat. We have two neighbors on opposite sides of us who simply open their doors and let their dogs out. Never, ever, ever put them on a leash.... Of course they just wander into everyone elses yards and do their business. It is infuriating to find piles in the middle of your yard when you have children who play outside and you don't own a dog of your own...... Can't figure out if it's audacity or stupidity. The wildest thing is that one of them had two dogs who were hit by a car. They have the nerve to cry and complain about it? It's their fault to begin with. They should be crying their way to jail.
VTM

Branchville, NJ

#9 Apr 5, 2011
menards wrote:
Fence your yard then dogs cant get in.
<quoted text>
Won't take care of them getting hit by cars.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Apr 5, 2011
You can call the cops every time you see the dog off a leash.
VTM wrote:
<quoted text>Won't take care of them getting hit by cars.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Apr 5, 2011
You can also take pictures, video, slap them with a legal complaint. Take them to court for feces clean up fees, yell out the window.... basically be the uber-annoying neighnor. Eventually they will either 1) move 2) start putting there dogs on leashes just so they dont have to be hasseled. Adults are no different that two year olds. Some of them have to be "trained". You "train" an adult by nagging and being a thorn in their side until they change their behavior.

But, if your going to throw stones, make sure your house isnt made of glass. Or you could just stop complaining and deal with it. Balls in your court.
VTM wrote:
<quoted text>Won't take care of them getting hit by cars.
Law

Branchville, NJ

#12 Apr 5, 2011
menards wrote:
You can also take pictures, video, slap them with a legal complaint. Take them to court for feces clean up fees, yell out the window.... basically be the uber-annoying neighnor. Eventually they will either 1) move 2) start putting there dogs on leashes just so they dont have to be hasseled. Adults are no different that two year olds. Some of them have to be "trained". You "train" an adult by nagging and being a thorn in their side until they change their behavior.
But, if your going to throw stones, make sure your house isnt made of glass. Or you could just stop complaining and deal with it. Balls in your court.
<quoted text>
You are a pitifully sad and strange person. I hope you are seeking medical attention.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13 Apr 6, 2011
Law wrote:
<quoted text>You are a pitifully sad and strange person. I hope you are seeking medical attention.
So I am pitifully sad and strange because I tell like it is? It's how the world works, man. How many people will bitch about there boss, or there landlord, that they are always on there case for blah blah blah. Its the same thing. Squeaky gears get oiled. If you sit there and do nothing... Nothing will change. If you think otherwise, YOU are the one that may want to seek some medical attention.. Good day!
JumpUpAndSitDown

Branchville, NJ

#14 Apr 6, 2011
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
So I am pitifully sad and strange because I tell like it is? It's how the world works, man. How many people will bitch about there boss, or there landlord, that they are always on there case for blah blah blah. Its the same thing. Squeaky gears get oiled. If you sit there and do nothing... Nothing will change. If you think otherwise, YOU are the one that may want to seek some medical attention.. Good day!
See? Negative and clearly paranoid. Seriously, seek psychological help.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#15 Apr 6, 2011
I say that only >YOU< can make a difference. And thats negative? How? How is it even >REMOTELY< close tp being "paranoid"? A lot of explaining needed with this one....
JumpUpAndSitDown wrote:
<quoted text>See? Negative and clearly paranoid. Seriously, seek psychological help.
JumpUpAndSitDown

Branchville, NJ

#16 Apr 6, 2011
menards wrote:
You can also take pictures, video, slap them with a legal complaint. Take them to court for feces clean up fees, yell out the window.... basically be the uber-annoying neighnor. Eventually they will either 1) move 2) start putting there dogs on leashes just so they dont have to be hasseled. Adults are no different that two year olds. Some of them have to be "trained". You "train" an adult by nagging and being a thorn in their side until they change their behavior.
But, if your going to throw stones, make sure your house isnt made of glass. Or you could just stop complaining and deal with it. Balls in your court.
<quoted text>
This is clearly the ranting of an unstable angry person who obviously is suffering from illness.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#17 Apr 6, 2011
JumpUpAndSitDown wrote:
<quoted text>This is clearly the ranting of an unstable angry person who obviously is suffering from illness.
Actually, it's fairly sound advice for the person who goes on a message board and bitches about the neighbors who let there dogs run free and crap on other peoples lawns. >YOU< can do something about it. I guess your one of those people that need there hand held through everything in life. Nice try but you fail...
JumpUpAndSitDown

Branchville, NJ

#18 Apr 6, 2011
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's fairly sound advice for the person who goes on a message board and bitches about the neighbors who let there dogs run free and crap on other peoples lawns. >YOU< can do something about it. I guess your one of those people that need there hand held through everything in life. Nice try but you fail...
Actually, I wasn't one of the people having a problem with neighbors and dogs... I simply saw your name and knew you would be putting your angry little nose in other people's business.... I admit curiocity brought me to this post.... and sure enough there you were, preaching your insane opinions.... You are a sick person, probably quite lonely and truly in need of medication.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19 Apr 7, 2011
Sure thing, buddy. Just keep living life with your hat-in-hand. Good Day!
JumpUpAndSitDown wrote:
<quoted text> ...and truly in need of medication.
JumpUpAndSitDown

Branchville, NJ

#20 Apr 7, 2011
I will answer your lame idiom with an old French quote which suits you well, "Vanity is the quicksand of reason".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is plainfield nj mostly Hispanic Aug 14 Anonymous 1
Comet Management (Nov '06) Aug 11 Bobduncan 372
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jul '16 Joh 148
News NJ Water Park Ride Malfunctions, Injures 5 (Jul '12) Jul '16 Truth 3
Vernon is off to good start. Looking forward to... Jul '16 Guest 2
News Gout And Liquor - The Dangers You Need To Know ... (Feb '16) Jun '16 Hamburg_Resd 4
News Vernon dismantles Environmental Jun '16 Guest 1

Hamburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hamburg Mortgages