Honest discussion about working condi...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 13

Pittsburgh, PA

#42 Mar 31, 2014
We don't hate here in Erie GE.You need jobs also.I hope you get treated well at your plant.
what da hell

United States

#43 May 2, 2014
How is the OHV business doing ? Any layoffs ?
Low wages in Texas

Dallas, TX

#44 May 28, 2014
If you guys want the union down here...by all means I invite you to visit. Their bragging about more production/work to come down here but NOT higher pay. I've always been anti-union admittedly but at least the threat of one would do us wonders. The assemblers up the highway in Denton, TX at Peterbilt are making $25/hr and they're non-union. Those of us who aren't happy with scraps no we are being low-balled.
what da hell

United States

#45 May 29, 2014
If things are that bad , someone needs to get in touch with the UE .Why do you think GE built a plant in Texas ? They are just looking for cheap labor ....
jojobean

Niles, OH

#46 Jun 5, 2014
Hey there ramping up here they hired almost 75 people in the last 3 months.adding a second shift an hiring another 150. Heads up if anyone is looking for a job
geguy60

Pittsburgh, PA

#47 Jun 14, 2014
Im sick of this union in Erie G.E. all they do is protect the lazy worker.Believe me you dont want a union in your plant.
what da hell

United States

#48 Jun 20, 2014
geguy60 wrote:
Im sick of this union in Erie G.E. all they do is protect the lazy worker.Believe me you dont want a union in your plant.

With no union , they will always make 1/2 of what they make in Erie .... Right to work for less state.
Top2percent

Irving, TX

#49 Sep 11, 2014
The working conditions in FW are less than stellar.
The head of HR has clearly stated that there will be no raise for workers hitting their two year mark. There also will be no cost of living increase or bonus. There is complete lack of faith in our HR department. They are only working for the company and not the employees. Management wants to squeeze more work out of us for the same pay. Working for GE in FW is like being an employee at Wal-Mart. Safety issues are a cause for alarm too. I have hear that co-workers have filed complaints with OSHA regarding safety as well.

As far as union goes, there are rumors that one is being formed, but I have yet to see anything. The management has placed anti-union filers on the dept. info boards.

If GE reads this, take this as advice......
Use Peterbilt as an example of how to keep a union out if your plant. If you think you can bleed your employees dry like you do, you are dead wrong.
RealTxWorker

Keller, TX

#50 Sep 12, 2014
Do you even work in the plant Top2?? I agree they need a better plan for raises, more money for harder jobs, but dint think its HRs fault. If we become Peterbilt, get ready to be laid off very other year.
Boomhauer

Dallas, TX

#51 Sep 15, 2014
I have heard rumor of a very high turn over rate , is that true ? People come in , get some training then go to the oil fields ... As far as going without any sort of increase, not even a COLA increase ??
The people in that plant are getting royally screwed !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haltom City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Green Decendants Dec 2 Debbie 1
Paschal High School 80's LGBT Reunion Dec 2 Dana Arnn 6
Review: Branson Dental (May '09) Dec 1 Big bad john 43
Limited spots available for the newest and most... Dec 1 CoachJeffTFW 3
missing people in fort worth area Nov 30 irma Jaramillo 1
News Texas Democrats lament first presidential elect... Nov 28 Graybeard Geezer ... 22
News Application process takes new route (Nov '06) Nov 28 Mary Mindieta 5

Haltom City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haltom City Mortgages