what happened to all the original lab...

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE ORIGINAL LABARE DANCERS FROM THE FORT WORTH 1980-85ISH

Created by ROME-JOSIE on Jun 30, 2010

244 votes

Click on an option to vote

WE WERE THE ORIGINALS

WHOS STILL ALIVE

Armand

Dallas, TX

#127 Jun 20, 2014
I was one of the original La Bare dancers and was featured on the TV show PM Magazine hosted by Leeza Gibons. This was filmed at the original on Northwest Highway. I still have the video show on VHS and need to have it transferred to digital.
great times.
ROME

Rome, NY

#128 Jun 22, 2014
Eric Elam wrote:
I am 'ALIVE" I have been married for 30 years with 2 grown sons and my daughter and for as LaBare in the 80's, those were the days for a youn man.
Today I look back and just think WOW, I can't believe I even danced.
Hey, Rome, David, Jessy, Regis, Larry-Snake, Rod, Easy, Steve Gadd, Steve Tucker, Bubba, Tommy, Ken.
I spoke to Michael W the other day and he is kicking ass.
I am in reach, look me up in tarrant county.
I hope and pray that you all have been as succesful as I have in life for the past 30 years.
I miss all you guys and I would like to see all of you again.
Eric Elam
JESUS LORD !!...I MADE THIS TOPIC BOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO AND NEVER CHECK IT ..I DONT THINK...HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO. .AND PEACE TO YOU ERIC MY OLD AND DEAR FRIEND..I've thought about you alot man all ya'll rod..lectrik..ole Steve Gadd..man o man find me on Face Book my actual frickin NAME IS...Bobby Vance Martin...do it do it YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH Youtube too ive been Frickin Rockin Now fer 30 years straight up Awesome life 4 Beautiful kids all in school and college...THANK JESUS NONE ARENT LIKE I WAS...BUT THEY DAMN SURE LOOK LIKE THE OLD MAN...YES I'M STILL ROCKIN BITCHES...GET IN TOUCH YEAHHHHHH
Patty

Fort Worth, TX

#129 Jun 26, 2014
OMG, I was just wondering what had happened to a lot of the FW guys, so sorry to hear about Rod, he was a great guy. I'm glad to see Eric Elam is doing good, sold him my boa constrictor back in those days that he danced with a few times. Anyone know what has happened to David Dumas(Lectric)?
Also Maryann who worked the door, she was always so sweet.

Hung out at both Dallas clubs a lot too, hated to hear Jerry(Rabbit) died, he was a nice guy, I remember Nick, Rick Savage and so many others.

Man, those were some awesome times, so many memories, I still have 2 calendars and photos from the club, treasured possessions.
DEB

Crowley, TX

#130 Jun 26, 2014
Does anyone now what happened to Gingerbread Man (Jeff) from HOU LaBare early 90's?
DEB

Crowley, TX

#131 Jun 26, 2014
Does anyone know what happened to Gingerbread Man(Jeff), HOUSTON LaBare 1995??? And Jerome, Chaz, Tristin, Romeo...???
Chipper

Saint Louis, MO

#132 Jun 26, 2014
We went to LaBare's on Nw highway and the Ft. Worth. All the guys called me Chipper. We remember Eric Elam, Redbud, Bubba, Carey and all the rest. There was 3 of us from Denton, Texas. Kathy, Cindy, and myself Donna (chipper). Kathy passed away last year from cancer. I moved to Missouri in 1993 with my job. My sister Cindy moved to Mo. in 2007 after her divorce. What is so funny I was on Facebook when I saw a guy named Mervin aka Bubba I wrote him asking if he was the same guy who danced in the 80's at Labare. I got a response back from his ex-wife we are now friends on Facebook. If any gets on facebook look me up Donna Mcbride or Cindy Gonzales I would like to hear from you.
Tennessee57

Vernon, TX

#133 Jun 28, 2014
Does anyone remember a dancer named FLASH?
AWSOME!

I think he was the one that came out in a INDIAN HEADDRESS!

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!
Kelley

Dallas, TX

#134 Jun 30, 2014
Did anyone know David Landry?
Kelley

Euless, TX

#135 Jun 30, 2014
Any of you know David Landry???
ROME wrote:
<quoted text>JESUS LORD !!...I MADE THIS TOPIC BOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO AND NEVER CHECK IT ..I DONT THINK...HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO. .AND PEACE TO YOU ERIC MY OLD AND DEAR FRIEND..I've thought about you alot man all ya'll rod..lectrik..ole Steve Gadd..man o man find me on Face Book my actual frickin NAME IS...Bobby Vance Martin...do it do it YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH Youtube too ive been Frickin Rockin Now fer 30 years straight up Awesome life 4 Beautiful kids all in school and college...THANK JESUS NONE ARENT LIKE I WAS...BUT THEY DAMN SURE LOOK LIKE THE OLD MAN...YES I'M STILL ROCKIN BITCHES...GET IN TOUCH YEAHHHHHH
Jill

Fort Worth, TX

#136 Jul 2, 2014
Tommy Christ is still as good looking as he ever was if not more. He's with me now. Eat your hearts out all you ladies in you 50's!!!
Sissy

Garland, TX

#137 Jul 8, 2014
Well if you can find Paris, I wish you all the luck in the world. He is off the grid.. Would be great to know how he is doing.
Alisha

Euless, TX

#138 Jul 29, 2014
Does anyone remember a dancer named Diamond, he would have worked at la bare in 1980, I would like to get in contact with him if possible. I know he lives in colorado, any contact information would be great. He may be my biological father.
Alisha

Euless, TX

#139 Jul 29, 2014
He would have worked at the one in fort worth.
Alisha

Euless, TX

#140 Jul 29, 2014
Debbie wrote:
Yes he lives in Colorado now, we called him poodle head in High School. He didn't work at the club very long. But I've heard our old classmates taking about him on FB.
I dint know if you will get this now that it has been so long, but I would like to find him if possible. Its nothing bad, I would just like to contact him if possible. I can give you more info as to why if need be.
dakota

Mabank, TX

#141 Aug 4, 2014
I Miss all the good time with Apollo Fabio they were such cool dudes I work with Rick lion heart Randy knight Diamond Dallas Jamie Foxx in the 90's I went by the name dokota but my good friends know me by shawn ...
melissa

United States

#142 Aug 5, 2014
Stage name wrote:
My stage name was Dallas. March 1980 calendar. The first weeks after the grand opening was a total madhouse. I remember the line outside the club was 75 to 100+ ladies waiting to get in at 1am and the club closed at 2am. Wild ladies I must admit. It was Awesome !!!
*Steve are you Steve the show Dallas ? I have several pictures of you and you dance a lot with Anthony ? Melissa
melissa

United States

#143 Aug 5, 2014
Does anyone know what happened to Scorpio Jimmy from Arlington TX Lazare or Colt?
melissa

United States

#144 Aug 5, 2014
Hey Dakota I remember the 90's well at age 20 heading into Labare.. I remember your name as well as Steve, Anthony, Jimmy Scorpio, Colt, Jamie, I have pictures from those days a lot fun. Melissa
Kim

Point, TX

#145 Aug 14, 2014
Nobody's mentioned "SAINT",(Paul), who danced at the original Northwest Hwy. club, then at Lovers later. Great entertainer & became a friend. It was the early 80s. I know he was from up north.
Bad butt Johnny

El Paso, TX

#146 Aug 15, 2014
Kim wrote:
Nobody's mentioned "SAINT",(Paul), who danced at the original Northwest Hwy. club, then at Lovers later. Great entertainer & became a friend. It was the early 80s. I know he was from up north.
I'd like to get in on this. I have been thinking a lot lately about expanding my horizons. Is there a cover charge?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haltom City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Walking Home Stabbed by Woman: FW Police 9 hr drew hardy 1
News CBS' Bob Schieffer is ready for retirement Sun Murphy 1
News Voluntary Evacuations In West Dallas Amid Flood... May 30 Jelf 1
I'm looking for a nice girl. :) (Nov '11) May 27 ostap 18
The Memories of Police officer Henry Paul Mailloux (Oct '08) May 26 anonandonandon 21
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
More from around the web

Haltom City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]