Dead Dogs Tied to Tracks, Hit by Train

Dead Dogs Tied to Tracks, Hit by Train

There are 15 comments on the NBC Dallas story from Jun 28, 2011, titled Dead Dogs Tied to Tracks, Hit by Train. In it, NBC Dallas reports that:

A witness says he saw a group of teen boys tie two dogs to railroad tracks in Haltom City moments before a train ran over the animals Tuesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Dallas.

Julie

Dallas, TX

#1 Jul 16, 2011
If you saw those boys, why in the world did you not do a damn thing about it?
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

#3 Aug 15, 2012
Julie wrote:
If you saw those boys, why in the world did you not do a damn thing about it?
In the article it said that he was too far away to get to the dogs before the train came by.
animal lover

New Albany, IN

#4 Aug 19, 2012
I cringe thinking about how human beings could be so inhumane to man's best friends.
animal lover

New Albany, IN

#5 Aug 19, 2012
Were these boys ever identified/ caught?
Boxer

United States

#6 Aug 19, 2012
Any updates about this horrific crime?
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

#7 Aug 20, 2012
I just looked at he headlines again ,and it said dead dogs tied to the tracks .If they were dead what difference does it make.
Boxer to "wondering"

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2012
If someone you loved was dead, would you want someone to tie them to the railroad tracks so they could be run over by a train? I don't think so!!!!
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

#9 Aug 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="Boxer to "wondering""]
If someone you loved was dead, would you want someone to tie them to the railroad tracks so they could be run over by a train? I don't think so!!!![/QUOTE]We are not talking about someone we are talking about animals.
Boxer

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2012
For those of us who have pets, we love them because they are our family too. When one of our pets dies, we mourn for them and shed many tears. Pets that share our lives everyday and give us unconditional love hold a special
place in our hearts and we would never want one treated badly, even one who has died. Even if these were stray dogs, they still did not deserve to be tied to a track and mutilated by a train.
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

#11 Aug 20, 2012
Boxer wrote:
For those of us who have pets, we love them because they are our family too. When one of our pets dies, we mourn for them and shed many tears. Pets that share our lives everyday and give us unconditional love hold a special
place in our hearts and we would never want one treated badly, even one who has died. Even if these were stray dogs, they still did not deserve to be tied to a track and mutilated by a train.
And no one would kill a cow and chop them up into pieces and run them through a grinder and make a hamburger out of it and eat it.No one could be that cruel.
Boxer

United States

#12 Aug 20, 2012
A cow is NOT a pet.
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

#13 Aug 20, 2012
Oh, I see because a cow does not lick your face and come running when you call , it deserves to die ,but the dog gets to live.The same people that scream about cruelty to animals will say it is ok to tear unborn babies to shreads and abort it.
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

#14 Aug 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="Boxer to "wondering""]
If someone you loved was dead, would you want someone to tie them to the railroad tracks so they could be run over by a train? I don't think so!!!![/QUOTE]I don't think anything should be tied to railroad tracks.It's just that some people put too much value to some animals and not to others.Unborn babies are slaughtered by the millions and people never bat an eye.
Jillian

United States

#15 Aug 20, 2012
From what I read on- line, there are questions as to whether any dogs were actually tied to the tracks. It stated there was one dog whose leash possibly got caught on the tracks but it crouched away enough to still be alive and up for adoption.

And to Boxer and wondering, everyone has his or her opinions as to life and death. Accept it and let's move on.
Dallas cowboy

United States

#16 Aug 20, 2012
OMG!!!! How did y'all go from dead dogs to abortions??

I do however agree with Boxer. If anything like that happened to my horses, I would be totally devastated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haltom City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Bedford 32 min Stephflores13 15
Review: Mayfair Village Animal Hospital (Feb '13) 40 min Harold 3
What happened to Rick Leggett? 6 hr aigiarm 4
gang stalking in dfw Feb 6 Stalked in Grand ... 1
New Youth Flag Football League in the City of F... Feb 5 Metro Flag Football 1
Bulldozer in Arlington Heights Field House in t... (Jul '15) Feb 4 ky andersen 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Candle farts 847
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haltom City Mortgages