Student killed in burglary was 'sweet boy,' mother says

Trenton Houghton's favorite recreation was eating out with his friends. Shogun of Japan on Loop 281 was his favorite restaurant. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
PCH

Rhome, TX

#121 Mar 24, 2010
These "sweet" boys were breaking the law. If he hadn't had been there he would not have been shot. He made the decision, to be blame the homeowner shows what kind of people you really are. Didn't know what you were doing? Even at 10 you would know not to break into someones home in the middle of the night. "Sweet" boys don't break into houses. Its a shame but if he hadn't been there it would not have happened, simple as that.

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#122 May 8, 2010
Chels wrote:
<quoted text>

okay ... i understand they were doing wrong
That pretty well summarizes the situation.

They chose to do something they knew was wrong.

Maybe some other little darlings who might be thinking about doing something like this will think twice.

No sympathy.
TORI

Longview, TX

#125 Sep 21, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
That wasn't a mistake...it was a CHOICE. A mistake is something you don't mean to do. They MEANT to break into this home. His own friend Gregory Allison signed and affidavit stating so. It wasn't a "mistake" until after he got shot. Would it have been a mistake if they had made it out of there with a bunch of stuff?
And the police's report that the boy was being held at gunpoint INSIDE this man's livingroom should be enough to show you they DID get inside his home. I really doubt the man drug them BACK into the house??! About the MySpace, if you don't want people judging you by what's on it or looking at it, don't make it public access for everyone to see. Ever heard of the saying "actions speak louder than words"? His Myspace had nothing to say that people didn't see in his actions anyway. That's what really proved at least what kind of "friends" he had if nothing else. So don't come here and preach about telling us to not judge. You are doing the same thing to the INNOCENT homeowner. Had they never been there, this NEVER would've happen. Learn from his so called MISTAKE....No one is dumping on your friend, just wanting the facts of it all to come out.
I know this is 4 years later but as a good friend of their family I am disgusted to see someone like you arguing a kids death with his at the time young kids friends.....ur a disgtuning....or maybe for these comments u may no longer even bee with us....(hopefully)
rose

Longview, TX

#126 Dec 9, 2010
I am Gregory Allison's mother & this is to Tori!
The police reports are public access and by the way which one did you read? Were you there that night and experience what truly happened? No you weren't, so before you start naming individual's and trying to make yourself feel better about what you are writing; take a look at yourself. Trent is dead...nothing can bring him back and their actions that night changed everyone forever. Remember everyday you make choices, keep that in mind when you judge others about something you only think you know! Luke: 6:37 READ IT!!
Tori, what is your full name? Or you too ashamed to post it.
Heather

Longview, TX

#127 Dec 21, 2010
I think after 4 years this should be put to rest and let the families live in peace. Its a sad story all the way around...Yall really should have more respect for the family of all parties.
Anna

Gatesville, TX

#128 Dec 22, 2010
The fact of the matter is that this sweet boy was in someone elses home in the middle of the night. Some one who he didn't know and did'nt know him. While the loss of his life is a tragedy...to blame the home owner is ridiculous. If you were awoken in the middle of the night and encountered several people in your living room who had broken into your home...with your children asleep inside...how would you have reacted? Would you have taken the time to ask how old they were and if they had done anything like this before? Maybe found out if there Mom/s thought they were sweet? I doubt it. Sweet boys don't break into houses. This boy made his decision and paid a terrible price...his decision. This is one of the more tragic stories I have read in a while, however he was responsible for his own actions.
Lady Justice is a Bitch

United States

#129 Mar 4, 2011
This isn't 1872 ma'am but breaking and entering by law isnt solved through murder. I grew up with trent he was a good kid idk if you know this but when your 16 all that testosterone running through your body makes you do some things you wouldnt regularly do, I know because about 8 years ago I was sixteen. You calling him scum just makes you trashy.
New wrong doing defense

Burleson, TX

#130 Mar 7, 2011
So testosterone makes you break into someone elses house. Is there evidence or a study done to prove it. I highly doubt it. I was 16 once and it didnt make me do it. Heck, I would not have even thought of it. And you are right, it wont solve it, but it is one hell of a deterrent.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Fort Worth, TX

#131 Dec 7, 2011
New wrong doing defense wrote:
So testosterone makes you break into someone elses house. Is there evidence or a study done to prove it. I highly doubt it. I was 16 once and it didnt make me do it. Heck, I would not have even thought of it. And you are right, it wont solve it, but it is one hell of a deterrent.
Yeah I'm late on this and condolences to the family, but if I woke up with strangers in my room, testosterone and the heat of the moment tells me to shoot. It may even be in the back but when your startled from sleeping how will you react? I'm personally jumpy and with my wife next to me, my instincts are to attack and protect at all costs. Hell, they may come back and who knows what theve stolen so it's shoot first worry about other things later. I was 16, and never dared dream of breaking and entering, especially in the dead of night. Besides it's texas everyone has guns; it's a crazy risk you take. I have to agree that the man shooting is in the right. I honestly would have done the same. I'm not risking them turning around on me, what if they had guns? Being woke up to strangers, no way I'm shooting first then calling police! People are sick and twisted I'm not taking chances. He may have been sweet but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was in the wrong. I've known plenty of nice people who would do horrible things. Being sweet is hardly a defense for breaking into someones house. I work hard for what I have so when someone comes to rake my things or my wife is in danger it's us or them.
Anonymous

Kevil, KY

#132 Apr 19, 2013
life lesson learned a little too late.. dont break into houses you can be shot and killed ...
Loser

United States

#133 May 8, 2013
Lady Justice is a Bitch wrote:
This isn't 1872 ma'am but breaking and entering by law isnt solved through murder. I grew up with trent he was a good kid idk if you know this but when your 16 all that testosterone running through your body makes you do some things you wouldnt regularly do, I know because about 8 years ago I was sixteen. You calling him scum just makes you trashy.
You dumbass. You really think I lock my doors for my protection? Hell no. Don't blame testosterone. I will
Shoot anyone with the balls to step
Foot in my house uninvited. I have daughters to protect and if anyone dies, it won't be them. That old man knew one thing... Those guys didn't belong in his home and his daughter was on his mind. Have a child and see what you'd do. Idiot
Still missing him

Euless, TX

#134 Sep 7, 2013
Woke up from a dream I had of Trent. Wanted to see his SWEET face and came across all these disgusting comments. It broke my heart. Especially to hear such horrible things about such an awesome person. Yes, Trent shouldn't have been in the house... Period. That's an obvious fact.... But he also shouldn't have been shot in the back either. He was that one person who could make me -or anyone- laugh. He was literally so full of life and ALWAYS had a smile on his face. He had a rebel side to him but I don't know any teenager who didn't go through a rebellious stage. He just paid the price for his, unfortunately. All these people can talk all they want, but they didn't know the REAL Trent... They can only make uneducated comments about who they've HEARD he was. And as for his mom... And people blaming her.... She LOVED Trent. He was the apple of her eye, her baby, her pride & joy. She LOST a child, a 15 year old child, not a "criminal"... Y'all people remember that when you decide to talk crap. Nothing can ever bring Trent back so I'm thankful for the memories I have with him & the only bad one is of this horrible night, because he was not a BAD kid. Before you point your finger at someone else, please make sure yours is clean. I don't know a single person who hasn't broken the law. Whether it's running a stop sign, red light, cutting through a parking lot, speeding... It's still a crime. I know if Trent was still here, he would've been a successful man & would've looked back on that night and thought how stupid he was. They say only the GOOD die young, rest easy my beautiful friend!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hallsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ibu hamil kalbar butuh ml lebih Sat pecinta hamil 1
Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) Fri Raine 80
man at mcdonald's Dec 18 Sterling Marlin 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Dec 15 Fartman 703
Henderson man charged with manslaughter in 2007... (Feb '09) Dec 15 c tiner 26
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Hallsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hallsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hallsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hallsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:41 am PST

NBC Sports10:41AM