East TX Relocation
experienced

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Mar 11, 2010
We are facing a possible relocation to East Texas... an area that we are completely unfamiliar with. Being parents to 2 young children, we are most concerned with finding an overall decent community with great schools in which to raise our children. Any information you can offer in terms of areas that we should or should NOT consider (&reasons why)will be so appreciated. THANK YOU!
ET Resident

La Porte, TX

#2 Mar 12, 2010
I would look at Hallsville, TX. Wonderful school system, small town mentality, close to Longview and all it ammenities, close to lake o the pines.
All & all, it's probably the best family living in ETX
Dee

Longview, TX

#3 Apr 19, 2010
I agree with ET Resident. I grew up in Hallsville and after being away for 8 years I have brought my children back to grow up here. You still have bigger cities within driving distance. But you have the small town feeling in Hallsville. Hallsville is growing in size as well, we even have a grocery store now! Great town and great people!
gingersnaps2002

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Oct 7, 2010
I am also considering moving to east texas from northeast arkansas. We need to find an area with good jobs and decent priced housing. I'd rather drive to a larger town for work and live in a smaller rural town. How far away is Hallsville from Longview, and are there jobs there? We do plan on having kids so the fact that it has a good school is a plus, what is crime like? Are there jobs in Hallsville or would we have to find work in a nearby town? Are outsiders easily accepted? How awful are the summers there?lol I was born and raised in northeast Arkansas and I think our summers are pretty bad. I was in Orange, TX when I was younger and it was unbearable, with lots of fire ants...is that common everywhere? Thank you for any advice!
Jimmy Isaac

Longview, TX

#5 Oct 10, 2010
Consider. You will have the small community you seek, you will be within 20 minutes of Longview, Marshall, Carthage, Henderson and Kilgore but a town of about 1,500 residents. I promise you, the school system and facilities will bowl you over, and you can't beat the tax rate.
Jimmy Isaac

Longview, TX

#6 Oct 10, 2010
Consider Tatum.
gingersnaps2002

Cabot, AR

#7 Oct 13, 2010
Are there any cheap apartments in or near Hallsville, Longview, Marshall,etc? We just need something 1 bedroom, under $400 per month until me and my husband get on our feet when we move. Not looking for nice expensive, just livable until we can hopefully buy a place.
Jess

United States

#8 Mar 22, 2012
I live in hallsville. Yeah the schools good BUT if you live in the "country" part (3811) its a bit aggravating. I called the sheriff because kids were racing their trucks up and down the toad and into my yard. Completely destroyed it. Anyways the sherriff took 2 hours to get to my house even though he's ten minutes down the road... these kids cut down my fence to get into my pasture they party and leave their dirty undergarments in my barn. Very disgusting. I wouldn't raise my children here but then again im tired of east Texas and especially around longview. Hookers , drug dealers...its ridiculous. Id say don't move to Texas but that's my opinion. Nobody here will tell you about the bad things....but I think id be pissed off if I walled into something and it was complete opposite of what I was told...I've lives here for four Yeats and the only thong my neighbor has said to me is "I'm gunna shoot your cat if it comes in my yard" ...besides him I don't know anybody, majority of the people are rude besides the gay guy at the dollar store. Children around here are spoiled, they all drive brand new mustangs camaros or jacked up trucks. I guess the only good thing about Hallsville is the school...but yeah that's my two cents. But what do I know I'm just 19.
Jess

United States

#9 Mar 22, 2012
I'm on a touch screen experia so pardon my mistakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hallsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unsolved murders (Mar '07) Jun 26 Justices 120
Whay are they Jun 24 maybellene 3
Ron Horaney Jun 14 Etxcitizen 5
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Jessica Dawson Martin is having an affair with... Jun 10 Rambling 15
News Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) Jun 5 Justdfax 87
Billy Joe Montaigne (Jun '11) May '16 Tkays 3

Hallsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hallsville Mortgages