leave your comment here for - karlie ...
Law

Miami, FL

#44 Feb 19, 2013
Julia wrote:
It sickens me to hear her lawyer and parents refer to this as "a tragic accident". Did Karlie accidentally use a fake ID to get drunk? Nope, that was a choice. Did she accidentally get behind the wheel and drive drunk? Nope, another choice she made. Did she accidentally flee after hitting and killing an innocent man? Gosh, the answer is still no...she made the choice to leave the scene and not render any aid to the person she hit. There wasn't a single part of this scenario that anyone with half a brain would call accidental. It was all CHOICES made by an adult. No matter how many bows and ponytails she wears to court, she is no child. She's 20 years old, employed,etc. There are people younger than her accepting and handling great responsibility. It's past time for Karlie to take responsibility for her actions.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Karlie you made terrible choices and now you will pay for them. Daddy and mommy can't help you now except for throwing money at your loosing situation. You better grow up fast because prison time is looming.
Law

Miami, FL

#45 Feb 19, 2013
and for you people who think we're being harsh on Karlie, we are. If all it took was a wrist slap to lean a lesson, we wouldn't be spending millions of tax dollars on prisons.
Parker

Miami, FL

#46 Feb 19, 2013
Omg this is just a nightmare. My prayers go out to all the families. Karlie, I hope you do some good after this is all over.
Kim

Miami, FL

#47 Feb 19, 2013
Bow ties, pony tail, no makeup and long skirt? Really? Who you trying to kidd? Everyone knows how you dress and this is not it.
AAA

Panama City, FL

#48 Feb 19, 2013
How does a 20 year old get a job as a bartender?
MuchAdo

United States

#49 Feb 19, 2013
Daddy can't get you out of this one, even with that high profile lawyer. Enjoy ur last days of freedom cuz ur going down for this. Those children lost their Father forever. I hope the Family can find peace knowing you're off the road and they are gonna clean ur Daddy's bank account out "Party Princess.". Now you'll be "Prison Princess"! Have fun with that one LOSER. I hope you get the MAX! You will be 40ish when u get out, wrinkles and prison tats and can't get a job. U think ur bf will wait? Not. You will probably get yourself pregnant before you're tried. Very sad day for you Loser!
Tom

Newport News, VA

#50 Feb 19, 2013
Despite the laws and promotional campaigns against drunken driving, it was still an accident. I'm not saying she should get off the hook, but I don't think it would do anyone any good to punish her with the full weight of the law.
Wrong Tom

United States

#51 Feb 19, 2013
Tom wrote:
Despite the laws and promotional campaigns against drunken driving, it was still an accident. I'm not saying she should get off the hook, but I don't think it would do anyone any good to punish her with the full weight of the law.
No, this needs to be a hard lesson for other young adults. She needs to do as much prison time as possible. She has to feel the pain for the rest of her life, just like her victims wife and children will. It's a sad situation on all ends.
No Tom

United States

#52 Feb 19, 2013
It's simple... drive drunk, kill someone and the rest of your life is ruined. How many times must this be repeated before everyone gets it? They teach this in drivers education so it's not like you didn't know Karlie.
Arnold

Lynnwood, WA

#53 Feb 19, 2013
Justice would be better served with 20 years of community service and a $250,000 fine than 20 years of prison. As a taxpayer, I don't want to pay the costs of imprisoning people unnecessarily. I'd rather they pay the costs of their crimes if they're cooperative.
Get a life

Pompano Beach, FL

#54 Feb 20, 2013
Julia wrote:
It sickens me to hear her lawyer and parents refer to this as "a tragic accident". Did Karlie accidentally use a fake ID to get drunk? Nope, that was a choice. Did she accidentally get behind the wheel and drive drunk? Nope, another choice she made. Did she accidentally flee after hitting and killing an innocent man? Gosh, the answer is still no...she made the choice to leave the scene and not render any aid to the person she hit. There wasn't a single part of this scenario that anyone with half a brain would call accidental. It was all CHOICES made by an adult. No matter how many bows and ponytails she wears to court, she is no child. She's 20 years old, employed,etc. There are people younger than her accepting and handling great responsibility. It's past time for Karlie to take responsibility for her actions.
She obviously wasn't using her fake id at work.
Get a life

Pompano Beach, FL

#55 Feb 20, 2013
Do you people realize that grown men who rape and molest children get less time than this? Their bond is less than this. This is something that they chose to do. Karlie didn't chose to hit the guy. It was an accident. Kind of like when you accidentally hit someone. Yes it was wrong for her to drive away but you all know that you would be scared out of your mind if it was you.
Get a life

Pompano Beach, FL

#56 Feb 20, 2013
Wrong Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this needs to be a hard lesson for other young adults. She needs to do as much prison time as possible. She has to feel the pain for the rest of her life, just like her victims wife and children will. It's a sad situation on all ends.
Why should we hope that another person's life is ruined? Why would you wish that upon anyone? There is something wrong with you people. She didn't want this to happen. Why should anyone sit in jail their whole life rotting away from an accident? That is a waste of a life. Karlie was definitely not a waste of life. She had a lot going for her and she was going to make something of herself. Just because some people can party and still do good in school doesn't mean you have to hate of them for being able to have fun and get a good education. Her life was better than all of yours now get over it.
A Bartender

United States

#57 Feb 20, 2013
Get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
She obviously wasn't using her fake id at work.
OBVIOUSLY she didn't have to because she was the bartender and Nikki Beach let her drink. Don't be stupid. We have laws in this county for a reason. If you look up the DUI laws in the 60's 70's & 80's they were much, much less strict than currently. They had double the death rates we have now..... do I need to explain the rest? Do the research you idiot.
Julie

United States

#58 Feb 20, 2013
"You has finals next week" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? Your worried about finals when you just killed someone by driving 3 times over the alcohol limit???????
Blondie

United States

#59 Feb 20, 2013
"She has finals next week" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? She is worried about finals when she killed someone by driving 3 times over the alcohol limit???????
I really have to watch what I say here....this girl looks like a spoiled little biatch.....she looks absolutely incensed at the proceedings. And her selfish concern about finals really infuriates me. Snotty little thing. IMO
Ohiogirl

United States

#60 Feb 20, 2013
tragic mistakes have tragic consequences. you should be held accountable
GLongoria

United States

#61 Feb 20, 2013
there were 67,968 hit-and-run crashes in the state of Florida. Of those accidents, 166 involved a fatality. Karlie Tomica, you were one of them. Now do you see why the law is raing down on you? Or are you still worried about your finals?
Similar Case

Miami, FL

#62 Feb 20, 2013
Florida multimillionaire and polo king John Goodman was sentenced to 16 years in prison for his role in the death of Scott Wilson by Florida circuit judge Jeffrey Colbath on Friday.

Goodman was convicted by a jury of DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide on March 23, and the sentencing phase of his trial began on Friday after the judge denied defense attorney Roy Black's motion for a new trial.

"His conduct, from the moment the crash happened to the time he was with law enforcement, was to save himself," Judge Colbath said.
Judge Galbrath said in his sentencing that he did not consider Goodman's wealth nor his decision to go to trial in his sentencing. He did consider Goodman's lack of a previous criminal record, his age and maturity, his behavior after the crash and his level of intoxication at the time of the accident, which was more than double the legal limit.

"His conduct, from the moment the crash happened to the time he was with law enforcement, was to save himself," Colbath said.

The prosecution had asked for a 20 year sentence, but the judge eventually levied the sentence of 16 years plus a $10,000 fine and a permanent revocation of Goodman's driver's license.
MADD

Miami, FL

#63 Feb 20, 2013
Americans take 233 billion trips in cars each year. Of those, about one out of every two thousand trips are taken by those who are driving under the influence of alcohol. Yet, almost one out of every three traffic deaths involve drunk driving.
So a proportionally tiny amount of bad behavior is one of the major causes of death and injury on our roadways.
Every 52 minutes on average, someone is killed in a drunk driving crash (10,228 people in total in 2010). Every 90 seconds, someone is injured because of this entirely preventable crime. You can learn more about drunk driving in your state.
About one-third of the drunk driving problem – arrests, crashes, deaths, and injuries – comes from repeat offenders. At any given point we potentially share the roads with 2 million people with three or more drunk driving offenses. Taking away their licenses isn’t enough; 50-75% of them drive anyway. This is why we need to require ignition interlocks for all drunk driving offenders – we can stop these offenders before they repeat their crimes.
Two-thirds of the drunk driving problem comes from people who, before they kill or injure themselves or others, have yet to be arrested. That’s why we need to support law enforcement to help deter drunk drivers through proven solutions like sobriety checkpoints. It’s also why we strongly support research into technology that will eliminate drunk driving.
We need your help to eliminate this threat – please join us in the fight against drunk driving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hallandale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Cheech the Conser... 1,431,699
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr John-K 311,866
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,475
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,051
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 hr Barmsweb 72,037
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Fri Realtimeloser 98,197
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump Sep 21 Synque 122

Hallandale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hallandale Mortgages