leave your comment here for - karlie ...
Facebook

Miami, FL

#22 Feb 18, 2013
Why did you delete your FB and twitter? The truth!
Your on the news again

Miami, FL

#23 Feb 18, 2013
Your on the news. Covering up your face again. Everyone knows what you look like.
Hahaha

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#24 Feb 18, 2013
AAA wrote:
I hope you learn something in AAA. You owe it to alot of people.
AAA are the people that tow you when your car is broken down. I think you mean AA LOL
Why not

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#25 Feb 18, 2013
Facebook wrote:
Why did you delete your FB and twitter? The truth!
Certainly so she wouldn't have to deal with anonymous people who think they're badasses behind a keyboard messaging her all day.
It could have been you

Hollywood, FL

#27 Feb 18, 2013
How many of all of you can be honest to yourself and say honestly you have NEVER drink and drove: NO ONE CAN BE CLEAN, Have you all made mistakes or freaked out before, then why don't you start thinking that the same way that happened to her it could have happened to you. WITHOUT EXCUSING HER ACTIONS BUT BETWEEN ALL YOU PEOPLE CRUCIFYING HER THINK FOR YOURSELVES AND THINK HOW YOU CAN HELP IMPROVE SOCIETY AND THE NEW GENERATION TO DO THE RIGHT THING. Before judging put yourself in her shoes, perhaps new laws need to be in place to avoid tragedies like this. You are only doing harm by attacking her. What CAN WE DO TO IMPROVE. And my heart goes out to the Riccoletti Family and friends. RIP.
Anthony R

Fort Worth, TX

#29 Feb 18, 2013
You are a worthless human being. As usual, the wrong person always dies in instances like these. I wish Dexter wasn't just a show, and there was someone who went around and took out the trash.
Your boyfriend

Miami, FL

#30 Feb 18, 2013
Karlie, you should hook up with this guy! You guys would make a perfect couple.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.(WSVN)-- A South Florida man accused of a killer hit and run wreck faced a judge and a slew of charges including driving under the influence.
A man is behind bars and faces 25 charges after killing one man and hitting six cars.
"You're charged in count one, DUI causing death to any human," said a judge in court. "DUI with damage of person or property of another is count 3, count 4, count 5, count 6 and count 7."
Twenty-eight-year-old Jose Javier Monserrate-Dural faced a judge Sunday after a string of accidents Saturday morning. The accidents began in Davie and ended in Southwest Ranches. "Essentially he was going against traffic," said Keyla Concepcion. "He ended up side-swiping three vehicles, and finally ended up in a head-on collision with a fourth vehicle."
The suspect was put on to a stretcher after the accidents and was taken to a local hospital for minor injuries after the final crash.
A bicyclist is now dead after Monserrate-Dural swerved and hit him. "He was going into the bike path," said Concepcion, "and struck an adult male that was riding a bike in the bike path."
Drivers panicked when a car sped through the wrong side of the rode and didn't slow down. "I thought I was in a movie to be honest," said Julian Cantillo. "I was like,'Holy crap, this guy is coming straight at us. Is he gonna stop?' You know, but he didn't. We got lucky."
Witnesses said they saw police chasing the suspect. The police was chasing a car very fast," said Ramon Rivera. "As soon as they went by I heard a crash."
The judge has set Monserrate-Dural's bond for almost $68,000. Once he bonds out the judge has stated Monserrate-Dural cannot operate any motor vehicles while on bond.
According to reports, the suspect dealt with a DUI incident less than two years ago.
Ashley

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#31 Feb 18, 2013
I was in jail this past weekend with Karlie for a DUI i got 2 yrs ago. She really is a sweet girl and I feel terrible for her! Yes, it does sound terrible what she did but I honestly believe it really was an accident! It's very unfortunate that the man died but it wasn't intentional or deliberate! She made an honest mistake and was scared! Theres so many people that commit DUI's or even hit and run's and it's just not fair that the media is making her out to be some horrible person when she really isn't! I can tell by talking with her this past weekend that shes genuinely sorry and regrets this ever happening! She could hardly say anything about it without crying. I really hope the judge doesn't slam her with some insane sentence and hope that everything is brought to light (ex, the man jay walking) it was dark! Maybe she didn't even see the man! I hope she gets a fair chance! Good luck Karlie! I'll be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers! Hope you see this!

- the girl with the HEAT tattoo
tai

Miami, FL

#32 Feb 19, 2013
She won't learn from this because she feels she is entitled. It's this generation they just don't care. What a shame.!
Jail Time

Miami, FL

#33 Feb 19, 2013
Now that you got a "taste" for sleeping in jail and eating jail food what are your thoughts?
Bob J

Miami, FL

#34 Feb 19, 2013
You cried to your parents about missing school work due to the trial, saying, "I have finals next week…"?!? The man you killed had a wife and kids!!!!!! What about them????? Where do you come from? Your mother and father raised you with a silver spoon in your mouth and now you will be using a plastic spoon for the next 15 years.
Reporter

Miami, FL

#35 Feb 19, 2013
Bob J wrote:
You cried to your parents about missing school work due to the trial, saying, "I have finals next week…"?!? The man you killed had a wife and kids!!!!!! What about them????? Where do you come from? Your mother and father raised you with a silver spoon in your mouth and now you will be using a plastic spoon for the next 15 years.
Honey you can kiss an good education good bye. Even if you get a degree, no one is ever going to hire you with a criminal recorded like the one your about to have.
Google

Miami, FL

#36 Feb 19, 2013
Yeah, I just read that too... All she can think about is finals next week rather than the wife of the man she killed sitting across the room. You make me sick Tomica.
Stupid

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#37 Feb 19, 2013
AAA wrote:
I hope you learn something in AAA. You owe it to alot of people.
What's AAA? Isn't that an auto help line? God you people are idiots.
Get a life

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#38 Feb 19, 2013
99% of you are hateful and deserve to go to hell for talking about someone like this. The fact that you wish something so badly on someone is pathetic. Do something else with your life, worry about your kids and your family.
S Baker

Miami, FL

#39 Feb 19, 2013
Ashley wrote:
I was in jail this past weekend with Karlie for a DUI i got 2 yrs ago. She really is a sweet girl and I feel terrible for her! Yes, it does sound terrible what she did but I honestly believe it really was an accident! It's very unfortunate that the man died but it wasn't intentional or deliberate! She made an honest mistake and was scared! Theres so many people that commit DUI's or even hit and run's and it's just not fair that the media is making her out to be some horrible person when she really isn't! I can tell by talking with her this past weekend that shes genuinely sorry and regrets this ever happening! She could hardly say anything about it without crying. I really hope the judge doesn't slam her with some insane sentence and hope that everything is brought to light (ex, the man jay walking) it was dark! Maybe she didn't even see the man! I hope she gets a fair chance! Good luck Karlie! I'll be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers! Hope you see this!
- the girl with the HEAT tattoo
You need to go back to jail. Stupid girl.
S Baker

Miami, FL

#40 Feb 19, 2013
Get a life wrote:
99% of you are hateful and deserve to go to hell for talking about someone like this. The fact that you wish something so badly on someone is pathetic. Do something else with your life, worry about your kids and your family.
Wanting justice is not pathetic. She worked at famous Nikki Beach, called herself party princess, tweets about her drinking, killed a well known chef and runs..... what do you expect?
I'm sure everyone wished this would have never happened but it did and now she has to pay the price, unfortunately. She knew what she was doing, she tweeted about it and had a fake ID.
Similar Case

United States

#41 Feb 19, 2013
Similar case, similar charges. READ THIS KARLIE.
MIAMI (WSVN)-- The driver accused of striking and killing a cyclist on the Rickenbacker Causeway in January 2010 pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter Tuesday morning.
According to Miami-Dade Police, Carlos Bertonatti struck Christopher Le Canne while he was riding his bike on the Rickenbacker Causeway, in January 2010. Police say Le Canne's crushed bike was dragged for blocks before Bertonatti was stopped by police. Le Canne was later taken to a hospital, where doctors would pronounce him dead.
Bertonatti pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter and apologized to the victim's family in court. He spoke directly to the victim's brother saying the incident changed his life and that he made a tragic mistake.
He said he wanted to speak to the family since the accident but was instructed by lawyers not to do so. He also added that he has a brother close to the victim's age and empathizes with the family's loss.
Bertonatti pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter with failure to render aide, two counts of resisting arrest without violence, and fleeing and alluding a police officer with lights and sirens.
According to attorneys, Bertonatti could face anywhere from 11 to 37 years in prison.
Bertonatti's sentencing has been scheduled for May 2.
Garcia

United States

#42 Feb 19, 2013
Wow, this story has gone viral. Seen this on Facebook, twitter, channel 7 news. I pray for both families. Heartbreaking.
Julia

Old Hickory, TN

#43 Feb 19, 2013
It sickens me to hear her lawyer and parents refer to this as "a tragic accident". Did Karlie accidentally use a fake ID to get drunk? Nope, that was a choice. Did she accidentally get behind the wheel and drive drunk? Nope, another choice she made. Did she accidentally flee after hitting and killing an innocent man? Gosh, the answer is still no...she made the choice to leave the scene and not render any aid to the person she hit. There wasn't a single part of this scenario that anyone with half a brain would call accidental. It was all CHOICES made by an adult. No matter how many bows and ponytails she wears to court, she is no child. She's 20 years old, employed,etc. There are people younger than her accepting and handling great responsibility. It's past time for Karlie to take responsibility for her actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hallandale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,432,173
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Mothra 61,479
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 71,055
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zef 311,873
Heroin in Opa Locka (Oct '12) 5 hr Bohohboy 22
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 98,198
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun Barmsweb 72,037

Hallandale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hallandale Mortgages