Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,958)

Showing posts 299,141 - 299,160 of303,142
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your premise works on the assumption that all men are 'good men'. We both know that's not the case, and that deadbeat dads (and moms) are actually quite common.
When you figure out a way to physically bind a man to his unborn progeny for nine months, allocating to his body all the risks of gestation, let me know.
I live in a house, in a very quiet neighborhood - if you think living in a trailer park is somehow shameful, don't buy a trailer.
I'm quite aware that you are in no way 'holier' than I ...perhaps you should stop trying to be.
What's a 'crack pipe'?
You're responding to something I said to the poster "dedbebbies", are you that poster? First of all, if so, who the hell would come onto an abortion forum with such a fk'ed up name? You're not here for debate, or even capable of intelligent conversation, you just want to spew your ignorance. Secondly,... no, clarify that you're not ďdedbeebiesĒ before I even waste my time.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That philosophy is so equivical and ambiguous that it is useless. It leads one to believe in nothing.
Au contraire, my narrow-minded friend....it leads one away from what YOU believe, that's all.

You've just proven, once again, that you're completely ego-centric, and without the desire to expand your horizons one millimeter beyond your comfort zone.

But of course, you've shown this attitude consistently.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead.
But the fact that one judge MAY decide that one man owes one woman damages, is not what the question was, and I'm pretty sure you knew that already. You're desperate to show that a man has just as much invested in a pregnancy as a woman does, that you're going to pretend that exceptions are the rule.
There is no law, civil, or otherwise, that states a man is financially responsible for a woman's pregnancy, prenatal care, labor and delivery. None.
No bit, I'm not desperate to show anything, in fact, I canít believe you donít get it, and want me to prove it. There doesnít have to be a specific law that specifies maternity costs, there are civil laws on the books that cover this, as well as case precedence. Many States can sue to establish Paternity so that they may sue the father for reimbursement of medical costs. Many single mothers, who donít have the financial means, rely on the State to pay, so they canít sue, but the State can, and sometimes do. But any woman who endures the costs of her pregnancy is entitled to sue the father for his share of responsibility, and they will and do win, it's a no brainer bit.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What sounds like a "bad experience"?
You're wrong, the man is not legally financially responsible.
I said nothing about child support. That is a separate issue. Child support is the right of the CHILD, and has nothing to do with the pregnancy.
What can I say Bitner, the man, after confirmation of paternity IS responsible for his share of costs, incurred by the woman, or the state for the pregnancy he was partially responsible for. Show me any case or law that excludes him from such responsibility.
Bitner wrote:
<
Nope, actually SCOTUS agrees with me, despite your desperate twisting of RvW.
I bet that when your wife was pregnant, you used to say "we're pregnant", didn't you?
How did I twist R v W? Language from the decision clearly states that once a woman is pregnant there are other interests than just her right to privacy. Look it up Bitner, prove me wrong, I'm not going to provide links and quotes for common knowledge just because you're too lazy to look and read for yourself.
Bless the Child

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We are all born with clean slates. You and your kind wish to inflict guilt, shame, hatred, and bigotry on the young, at as young an age as possible.
Teaching a child to fear a being he/she cannot see, to hate others for their differences, to feel guilt over bodily pleasure, and shame for doubting 'god's' existence, is child abuse.
You folks and your cult annoy the crap out of me.
"We are all born with clean slates. You and your kind wish to inflict guilt, shame, hatred, and bigotry on the young, at as young an age as possible."

Of course not dear. Bess the Child is what God demands. The love of the children is paramount in his kingdom. You have obviously had very bad experiences that have made you so angry and filled with rage. I have found that many atheists have that same anger and need to lash out at God and His followers. I forgive you and pray for you. You are and always will be a child of God, as am I. We are all the same in the eyes of Our Lord.

Let me leave you with this message of hope.

"Where you are today is no accident. God is using the situation you are in right now to shape you and prepare you for the place He wants to bring you into tomorrow. Trust Him with His plan, even if you don't understand it."

God Bless you
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I like that one :)
Why can't he pull out his visa card? Who sets the moral standards in the lives of others?
Bless the Child

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, since my abortion was of an ectopic pregnancy, I accorded the embryo in question ENORMOUS significance. I saw it as a direct and immediate threat to my life, and as such, I had it removed from my body immediately. It died, of course, but I didn't, and it would have died with me if I had, anyway.
Also, as I said, I've given birth twice. In MY opinion, those z/e/f's contained in my body were of great and lasting significance. I have two sons to show for them.
I've miscarried five times. I accorded those z/e/f's contained within my body, great but impermanent significance, as they never materialized as people once they were out of my body.
So, my answer is, the fetus is of significance to the abortion issue in varying degrees, relative to each individual pregnancy....in MY opinion, as borne out by my actions.
As far as a z/e/f contained within anyone else? Not my business.
Try again?
"I've miscarried five times. I accorded those z/e/f's contained within my body, great but impermanent significance, as they never materialized as people once they were out of my body."

That explains a great deal regarding your rage. I can understand your normal human anger at God for these tragedies. Sometimes we as mere mortals have to struggle with God's plan.

I am truly sorry and pray your pain is eased.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he did.
He thought it made him look involved.
Actually though, if his wife had decided to abort their daughter, there wouldn't have been a bloody thing he could have done about it, and that thought just eats at his bones like acid.
Even though she didn't.
It's not about the 'bitch nurse', who suggested alternatives to bringing their daughter into the world if she was affected with Down's Syndrome...it's about the fact that IF his wife hadn't been willing to risk giving birth to a Down's baby, she wouldn't have had to.
The concomitant fact, that men can't legally force a woman to abort, either, is completely lost on this dude....he doesn't figure he'd ever DO that, so what's the big deal....?
He would consign us all to gestation, or abortion, at the discretion of our 'menfolk' if he could. I suspect he's gotten a woman pregnant, who DID abort, and he took it personally.
Insecure men, know the women they desire deserve better than them.
Classic.
Wow, you're a complete idiot, but I do feel sorry for your pathetic ass for not knowing what a true relationship between a man and woman is.
When we were told that OUR fetus tested positive for Downs we were in shock, and about five minutes later some bitch nurse came over to us and offered only information on how to abort, and even pushed saying that we only had a limited time to do so.
I was against abortion, but my concerns were for my wife and son, since I worked long hours it would be mostly up to my wife to have to raise the downs baby, and it would impact upon the attention we could give to my son. We didnít address it for a couple of days, and we took time to think and consider each otherís perspective. When we did sit down to talk about it, I told her the decision was hers and I would support it since she would have to bear most of the consequences, her eyes lit up and said "letís have her we'll love her no matter what." Her only fear was that I would ask her to abort, and my fear was that she might want to abort. We considered each other, as well as OUR potential growing fetus, and a few months later our beautiful, intelligent daughter was born, without Downs.
So, you see, simpleton, it was not about control, it was about being a big enough person to put life's reality into perspective and dealing with all considerations. Again, I feel sorry for you that you canít understand the reward of dealing with life's complexities, but you just keep beating your drum "dedbebbies" I'm sure a carnival is hiring somewhere...
Bless the Child

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasoning behind their agreement is based in scripture itself.
And yes, the 25th of December is a false date, the biblical scholars agree that it is.
Those that insist on this date should acknowledge that it is a "pretend date" chosen to celebrate their Messiahs bday and be done with it.
"And yes, the 25th of December is a false date, the biblical scholars agree that it is."

That is inaccurate. No one is sure of the specific date of the birth of Our Lord. The 25th is the commonly accepted date to celebrate His birth. However,no biblical scholar of any repute has ever definitively stated this is or is not the day of our Saviors birth.

The date is less relevant than the actual event and meaning of the birth of Our Savior.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I am calling you a hypocrite. You apply different values to life while claiming all life is precious. A contradiction.
I am referring to RvW and the first trimester, are you referring otherwise? Their is NO difference in a fetus conceived by consensual sex or rape. This is where your contradiction lies. But you knew that.
Wow, I'll type slowwwwly for you. The difference between rape and consensual sex is that rape puts an undue, extreme mental burden on the woman carrying it, far succeeding legal considerations of a woman pregnant by consensual sex merely defending her choice by her implied right to privacy. If you understood R v W, you would understand that arguments for a woman raped would not only have rights to privacy but an even more compelling argument for the State to protect her health/life over the fetus. I'm not a hypocrite, you're just kinda slow to understand.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
As cpeter in all his wisdom would say......do you want a cookie?
LMAO, only you would see Cpeter as wise......

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some dorky moments and admit these freely.
But I am not a whale's penis!
:-p
lol, there you go, when all else fails, like honesty, integrity, speak of your fantasies...BTW whales tell me you're like throwing a tennis ball down a hall way...

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever read Chicky's posts regarding the family she knew whose OB doctor failed to tell them about their fetus' brain not growing properly? The baby was born, and was (i think) 8yrs old the last time Chicky discussed it. This little girl, who continues to grow and use resources, is never going to mature beyond that of a 3 MONTH old. Chicky has watched this once affluent family lose everything. And why? Because a PL doctor refused to allow his patient to face the facts of her very own pregnancy and make a determination that would affect/benefit her family in the long run.
Seems to me, you and Chicky represent both sides of the same coin. And that is what happens when extremists are running the show. Good for you and your wife's ability to make your own decisions. Others are not so fortunate.
I am one of those who never forget others are not so fortunate. And that it's not my place to impress upon them what I think it important or not.
Well, my dislike for Chicky begins at her lack of integrity/honesty, so I take what she says with little consideration. But I do agree with you that both sides must understand the entirety of the abortion debate, and that both sides have legitimate and compelling arguments and considerations. My biggest argument the past few weeks have been at those on the PC side that demean the significance of the fetus, but I do agree and understand that the PL are as guilty when it comes to for getting the consequences it wants to impose on woman for their own selfish beliefs sometimes.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

It doesn't bother me, but then I wasn't in a formalized, committed relationship with you. But it certainly doesn't lend you any credibility as a moral authority.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine said God only supplies a man with enough blood for one head at a time. Yet again why does what I did bother anyone? Lust is a normal part of us right?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

The only other interest mentioned in RvW is that of the state, and even that is limited.as well as strictly voluntary.

Nobody on the PC side is stupid enough to remove RvW's protections, especially given the vicious attacks on women's rights the PLM in recent years.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>And that's your opinion Cpeter, it's really no different than the extremists that made abortion illegal before Roe v Wade, considering only one sides interest. When a woman becomes pregnant there are more interests than just her right to privacy, per Roe v Wade. I swear, there are as many PC people here that are against R v W as there is PL, why donít we just throw it out if neither side agrees with it?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Any nominally invasive medical procedure has to be done by a licensed medical professional, twit. State medical standards are NOT the same as the 'state's interest" described in RvW.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>We've had this argument before buckwheat, apparently you've forgotten what I taught you. The State's interest is what mandates that an abortion be done by a licensed medical professional in the first trimester in all States, and the State's interest is what allows regulations on abortion in the second trimester. So, no, the SCOTUS did not only allow state's interest in the third trimester, as you claim, it also has interest in the woman's maternal health, which allows regulation and restrictions on abortion before the third trimester.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Morals are a subjective construct and vary from person to person; thus, they are a piss-poor basis for laws that govern us all. Enumerated rights are a far superior way to deal with social issues.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>You know Cpeter, I'm really beginning to think that you are incapable of any concept of moral thinking. Anytime any one mentions morals you babble on about some buttinthesky. A very fundamental moral thought for man would be that human life is precious, when it comes to potential human life, it must be weighed against existing/established human life, but that doesnít make it any less precious.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex before marriage increases the chances of divorce alone. So why do we do it? Christians or not? Because we are humans and do many things not good for us. That's the whole reason God set His Son.
There's no other way for us to be saved.
We ALL will mess it up, if it can be messed up.
Some more than others, but all means all.
Believe it or not, many people don't want to be married. To think that sex is only appropriate only for married people is a ridiculous fantasy.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
It doesn't bother me, but then I wasn't in a formalized, committed relationship with you. But it certainly doesn't lend you any credibility as a moral authority.
<quoted text>
You're right cp, and if you want to know what I think it made me? A SSS.
SELFISH-SELF-CENTERED-YOU Can plug the last one ;)

Yet why does it matter if you and your partner is in a commited relationship?
Who sets your moral standards?
What makes them superior?

I am most likely the most out of th box Christian you shall ever encounter.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Believe it or not, many people don't want to be married. To think that sex is only appropriate only for married people is a ridiculous fantasy.
Thanks for the note from the counter of the obvious :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 299,141 - 299,160 of303,142
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hallandale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hallandale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance