Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,913
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#287544 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just love it when people say they are NOT for something,yet spend all their time defending the very thing they say they are NOT for? Lol
Before the election I was talking to a woman who said she would NOT be voting, and was NOT for obama, yet she spent all her time posting links to show how "good" obama was.
Who are "they"? I defend people's freedom to make their own decisions...and that includes you, too. You have the right to make your choices and other people have the right to make their choices...and I have the right to make my choices.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#287545 Mar 1, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
The coronor will charge the person with fetal murder. As well he should. No pagan law here.
When exactly did coroners get the authority to charge people with crimes?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#287546 Mar 1, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone does things out of selfishness. Whether it's good or bad is very subjective. Let's play out a scenario. We have a 16 year old pregnant girl. She plans on dropping out of school in order to care for her child. She's no longer with the boy who impregnated her and he's made it clear that will not help raise the child. Her parents turned her out on the street due to the pregnancy so she's living in a halfway home. She plans on getting on government assistance so that she has some way of raising her child. A couple knows of this girls situation and has offered to adopt the child. The couple is wealthy, has been married for a long time and cannot have children of their own. The girl does not want to adopt the child to this couple because she wants to keep and raise the child despite the fact that she's not really in a position to do so. Knowing that this couple can provide way better for the child and give the child a better life, do you think the pregnant girl is being selfish for not wanting to give her child to this couple? After all, she's putting her wants and desires before what may be best for her child.
Her wants and desires would be selfish because she is immature, giving the baby up for adoption is the better way to do things, this girl would do the most unselfish thing, giving her child to someone who can raise her baby . This girl would have been counceled on this and would have surrendered the baby in the long run. The whole family would have been in counceling. Aborting this baby would be a selfish act.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#287547 Mar 1, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text> Her wants and desires would be selfish because she is immature, giving the baby up for adoption is the better way to do things, this girl would do the most unselfish thing, giving her child to someone who can raise her baby . This girl would have been counceled on this and would have surrendered the baby in the long run. The whole family would have been in counceling. Aborting this baby would be a selfish act.
Thank you for answering. Mind you, no one said anything about abortion. The girl in question wants to give birth and she feels she's the best one to parent the child as she's the one who's going to give birth to it. Do you feel she's wrong for being selfish enough to be a mother to her child as opposed to giving it away to someone else?
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#287548 Mar 1, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be wrong.
As for your last sentence, not only do YOU disrespect others, hypocrite, but shows only that I have no respect for you. You have earned nothing but contempt and disrespect from me, Knutter.
Go peddle your lies elsewhere, Admitted Liar. You have no credibility here.
Is there a human (other than yourself) who you'd try to save from being killed?
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#287549 Mar 1, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You speculated that the doctors took too long in treating the woman. Your point being....?
The point being that delay in administering antibiotics is a plausible explanation for why she died. Your proabort friend was definitive that the pregnant mother died because she did not intentionally kill the human in her womb (i.e. induced abortion). An independent group is investigating the case. Hopefully, they will publicly release its findings.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#287550 Mar 1, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that. My post had nothing to do with your 20% figure except to ask where you got it. A question you still haven't answered.
Where did you get that 20% figure?
Why would Wiccans have hospitals where most hospitals are secular anyway? We're not trying to convert people. Plenty of Wiccans and Atheists in healthcare, doing their jobs without the need to push beliefs on others.
Bhitler: "Why would Wiccans have hospitals"

So, you're saying there are no Wiccan or Atheist hospitals?

20% of patients in America are treated at Catholic hospitals.

Catholic Charities also helps more poor & needy than any other organization in the world.

You attack the Catholic Church, but you must admit it does a lot of good in this world.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287551 Mar 1, 2013
Believe it or not, you are not the only person on earth to have contact with christianity. Not to mention that you people never shut up about what your zombie carpenter wants--too bad you can't all agree on it.

"Bad gay guy"? Are you in kindergarten? Since being gay is a trait, not a belief, how would being bad relate to being gay?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know how a christian should act? It would be like me calling you a bad gay guy, even though ai don't have a clue what a good gay guy looks like.

Indianapolis

#287552 Mar 1, 2013
They are getting it right--they are making their own decisions about something that is none of your business.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a statement, from someone who defends a womans right to "reset " her life, by taking that of an unborn child.
Don't you think if abortion was illegal, and even carried big penalties, that women would try and be more like you atheist, and get it right the first time?

Location hidden

#287553 Mar 1, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for answering. Mind you, no one said anything about abortion. The girl in question wants to give birth and she feels she's the best one to parent the child as she's the one who's going to give birth to it. Do you feel she's wrong for being selfish enough to be a mother to her child as opposed to giving it away to someone else?
To it? Wow, such disrespect. Nowadays not too many young girls would try to raise the BABY. Crisis pregnancy centers would help the girl with material things and a counselor . I am sure that there is a counselor for the girl and parents. Around here a young girl decides not to abort and not to have her child adopt, the grandparents help out, so much they end up adopting the baby. It is selfish for her to think she can raise a child in todays world and end up giving the baby to the grandparents, most young girls would opt for adoption. This is a reason for abstinence . Parents need to teach that pre marital sex is wrong.

Indianapolis

#287554 Mar 1, 2013
Respect is earned. You haven't done so.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>I would figure since you say you are a mother, that you must have been an extremely mean mother, after all you put yourself first. Another thing, your post shows you disrespect others.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#287555 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know how a christian should act? It would be like me calling you a bad gay guy, even though ai don't have a clue what a good gay guy looks like.
A good gay guy acts like any good person acts like. What does a good Christian act like? The "Christians" here don't act like what I was taught a Christian should be. I grew up in a Christian house.... Aren't you supposed to emulate Christ? One doesn't have to be a Christian to know that you shouldn't act the way most Christians behave here.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#287556 Mar 1, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text> To it? Wow, such disrespect.
You're looking for disrespect where none was intended. I said "it" instead of assigning a gender as gender is irrelevant to the discussion.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowadays not too many young girls would try to raise the BABY.
I respectfully disagree with you on that. Many young girls do keep and raise their child.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Crisis pregnancy centers would help the girl with material things and a counselor . I am sure that there is a counselor for the girl and parents.
That's great.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>Around here a young girl decides not to abort and not to have her child adopt, the grandparents help out, so much they end up adopting the baby.
You just contradicted yourself. If the grandparents adopt the child, it's still considered adoption.
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
It is selfish for her to think she can raise a child in todays world and end up giving the baby to the grandparents, most young girls would opt for adoption.
In an earlier post, you feel abortion is selfish and now you feel it's selfish for a young girl to keep and raise her child instead of giving it up for adoption. May I ask in what situation do you feel it's *not* selfish for a girl/woman to keep and raise her child?
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a reason for abstinence . Parents need to teach that pre marital sex is wrong.
Abstinence is great but not realistic. Teens are going to have sex whether or not their parents approve. I would rather teens know about safer sex practices so that if they decide to go ahead and have sex, despite their parents objections, at least they know how to protect themselves in order to reduce the risks of STD's and pregnancy. Keeping them ignorant of such practices does *not* stop them from having sex, they just have unprotected sex and put themselves at risk for STD's and pregnancy.

Atrisco Village

#287557 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So your friend sto, is more like Jesus had in mind?
People that have never had kids can tell folks how kids should be raised, so are they right?
Why not? Just being a parent doesn't make you better at it than a non-parent who is smarter or more stable or more sensible than you. I know some moms and dads who are clueless, don't you?

Atrisco Village

#287558 Mar 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a statement, from someone who defends a womans right to "reset " her life, by taking that of an unborn child.
Don't you think if abortion was illegal, and even carried big penalties, that women would try and be more like you atheist, and get it right the first time?
No. Absolutely not. Look at what is happening in countries, where abortion is illegal and punishable. Besides, making it illegal would be wrong, if we are Americans. The Supreme Court decision means something, honey. Read it. Why are you so repelled by educating yourself?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287559 Mar 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a human (other than yourself) who you'd try to save from being killed?
Of course. Many. But not by removing someone else's right to decide what will, and will not, happen inside their own uterus. And not by forcing them to act as life support for someone else against their will.

And guess what? Whining on a message board saves no one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287560 Mar 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying there are no Wiccan or Atheist hospitals?
Catholic Charities also helps more poor & needy than any other organization in the world.
You attack the Catholic Church, but you must admit it does a lot of good in this world.
You haven't answered the question. In fact, you left part of it off. How typically dishonest of you.

And you also haven't answered where your 20% figure comes from.

You're deflecting.

Any good done is outweighed by covering up for, and enabling, child rapists. Period.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287562 Mar 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No. Absolutely not. Look at what is happening in countries, where abortion is illegal and punishable. Besides, making it illegal would be wrong, if we are Americans. The Supreme Court decision means something, honey. Read it. Why are you so repelled by educating yourself?
You'll forgive me, but this one has his head up his ass. I already pointed out the fact that in countries where it's illegal, the rates are near our own, but that in Canada where it's not restricted, the rates are lower than here. He ignored it completely.

Location hidden

#287563 Mar 1, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're looking for disrespect where none was intended. I said "it" instead of assigning a gender as gender is irrelevant to the discussion.
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree with you on that. Many young girls do keep and raise their child.
<quoted text>
That's great.
<quoted text>
You just contradicted yourself. If the grandparents adopt the child, it's still considered adoption.
<quoted text>
In an earlier post, you feel abortion is selfish and now you feel it's selfish for a young girl to keep and raise her child instead of giving it up for adoption. May I ask in what situation do you feel it's *not* selfish for a girl/woman to keep and raise her child?
<quoted text>
Abstinence is great but not realistic. Teens are going to have sex whether or not their parents approve. I would rather teens know about safer sex practices so that if they decide to go ahead and have sex, despite their parents objections, at least they know how to protect themselves in order to reduce the risks of STD's and pregnancy. Keeping them ignorant of such practices does *not* stop them from having sex, they just have unprotected sex and put themselves at risk for STD's and pregnancy.
Abstinence has worked for thousands of years. What stopped them from having sex is we actually had respect for ourselves, we knew it was wrong, we had a father and mother who taught it was wrong. This was going on in society for thousands of years. Yep, thousands of years and now all of a sudden its wrong to teach your kids morals.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287564 Mar 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.

Annually, there were 129 million people seen in hospitals in 2011.

http://www.aha.org/research/index.shtml

Catholic hospitals serve only 5.5 million annually.

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/he...

Sorry Stinky, that's not 20%.
No they dont. That would be United Way.

http://www.forbes.com/top-charities/
Any organization that's harmed as many chilren and DELIBERATELY is STILL hiding it, is one the world could do without.

Have they dont good? Yes. Have they also done great harm? YES.

Ratzi the Nazi not being in charge anymore is a good start at mending their ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hallandale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,172,540
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Captain Yesterday 50,289
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 min King George 96,835
Attn: Adoptees and Birth Parents and Grand Pare... (Feb '13) 2 hr joannyadoptees 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Frijoles 71,539
Review: Jetset Charter 9 hr Bensoens 2
Review: Mount Hermon Baptist Church 11 hr Abraham Flynn 1
Hallandale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hallandale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:47 pm PST