Eat soup from local chefs/restaurants...

Eat soup from local chefs/restaurants; benefit Santa Cruz Homeless Services Ctr

There are 6 comments on the Examiner.com story from Apr 11, 2011, titled Eat soup from local chefs/restaurants; benefit Santa Cruz Homeless Services Ctr. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

This Thursday, April 14, you can eat lots of great soup from local chefs and restaurants and benefit the Homeless Services Center in Santa Cruz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Craig

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2011
It's nice to see all these local businesses doing their part to help out those in need. These days more than ever there are people who could benefit with the hand up that these services can provide. These businesses should be thanked for offering whatever help they can give.

Unfortunately, our local homeless "activists" can't bother themselves with doing anything substantive and long lasting for those they claim to help. They would never organize such an event. All they offer are words. And words are cheap.
Donny B

Annandale, VA

#2 Apr 12, 2011
And don't forget to provide all the appropriate condiments. One of the local "activists", who shall remain nameless, but has the initials BJ, berated the free thanksgiving dinner in Santa Cruz because salt, pepper, butter, and coffee were not available.

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#3 Apr 12, 2011
Donny B wrote:
And don't forget to provide all the appropriate condiments. One of the local "activists", who shall remain nameless, but has the initials BJ, berated the free thanksgiving dinner in Santa Cruz because salt, pepper, butter, and coffee were not available.
Hell yes, we got to support those people in the way they have become accustomed.
Tom Kuestersteffen III

Palmdale, CA

#4 Apr 12, 2011
Guess who provides ALL the coffee to the Homeless Services Center, year round and free of charge?

Lulu's. Yes, that Lulu's. True story.

Oops. Becky's head just exploded :-)
Craig

San Jose, CA

#5 Apr 12, 2011
Tom Kuestersteffen III wrote:
Guess who provides ALL the coffee to the Homeless Services Center, year round and free of charge?
Lulu's. Yes, that Lulu's. True story.
Oops. Becky's head just exploded :-)
Imagine that.

And BECKY spends hours and hours saying horrible things about the Lulu's guy. Yet here he is supplying the HSC with free coffee all year and helping homeless people get into sustainable housing situations.

I heard he donated a kidney to a woman that used to live under the bridge along the San Lorenzo, just south of The Tannery Arts Center. Otherwise she would have died.

What's wrong with BECKY? She should be praising Srinath, not saying horrible things about him.
Tom Kuestersteffen III

Escalon, CA

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
And BECKY spends hours and hours saying horrible things about the Lulu's guy. Yet here he is supplying the HSC with free coffee all year and helping homeless people get into sustainable housing situations.
I heard he donated a kidney to a woman that used to live under the bridge along the San Lorenzo, just south of The Tannery Arts Center. Otherwise she would have died.
What's wrong with BECKY? She should be praising Srinath, not saying horrible things about him.
I've heard this too, about the kidney he donated to the woman under the bridge, although apparently, it wasn't his own kidney, but rather one belonging to Becks. The story I read in the Sentinel said that he was about to donate his own left kidney, when he saw Becks standing on the Courthouse steps being fat, ugly and stupid, and he thought, "you know, I do all kinds of good things for the indigent, and here's this worthless woman, presumably also with two functioning kidneys that serve only to allow her to pee on a regular schedule. There's no bloody reason two kidneys should be required solely to support her existence, while the homeless woman under the bridge and I have to share a pair. Screw it. I'm taking one of hers".
And so that's how the homeless woman under the bridge was saved. Lulu Guy is a very honorable person for doing this, since Becks would never have voluntarily shared her kidneys with anyone.
At the end of the article, Lulu Guy was quoted as saying that he was now looking for Saunders, because he had just met a homeless guy who needed an extra testicle.
Lulu Guy. What a noble soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Half Moon Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girl bhabhi whatsapp 22 hr govindsingh01 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Leland Yee as State Senator? Jul 27 Nick 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael O'Mahony as Council M... Jul 27 Nick 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Terry Nagel as Mayor? Jul 27 Nick 1
News Drop Anchor at These Must-Stop Seafood Shacks B... Jul 26 Icono Clast 2
News New ferry wharf for Half Moon Bay Jul 23 PortugeeStud 2
News 12 Angry Men decide a boys fate in Half Moon Bay Apr '15 dave 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Half Moon Bay Mortgages