Message in a bottle tossed into the o...

Message in a bottle tossed into the ocean off NJ in 1969 found ...

There are 1 comment on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Message in a bottle tossed into the ocean off NJ in 1969 found .... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The note was sealed in a Schaefer beer bottle. It was dated Aug. 17, 1969 and read: "If found notify the North Haledon Fire Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

anot3

Hartford, CT

#1 Dec 8, 2008
a nice story and imagine the bottle didn't break in all this time. A few years ago, I had my 2 grandchildren put a note into a plastic bottle and seal it and they buried it at Misquamicut Beach. We put the letter inside a ziplock baggie then into the bottle. Never heard a word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haledon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In separate cases, two Paterson runaways found ... Aug 26 Nette 1
News Paterson woman missing for two weeks Aug 24 Nette 1
News Alleged Robbers Trapped in Store by Quick-Think... Aug 21 Patersonian 1
Review: Formula 1 Auto Imports (Oct '08) Aug 12 MINI 21
News Man Arrested for Alleged Liquor Theft of Food B... (Jul '12) Aug 10 the shore 61
Trump's outbursts prove he's unstable Aug 9 Jack 1
News 'He was so excited to finally have human contac... Jul '16 YoLarisa kalasche... 1

Haledon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haledon Mortgages