Beautification of the village

Beautification of the village

Posted in the Hainesville Forum

Jesse

United States

#1 May 27, 2009
If the village of Hainesville is in such bad shape as peopel said it was before the election, why are we spending money on a "massive beautification" project? Shouldn't we be cutting the budget not adding to it?

Since: Mar 09

Round Lake, IL

#2 May 28, 2009
Maybe residents will start to appreciate their town instead of dumping on it. I think the massive beautification and cleanup projects are a great idea.
Jesse

United States

#3 May 28, 2009
Shouldn't we be cutting the budget, not adding to it? I thought they were going to do a line item review to cut back. Beautifying the village will not clear up all the foreclosed properties.

Round Lake, IL

#4 May 29, 2009
Did you attend the meeting last night? The majority of the funding was donated through Home Depot gift cards and volunteers. I highly suggest before throwing comments out that you actually attend the meetings. Also, I'm not sure where you're getting your facts from, but the village is not "in bad shape" with the budget. Again, attend the meetings...you may be surprised with the information given at them.
Jesse

United States

#5 May 29, 2009
Yes, I did attend the meeting. Excuse me, Hainesville Honey (?), but before the election, one of the people elected trustee said she was going to do a line by line review of the budget because there was too much waste and she was going to reduce our taxes. I highly suggest that you review what has been said and wake up to the fact that the names and faces have changed but not much else has. We're still gonna get screwed on taxes.
James

Chicago, IL

#6 May 29, 2009
Home Depot, gift cards, and of course, volunteers are always welcomed in any project. I do agree that the budget needs to be addressed. That was the BIG complaint before the election....waaay before the election. Plain and simple, our village was in the black....let's see and hope it stays that way. How the heck does one beautify "Open Spaces"...and what does that really mean?

Round Lake, IL

#7 May 29, 2009
I believe an outside audit of the budget and finances are being done. Give them a break...that trustee has been on the board, what, a month? And already has done more than many that sat on the board for years.
Jesse

United States

#8 Jun 1, 2009
Who is paying for this outside audit?

Round Lake, IL

#9 Jun 1, 2009
At the last meeting it was discussed that they were reviewing quotes. Hainesville will pay for it.
Ken

United States

#10 Jun 2, 2009
Come on! I voted for these people to reduce my taxes not spend more money. What is this about?
Jesse

United States

#11 Jun 10, 2009
And now we are buying another public works truck? I voted for these people because they promosed to cut taxes. It looks like same old same old to me.
Geez

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 16, 2009
This is normal "changing of the guard" stuff. It always happens during the honeymoon period. Eventually, things will settle down. Some of these newbies have been chomping at the bit for years to get a seat. Now that they have, they want to take the tiger by the tail. Let's just hope the tail doesn't come off cuz it was yanked too hard.
Anita

United States

#13 Jul 8, 2009
The flowers at the Union Square entrance are looking pretty sickly.
Putin

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 21, 2009
Wonder if Village Hall could hook up a hose in Cranberry Lake to water Union Square entrance? Wouldn't cost anything!
Anita

United States

#15 Jul 27, 2009
The flowers at Big Oak are dead. Hmmm. The flowers at Tall Oak look good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open mic coffee and tea (Feb '18) 5 hr Research 203
Joseph Gliniewicz (Sep '15) Wed Carl 116
Antioch Canton Tea Garden? (Aug '17) Oct 12 Nyet 18
Best restaurant in Antioch? (Jul '16) Oct 4 Alex 13
News Rain creates mini rapids in Hampshire Oct 3 Hank 8
Larry Wayne Crumb Sep 30 Sherrie Jennings 2
News OSHA cites Lakemoor Dental with employee safety... (Jul '16) May '18 Jahanvi 2

Hainesville Jobs

Personal Finance

Hainesville Mortgages