Haileyville School going downhill

Posted in the Haileyville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
upset parent

Tuskahoma, OK

#1 May 4, 2010
The condition of Haileyville School is terrible. The school looks rundown inside and out. The halls stink of urine, the lockers are falling apart.
The bad publicity that the school constantly gets, the bad administration, teachers who dont teach (friends of admin). What is wrong with the school board? Do they want to lose this school to Hartshorne? The obvious mistake was made hiring Jim Caughern, he has a bad reputation as a school administrator, coming from Leflore and leaving that school in a near bankrupt status. Why is the board going along with this man? Are they getting a benefit from keeping him there? Are they intimidated by him? Do they not have the self respect to do what is right? I have talked with a school board member from another area school, and asked if they had heard if Caughern. They laughed and said "what ever you do dont hire him" I said its to late. He said that noone wanted Caughhern, do to his history of hurting schools and that they refused to even consider him when he applied for their school. This man is a financial preditor, when he has sapped a school , he gets out before he gets in big trouble. Most schools dont have the funds to prosecute, and are just glad to get shed of this type of person.
hhs mom

Tucson, AZ

#2 Apr 12, 2011
the school is even worse now. the janitors don't do anything because caughern won't make them. they are all part of his litttle group of friends. the kids don't learn anything. most of the teachers left there are caughern's chosen friends and they don't teach class. they just sit around if they even show up.
Truth B Told

Tulsa, OK

#3 Apr 17, 2011
Nothing will change at the school until Caughern is gone. It is way past time for him to leave. If the school could get a new, decent administration, you would see teachers either shape up or ship out. The janitors would be gone too, especially his 2 little favorite ones.
hhs mom

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2011
they need to clean house and start over. keep the good teachers and workers who are not in with caughern.
Truth B Told

United States

#5 Apr 24, 2011
hhs mom wrote:
they need to clean house and start over. keep the good teachers and workers who are not in with caughern.
It has gotten so bad that I am now really thinking about sending my kids somewhere else next year. I don't want to and they really want to stay where they have always been, but they aren't learning anything at Haileyville any more.

I keep thinking that they are on the verge of getting rid of Caughern and his group, but then somehow, he manages to stay and nothing happens. I hate to see the school in the shape that it's in and I hate to abandon it, but I don't see much of a choice.

We talked to some people who went over to Hartshorne and they seem to like it there. I keep hoping that something will happen soon, but I just don't know. It looks like Haileyville is stuck with Caughern for another year unless they can finally get rid of him.
Mad Parent

Hartshorne, OK

#6 May 2, 2011
It took 10 years to get rid of Osama Bin Laden. I hope it doesnt take that long to get rid of Caughern.
Truth B Told

Tulsa, OK

#7 May 4, 2011
Mad Parent wrote:
It took 10 years to get rid of Osama Bin Laden. I hope it doesnt take that long to get rid of Caughern.
It took LeFlore longer than that to get rid of Caughern. Let's hope that Haileyville is at least a little smarter and will get rid of him quicker.
Mad Parent

Tucson, AZ

#8 May 10, 2011
They must not be too smart. Now I heard that they hired his wife! When will they wake up and come to their senses?
hhs mom

United States

#9 May 13, 2011
Mad Parent wrote:
They must not be too smart. Now I heard that they hired his wife! When will they wake up and come to their senses?
maybe the whole school board needs to be voted out. why can't we get good people to run our school?
hhs mom

Terlton, OK

#10 May 17, 2011
i just wish that we could vote on them all at once instead of 1 each year. somehting needs to be done now! that school is falling apart!
Mad Parent

United States

#11 May 21, 2011
It may be too late for the school. I would think about my kids instead. I used to think that staying and fighting for the school was the best thing. It got so bad and no one did anything, so I finally had no choice but to take my kids to another school. It was the best thing for them. They are doing great and learning. All I hear now about Haileyville from my kids friends who still go there is that they are not learning anything and that they wish they could go to school somewhere else.
hhs mom

Sapulpa, OK

#12 May 30, 2011
it has got worse and got even worse this year. the schol has no money and the kids don't learn anything. i just hope that next year will get better and that we get rid of Caughern.
Mad Parent

Tucson, AZ

#13 Jun 24, 2011
Until they get rid of Caughern you can bet that it will be worse this year. I would not want his wife being my kid's counselor. You can bet that anything the kids tell her will later be used to Caughern's advantage if he can find a way to use it.
Truth B Told

Tulsa, OK

#14 Jun 27, 2011
Mad Parent wrote:
Until they get rid of Caughern you can bet that it will be worse this year. I would not want his wife being my kid's counselor. You can bet that anything the kids tell her will later be used to Caughern's advantage if he can find a way to use it.
She will also be another spy that he will use on the teachers and staff. Tracy, Tammy, and Vola will have another team member.
Truth B Told

Tucson, AZ

#15 Jul 11, 2011
I wonder if Caughern's wife will be absent when Caughern is absent, which is just about all of the time.
Mad Parent

Tulsa, OK

#16 Jul 24, 2011
Truth B Told wrote:
I wonder if Caughern's wife will be absent when Caughern is absent, which is just about all of the time.
Speaking of being absent did anyone hear that they have not had any school board meetings since May? Is that true and if so is it legal?
Wow

United States

#17 Jul 25, 2011
I am worried after reading these posts. Buffalo Valley school just hired Caughern's brother.
Truth B Told

Skiatook, OK

#18 Aug 1, 2011
I can't believe another school was stupid or desperate enough to hire a Caughern.

Buffalo Valley would be better off to run the school without a superintendent until they could find a good one. Unfortunately, they did just like Haileyville, LeFlore, Achille, and others. They will find out the hard way.

I feel very sorry for them. They are doomed unless they get wise and get rid of him quick.
Mad Parent

Hartshorne, OK

#19 Aug 13, 2011
The schedule shows that there is a board meeting Monday night. They still do not have an agenda up on the school web site.
Truth B Told

United States

#20 Dec 3, 2011
The next school board election is coming up in February. Filing for the board position that will be up for election should be any time now.

We need someone decent to run against Jared Hauff. Caughern has had it good for too long and our school has suffered. It's time to clean house and take back our school!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haileyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thank you mike mass Mon jerri moody hooper 3
Mall Aug 16 Big bad john 3
Police Chief's other full-time job Aug 14 Ronsdad 1
Castaway cove property pittsburg county (Apr '07) Jul '16 velma 330
Downtown Jun '16 Used to love this... 1
Review: Weddle Family Clinic - Nancy Weddle DO (May '10) Jun '16 Pix222 29
News The Girl Scout murders revisited (Jun '07) Jun '16 Pix222 254

Haileyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance