Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editor...

Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials

There are 8 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jun 10, 2009, titled Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Anyone who manages a business can easily put themselves in Gov. Linda Lingle's shoes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

pops

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jun 10, 2009
Mckean, state workers are overpaid and we know that, raisisg taxes is pure stupid
Jim967

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jun 10, 2009
Mr. Mack, While I fully agree with your assessment, I believe anyone with all the qualifications you mentioned have one more that you didn't, 6) The intelligence not to run for public office when they can make much more in the private sector.
Too often, politicians are elected (usually over and over) because of their personality or ability to sway opinions. The attributes you mentioned can be more often found in a Fortune 500 company or a successful small business, not in the Legislature or Governor's Mansion.
Hawaiian Republican

United States

#3 Jun 10, 2009
Donald Mack, and I would like it to never rain whenever I go outside, to always snow on Christmas morning, and to have every traffic light turn green as I approach each intersection.

Friend, you don't live in reality. Certainly not in the State of Hawaii. More like in the state of utopia.

I would like for you to list some Governors...or heck, any politicians (local, state, or federal) across the country...who possess all the traits you listed. No need to get out a full sheet of paper for the task. You'll have plenty of room on a small 2"x3" post-it sticky (with room left over to write out your grocery list).

It's fun to live in a dreamworld, but at some point-in-time, you have to come back to deal with reality.
old country gal in Kailua

Honolulu, HI

#4 Jun 10, 2009
pops wrote:
Mckean, state workers are overpaid and we know that, raisisg taxes is pure stupid
I agree wholeheartedly with Steve, even though my GET could be raised.
wildman

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jun 10, 2009
pops wrote:
Pops..I agree, past research showed employment opportunities for State Employment positions were higher that the private sector,including benefits.
some were allow permiums and travel allowances as well. for years they had the opportunity to save.
Bottom line, Save for a rainy day. And if they didn't
its not the publics fault, its their own.

Since: Feb 08

Kaneohe, Hawaii

#6 Jun 10, 2009
Hawaiian Republican wrote:
Donald Mack, and I would like it to never rain whenever I go outside, to always snow on Christmas morning, and to have every traffic light turn green as I approach each intersection.
Friend, you don't live in reality. Certainly not in the State of Hawaii. More like in the state of utopia.
I would like for you to list some Governors...or heck, any politicians (local, state, or federal) across the country...who possess all the traits you listed. No need to get out a full sheet of paper for the task. You'll have plenty of room on a small 2"x3" post-it sticky (with room left over to write out your grocery list).
It's fun to live in a dreamworld, but at some point-in-time, you have to come back to deal with reality.
I was going to add that, when I read his letter, I thought that Obama meets only one or two of the traits that Mack describes.Still, he was elected by a comfortable margin. Small chance you will see any change in this picture.
wildman

Honolulu, HI

#7 Jun 10, 2009
ole mac donald had a farm eyi eyi yo...with a few quacks here and a a few quacks there....
give me a break

Kaneohe, HI

#8 Jun 10, 2009
DONALD MACK---THE CITY DOESN'T FACE A BUDGET CRISIS??????????

THE KEY ANSWER IS "NOT YET" (MAYBE, AND I USE THE "MAYBE" TERM LIGHTLY)WAIT FOR THE TRAIN AND E.P.A. MANDATED SEWER PLANT UPGRADES AND OTHER REPAIRS ETC. ETC.------

BY THAT TIME, IT WILL BE ANOTHER MAYORS PROBLEM, AS MUFI WILL HAVE MOVED ON TO GREENER PASTURES..........

GET IT??????????

still from Kaneohe....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haiku Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Frank's Friendly Cars Maui Car Rental LLC (Jun '11) Feb '18 Big Al 2
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Feb '18 Musikologist 7
News Critics complain officer follows law to the letter (Sep '08) Jan '18 Joe Balls 539
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) Nov '17 Big balls 5
Paying respect and fentanyl Nov '17 three blocks 1
Joe Groomes (Mar '17) Aug '17 Nancy Groomes 2
News If you Like Haiku Stairs, Speak Up (Sep '14) Dec '16 FreeTheStairs 30

Haiku Jobs

Personal Finance

Haiku Mortgages