Inmate Found Dead In Lowndes County Jail

Inmate Found Dead In Lowndes County Jail

There are 212 comments on the Wsbtv.com story from Feb 17, 2006, titled Inmate Found Dead In Lowndes County Jail. In it, Wsbtv.com reports that:

Authorities are trying to determine what caused the death of an inmate at the Lowndes County Jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wsbtv.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
abc

Katy, TX

#212 Jun 13, 2012
my dad beat him during his arrest and willie james william died in the jailcell the next day some people think it was because my dad beat him with his flashlight but i dont think my dad would do that
Anna

Lake Park, GA

#213 Jun 29, 2012
I'm a law abiding citizen who has never committed a crime, I pay all my taxes, and even do volunteer work on the side. Despite having insurance, I've paid over 800 dollars out of pocket in the last six months and haven't been able to afford my prescriptions for two weeks now. I'm postponing my next visit until I can store up a bit of savings, so it won't wipe me out financially like the last two visits did.

So pardon me if I don't sit here and cry for all the rapists, murderers, thieves, and pedophiles because they feel the free medical services that my tax dollars pay for are not up to par with what they believe they should get.
REALLY

Midland, GA

#214 Aug 27, 2012
Ok it's 2012 and ppl have posting things on here since 08 and do u know nothing has change. Those are some nasty ppl out there just bc u work at the jail doesn't mean u cn treat ppl any kind of way all of them aren't like this. And yes I've been to LCJ before. But I blame it on whoever's in charge because if u cnt take out the time to listen to an inmate but u want me to take out the time to vote for your sorry @$$. None of those sheriff's made a differents and CP doesn't give a flying F*-/ what goes on there I mean really what's your title? Do your F*-ing job.. That jail will never change Valdosta will never change that's why I'm gone. So really LC do the inmate's a favor and kill yourself str-8 like dat.. I mean it's a county jail NT a prison sorry,nasty, corrupt, ppl out there at the LCJ..
REALLY

Midland, GA

#215 Aug 27, 2012
Co one wrote:
Ok.... I am a CO and jus so everyone knows inmates are taken care of 24/7!! Medical staff is rushed to dorms at the first sign of injury if inmate is unable to go to medical, and yes priss is right, if you have a problem with the way you or your friends are treated in jail or prison them obey the law and stay free! Stop selling drugs smokin weed robbing assaulting whatever else its all illegal! Do not blame co's because we are there to do a job thats it!
Whoever you are you know damn well that's a bald face mf lie and like I said all of them aren't bad.. And so what if they chose to sell drugs, or rob or whatever it doesn't give y'all nasty a$$ the right to treat ppl like y'all do so stop with the lies and yes jail isn't suppose to be fun and it's NT suppose to be like hell because that's where you at once you hit them doors.. Then they sorry a$$ sit there and do nothing that shift that comes in the morning like I dnt remember her name short hair cut w/f kind of short OMG str-8 nasty just because but the way she act and talk to you like she knows nothing is going to happen to her and she's right.. Y'all take ppl store NT for days for months LCJ needs to let all those nasty no good officers, workers and that sheriff go because he's not doing right by those inmates and he doesn't care how they treat u inmates cnt get s*-! medical wise so gone with dat bs man I cn do a book on all y'all corrupt a$$. Next lie
REALLY

Midland, GA

#216 Aug 27, 2012
Perses wrote:
If you work in this jail and allow or cause abuse, you will pay the piper.
Every human being, regardless of status, has the right to proper medical treatment.
I am here, and I know people, I talk to persons you rely on for your basic needs as well.
Mistreat people and you will find yourself somewhere else to live outside of my county.
If you have further curiosity, I have removed Mayors from office, I override and nullify state laws if they are unfit or unjust. I will not allow people to be convicted in this county if they are going to be mistreated.
If you want Justice, it must be served fairly and with a higher ethic than those it presides.
I will watch this matter very closely.
Sounds good but that bs to because this has been going on for yrs and you and I both know that no one is going to come fourth because you know that would be like killing yourself in valdosta ga ppl have been convicted and mistreated.
REALLY

Midland, GA

#217 Aug 27, 2012
Anna wrote:
I'm a law abiding citizen who has never committed a crime, I pay all my taxes, and even do volunteer work on the side. Despite having insurance, I've paid over 800 dollars out of pocket in the last six months and haven't been able to afford my prescriptions for two weeks now. I'm postponing my next visit until I can store up a bit of savings, so it won't wipe me out financially like the last two visits did.
So pardon me if I don't sit here and cry for all the rapists, murderers, thieves, and pedophiles because they feel the free medical services that my tax dollars pay for are not up to par with what they believe they should get.
Thank you for your tax dollars and I'm so sorry u had to postpone your next damn visit but do u think because u had to postpone a damn visit mean ppl are suppose to be mistreated because they rapped or stole something or whatever I wonder would you feel that way if it was one of your family members and I pay tax dollars to hell so that's the only reason why you couldn't make your visit let me stop because that's crazy lady REALLY...
REALLY

Midland, GA

#218 Aug 27, 2012
Airman wrote:
Most won't. And I have no intentions on being in their shoes, I am not a thief.
All I have to say is I DON'T LIKE PPL LIKE YOU... U PROBABLY A LOOSE booty
REALLY

Midland, GA

#219 Aug 27, 2012
I spot illiterates wrote:
I can figure out by the comments here that Valdosta's educational system is seriously lacking due to severe illiteracy. Or there are just a huge number of drop outs here. Either way, most of you are very, very ignorant and need to learn grammar before bashing some one else because it just makes you look like the idiot you are when you can't spell simple words, thus making your argument invalid.
/thread
Who gives a f-*k about spelling blame that damn judge valdosta done have for about 40 yrs. U a lame because this is about LCJ nasty,corrupt a$$ system. Do u understand that since you so SMART...
diane

Northville, MI

#220 Sep 20, 2012
yeah if you do the crime then you do the time but these people are dying and that just isnt right. the jailors and the people that are in charge just dont care about the inmates
Hey REALLY

Douglas, GA

#221 Sep 20, 2012
Dey let use out too soon.
real

Carbondale, IL

#222 Jan 16, 2013
its not about doing the time its about dying in jail and wasnt sentence to death
Someone

Columbus, GA

#223 Jul 17, 2013
I am a family member of a guard who worked in Valdosta. He is no longer a guard and he has already paid the price but for everyone who says that there is nothing wrong with treating inmates inhumanely, i have a story for you. Mind you i did not know these things at the time and i learned these things after this family member stopped working as a guard. He informed me that he has broken his knee cap on an inmates head once but it wasnt the first time he kneed an inmate, that he has signed many writeups (because two signatures are needed, the 2nd as a witness)without actually witnessing anything, just because another guard needed a witness signature, and that he let the power of controlling PEOPLE go to his head and he treated them wrong (he is not referring to the abuse but verbally) this family member has gotten what he deserved and he knows it. i love him very much and im proud he can admit that he treated these PEOPLE wrong. with that said i am also the wife of someone who is on probation, recently he was arrested for a crime, i know without a doubt that he did not commit because i was with him and i believe they just wanted to make a quick arrest to appease the victim, he was arrested simply because he was in the vicinity at the time. again i know he didnt do it, im not just believing his "lies" because i am a witness to his innocence and will serve as one for the court. but because he was arrested for this crime he didnt commit he automatically violated probation and was arrested yet again. this man is not a career criminal and has worked and held a job since the month he got put on probation. he has tried to turn his life around and actually had a very nice well paid job but then he got fired because he was wrongly arrested and accused. we are now, yet again, trying to put our life back together. i just thought i would let everyone know that not everyone in jail is a criminal, it could very well be a wrong place, wrong time ordeal. and that in fact, inmates are or at least have been mistreated and abused, at least by my family member but it wouldnt surprise me if other guards let the power go to their heads. i dont care to hear the mean or rude things some people will comment back to me, im simply telling the truth and if you dont like it then move along to something else. yes my husband did commit a crime many years ago, but not the crime they are trying to charge him with now, and yes my family member who abused and mistreated inmates is an asshole and deserves to get the shit beat out of him, but dont worry because he did get the shit beat out of him and he will freely admit today that he had it coming to him the way that he abused and mistreated others. i hope everyone has a nice day and try to remain civil about everything, a disagreement is no reason to insult others, everyone has their own opinion and in due time, the truth will be known whatever the truth may be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hahira Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melt Thread II (Jan '16) 4 min Southern 2,964
Lol at Supremacists > 27 min Southern 54
Court of Appeals 38 min Why 54
Your favorite Trump/Trump Admin Nicknames >>>> 1 hr Southern 12
Oh, the irony 1 hr Southern 8
News The proposed Valdosta curfew ordinance was vote... 1 hr George Boston Rhynes 1
maga (Nov '16) 1 hr Southern 1,895

Hahira Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hahira Mortgages