State investigator visits Quitman, listens to disenfranchisement concerns

Aug 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

On Thursday, August 9, an investigator from the Secretary of State office visited the city of Quitman in an effort to listen to complaints against the Supervisor of Elections Ken Collins and the Brooks County Board of Elections.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2012
just saying
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Did anyone ask "why so many absentee ballots again"?
Person

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

just saying wrote:
Did anyone ask "why so many absentee ballots again"?
Because THAT is the way we decided to vote and will be voting in the future. EVERY person we talk to, we ENCOURAGE ABSENTEE VOTING to PROVE that this situation in BROOKS is a farce.
concerned

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Judged:

Brooks County finally has someone in the election office who will say no to illegal absentee voting. Did you people learn from the dirty dozen!!!!!!
zealous

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Absentee ballots should have criteria that has to be met. I believe they should be reserved for deployed Military. NOT vacationers and lazy people, as that is what early voting is for. Voting is a right, not a mandated action.

As for retirement homes and incarcerated individuals (non-felons), I think that the board of elections should send representatives with a voting machine (or two) to those places and let those individuals exercise their right to vote.

Unless you are part of the criteria mentioned above, you can get your ass to the polls and vote. Especially if you are a woman or African-american, your ancestors fought hard for you to afford the right to vote. Honor them by getting off your behinds and travel to the polls either during early voting or on election day. Leave the absentee ballots to those who are actually absent beyond their control.
baby momma

Adel, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Judged:

If you can't win legal go absentee
just saying

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

zealous wrote:
Absentee ballots should have criteria that has to be met. I believe they should be reserved for deployed Military. NOT vacationers and lazy people, as that is what early voting is for. Voting is a right, not a mandated action.
As for retirement homes and incarcerated individuals (non-felons), I think that the board of elections should send representatives with a voting machine (or two) to those places and let those individuals exercise their right to vote.
Unless you are part of the criteria mentioned above, you can get your ass to the polls and vote. Especially if you are a woman or African-american, your ancestors fought hard for you to afford the right to vote. Honor them by getting off your behinds and travel to the polls either during early voting or on election day. Leave the absentee ballots to those who are actually absent beyond their control.
I agree wholeheartedly, if you feel that strongly about your vote, get off your butt!
Look Out

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

He be coming to lanier county come nov.6
Watching

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Absentee ballots are a way around having to prove you are a legal voter.
tax payer

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Watching wrote:
Absentee ballots are a way around having to prove you are a legal voter.
the demo way that how they win
MLK Jr was right

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Thomas County Blogger

Adel, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Absentee ballots are also the ONLY way there isan easy to read audit trail for the vote you cast. Thomas County lets people vote absentee if you'r over a certain age or a couple of other fairly easy to meet criteria. The biggest thing is it's a paper ballot. The electronic voting machines, whether on election day or during early voting have no way to actually tell who voted for what. That's the way Conervatives designed and built them. If the Conservative (Tea Party or possibly Republican) candidate is loosing or isn't expected to do well the machines can be reprogrammed to "flip" a certain percentage of Democrat votes to Republican. The same thing can be done between candidates in a non-partisan election. Do some internet searching about the voting machine fraud that llegedly occured during the 2004 and 2008 elections.
If you can, vot absentee... it's the only way a recount can honestly be made.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Hahira Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hahira Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••