State investigator visits Quitman, listens to disenfranchisement concerns

Aug 12, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 11

On Thursday, August 9, an investigator from the Secretary of State office visited the city of Quitman in an effort to listen to complaints against the Supervisor of Elections Ken Collins and the Brooks County Board of Elections.

Full Story
just saying
#1 Aug 17, 2012
Did anyone ask "why so many absentee ballots again"?
Person

Cedar Rapids, IA

#2 Aug 18, 2012
just saying wrote:
Did anyone ask "why so many absentee ballots again"?
Because THAT is the way we decided to vote and will be voting in the future. EVERY person we talk to, we ENCOURAGE ABSENTEE VOTING to PROVE that this situation in BROOKS is a farce.
concerned

Hahira, GA

#3 Aug 18, 2012
Brooks County finally has someone in the election office who will say no to illegal absentee voting. Did you people learn from the dirty dozen!!!!!!
zealous

Carbondale, IL

#4 Aug 18, 2012
Absentee ballots should have criteria that has to be met. I believe they should be reserved for deployed Military. NOT vacationers and lazy people, as that is what early voting is for. Voting is a right, not a mandated action.

As for retirement homes and incarcerated individuals (non-felons), I think that the board of elections should send representatives with a voting machine (or two) to those places and let those individuals exercise their right to vote.

Unless you are part of the criteria mentioned above, you can get your ass to the polls and vote. Especially if you are a woman or African-american, your ancestors fought hard for you to afford the right to vote. Honor them by getting off your behinds and travel to the polls either during early voting or on election day. Leave the absentee ballots to those who are actually absent beyond their control.
baby momma

Moultrie, GA

#5 Aug 18, 2012
If you can't win legal go absentee
just saying

Moultrie, GA

#6 Aug 19, 2012
zealous wrote:
Absentee ballots should have criteria that has to be met. I believe they should be reserved for deployed Military. NOT vacationers and lazy people, as that is what early voting is for. Voting is a right, not a mandated action.
As for retirement homes and incarcerated individuals (non-felons), I think that the board of elections should send representatives with a voting machine (or two) to those places and let those individuals exercise their right to vote.
Unless you are part of the criteria mentioned above, you can get your ass to the polls and vote. Especially if you are a woman or African-american, your ancestors fought hard for you to afford the right to vote. Honor them by getting off your behinds and travel to the polls either during early voting or on election day. Leave the absentee ballots to those who are actually absent beyond their control.
I agree wholeheartedly, if you feel that strongly about your vote, get off your butt!
Look Out

Douglas, GA

#7 Aug 22, 2012
He be coming to lanier county come nov.6
Watching

United States

#8 Sep 3, 2012
Absentee ballots are a way around having to prove you are a legal voter.
tax payer

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 Sep 3, 2012
Watching wrote:
Absentee ballots are a way around having to prove you are a legal voter.
the demo way that how they win
MLK Jr was right

Blacklick, OH

#10 Oct 15, 2012
Thomas County Blogger

Sparks, GA

#11 Nov 1, 2012
Absentee ballots are also the ONLY way there isan easy to read audit trail for the vote you cast. Thomas County lets people vote absentee if you'r over a certain age or a couple of other fairly easy to meet criteria. The biggest thing is it's a paper ballot. The electronic voting machines, whether on election day or during early voting have no way to actually tell who voted for what. That's the way Conervatives designed and built them. If the Conservative (Tea Party or possibly Republican) candidate is loosing or isn't expected to do well the machines can be reprogrammed to "flip" a certain percentage of Democrat votes to Republican. The same thing can be done between candidates in a non-partisan election. Do some internet searching about the voting machine fraud that llegedly occured during the 2004 and 2008 elections.
If you can, vot absentee... it's the only way a recount can honestly be made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hahira Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Local Men Targets of KJ grand jury investigation 7 hr STM 93
Kendrick Johnson investigation: Federal grand j... 8 hr amanda 18
Valdosta State Enrolls _Cave Men_ in their Sigm... Nov 22 Jet stream 4
Blue pool neighborhood Nov 16 Greg 7
Rick & Karen Bell sue Ebony Nov 12 TOM 252
Karen Bell's son gets picked on. (Feb '14) Nov 11 amanda 521
Melanie R. McGinnis Aug '14 OldFriend 3
Hahira Dating
Find my Match

Hahira People Search