Two crashes claim lives in Washington...

Two crashes claim lives in Washington Twp., Md.

There are 8 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Two crashes claim lives in Washington Twp., Md.. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Jan. 22, 2011 -- Two young men reportedly died in separate vehicle crashes on U.S. 40 in Washington County, Md.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

seatbelter

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Jan 22, 2011
More alcohol related crashes, when will they ever learn? Designated drivers for crapps sakes! Set an example, do not be one!

There has been no word on the blood tests done on the recent auto deaths in Franklin County this past month?

WHY???
tired of this nonsence

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Jan 22, 2011
because you only hear if it was alcohol not if it was just an accadent not news worthy enough
Spartacus

Newville, PA

#3 Jan 22, 2011
It was in Washington County, not TWP.
Lynch

United States

#4 Jan 22, 2011
I wonder if this explains the empty cases of beer and bottles that were strewn all over blairs valley road last night.
Fulton County is sad

Waterfall, PA

#5 Jan 22, 2011
Many people knew the 3 young men involved in the accident by The Shamrock. They were friends with my own kids when they were in high school.

Nobody understands this tragedy! No more than we did back in September when we lost 2 high schools students because of speeding on route 522.

Tommy was a good kid. He may not have made the best choices and this one cost him his life. He was only 19. Josh is in very bad shape. Travis will be getting into lots of legal trouble because he is over 21 and it will be him who gets charged for the alcohol and giving it to minors.

PLEASE, tell your kids to think about the next time they get into a car drining or with someone drinking. We are tired of losing our kids to such avoidable tragedies. Prayers for all the families during this sad time.
Waynesboro Resident

Newville, PA

#8 Jan 23, 2011
Washington Township is in Pennsylvania and Washington County is in Maryland. Confusing but that's the facts.
Old School

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Jan 23, 2011
Sadly, in the final analysis, it will most likely be a cell phone that was involved. Alcohol certainly would have contributed, but these young folks just can't resist texting and/or talking and driving. I pray for them and their families.
OldCburgChick

Frederick, MD

#10 Jan 25, 2011
This is old news, only the names and locations have changed.

"Drinking and driving" is something many, many of us have experienced, I know I was guilty of the very same thing as a young adult and I'm thankful I lived thru it, grew older and wiser and realized not only was I taking my own life in my drunken hands, but the life of all those innocent people who just happened to be on the road the same time as I was. Many of those events originated at the very same bar mentioned in a previous post - the Shamrock. That could have been me 30-odd years ago.

As parents, we did all we could to drive home the fact that drinking and driving - no matter what the age - is unacceptable, illegal and irresponsible behavior. However, like every generation before them, young people must learn these lessons for themselves. They, just like those before them, feel indestructable and adventurous and they just can't wait to sample all that "adulthood" has to offer.

Hopefully, these needless deaths and injuries will serve some purpose. Maybe "someone" close to one of these young people will remember THIS outcome and decide to NOT drink and drive in the future.

So many young lives ended for no good reason. So many families and friends left devastated by one bad decision.

I too, pray that the friends and families of these young people find comfort in each other, their community and their faith.

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are at peace.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mitzi's Lounge (Apr '09) Jul 16 BIG MIKE 23
Bethany Crabtree Where is she? does she owe you... (Mar '15) Jul 3 big member 3
rv center (Oct '08) Jul 1 Martz friends 23
Review: Life Treatment Center (Apr '13) Jun 30 Suckered by briggs 8
Church of God Universal is a Cult (Jul '12) Jun 26 BE SAVED OR GO TO... 41
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
News He's Right Apr '16 Three Days 2

Hagerstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hagerstown Mortgages