What Is Up With Western Maryland?

What Is Up With Western Maryland?

Posted in the Hagerstown Forum

ghbht

Hagerstown, MD

#1 Sep 14, 2011
I was reading the Herald Mail earlier today and just happened across an article in the tri-state section about the possibility of a company that may come to the business park in martinsburg and build TWO one million square foot facilities. There is already a one million square foot facility in the works there for Macy's. Go north of Hagerstown to Pennsylvania and you have Norfolk and Southern building a rail yard that had a shot at being built in Western Maryland. We are located in an area that is a hub of transportation (i.e. Hub City) yet we can't beg, buy, or persuade a company to put any facilities in Washington County or Hagerstown. Are the planning commissions and politicians north and south of us that much better? Maybe we should ask ourselves that come November of 2012.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church of God Universal is a Cult (Jul '12) 22 hr BE SAVED OR GO TO... 41
Review: Mitzi's Lounge (Apr '09) Jun 22 Lil joe 16
Review: Life Treatment Center (Apr '13) Jun 8 Eamave 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
News He's Right Apr '16 Three Days 2
Bethany Crabtree Where is she? does she owe you... (Mar '15) Apr '16 Not surprised 2
News Questionable Spending Unearthed at Famous Cemetery Apr '16 Suzy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hagerstown Mortgages